Was Kenny's rant at Clem in Ep 4 annoying?

I mean if you don't do anything and just kill the Walker, he gets pissed at you. If you chop off her arm and leave her like this he's angry at you, if you kill her after chopping her arm off he's still pissed.

Comments

• I don't know about annoying, but yeah, it was determinately out of line.

• It was strangely realistic because knowing Kenny and what he lived through he is bound to be pissed for loosing his second lover no matter what....clem just took the piss.

• Definitely annoying and unwarranted. In both scenarios. Clem did everything she could to try to make the best of what was a lost cause. It's understandable that his grief was making him irrational in that moment though.

• Season 2 Episode 4 was just bad writing everywhere TBH.

• the writers were trying to get across that he was unstable and had dangerously erotic behavior which should've been obvious to everyone since he was originally in carver's place but people still defend him for some reason.

• edited December 2018

It was intentional from the writers to convey to you "you know Kenny's an asshole right?"

• Y’all urbans need Kenny

• Got to watch out for those dangerous erotics... ?

sarahsenpai posted: »

the writers were trying to get across that he was unstable and had dangerously erotic behavior which should've been obvious to everyone since he was originally in carver's place but people still defend him for some reason.

• edited December 2018

dangerously erotic behaviour

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

E

sarahsenpai posted: »

the writers were trying to get across that he was unstable and had dangerously erotic behavior which should've been obvious to everyone since he was originally in carver's place but people still defend him for some reason.

• Eye rolls YES it was. Walking away in the middle of his rant would’ve been great.

• Could you imagine his response to Clem just doing a 180 and walking away from him like that

"You think because you're a little girl you ca--wait, where did... hey. HEY. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! I'M IN THE FUCKIN' MIDDLE OF SOMETHIN' HERE!"

NOHATCLEM posted: »

Eye rolls YES it was. Walking away in the middle of his rant would’ve been great.

• But-but...the DRAMA!

NOHATCLEM posted: »

Eye rolls YES it was. Walking away in the middle of his rant would’ve been great.

• edited December 2018

Yeah, but I think Kenny was just upset and looking for someone to take it out on.
    You can sort of avoid his rant if you tell him that the group doesn't know what to do about Rebecca's baby. He'll say "Enough Clementine" then tell you to go away.

• TFW you get the hunch 99% of people in this thread would react exactly like Kenny in that situation

no hate, you do you ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2018

I just wish the rant slightly changed based on the choice to chop Sarita's arm off or not. I think the way the scene plays out currently works if you chopped the arm off, since Clementine does play a role in causing her death (granted, she was trying to save her life, but you can't expect Kenny to see it that way at the moment). But it'd be nice if they made it so he was less angry towards Clementine if you killed the walker instead. Still have him get angry, but make his anger less directed at Clementine. Sorta like if you tried to save Shawn in S1-- Hershel is slightly less angry with Lee and acknowledges that he tried to help. Something like that, where Kenny at least acknowledges that it wasn't Clementine's fault for Sarita's current predicament.

• That'd be nice[r].

I think the way the scene plays out currently works if you chopped the arm off, since Clementine does play a role in causing her death (granted, she was trying to save her life, but you can't expect Kenny to see it that way at the moment).

That's my thoguht as well

Deltino posted: »

I just wish the rant slightly changed based on the choice to chop Sarita's arm off or not. I think the way the scene plays out currently wor

• Yep!

Cocoa2736 posted: »

TFW you get the hunch 99% of people in this thread would react exactly like Kenny in that situation no hate, you do you ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Had a pretty great episode title though

AronDracula posted: »

Season 2 Episode 4 was just bad writing everywhere TBH.

• Not to mention the episode slide! That picture had me interested way before the episode was released. Turns out nothing like that happened, they also changed the awesome creepy music that used to play when viewing it.

I miss that from Season 2 which each slide would have a music or sfx representing the episode

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Had a pretty great episode title though

• Not really. I berated him about everything Clem lost, and that shut him up. He was going through some shit, but we didn't have time for that. I get it, but I shut it down.

• Yeah, but honestly, I was more annoyed at the group for forcing Clementine to talk to him even though it was clear the man just needed space to grieve. Seriously, Kenny even spells this out. He just needs a little time to say goodbye, then he'll lick his wounds and THEN we can give the pep talk in the tent.

• No... Atleast in my first playthrough
    Yes... if you killed the walker

• Yes, I told him to shove it where the sun does not shine.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.