One World, One Government: Is it Even Possible?

One World, One Government: Is it Even Possible?

I mean, if there is only one world, one government, doesn't that mean the economy will be centralized and there will be no more competition. Which means, we will all have the same money, and no more exchange rates. Will that not result to people becoming lazy? And after that, fewer people will control and have access to the best of the world's technology, resources and medicines like that of the Elysium movie.

Comments

• Hehe put me in charge and I’ll show the whole world a party, amirite fellas? Pls elect me pls
    ?
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• There are a lot of people in the world who live in extreme poverty, while a few live in relative comfort, and a handful with extreme wealth. A single government would have to figure out how to deal with this while still maintaining fairness to all citizens. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Cell phones and the Internet have done some remarkable things, though.

• One World, One Government: Is it Even Possible?

I don't know. I just don't know. Maybe, it will help and maybe it will cause more trouble from other viewpoints.

• Well considering how terrible the EU is and how useless the UN is... I think that's a big NO.

• Are you trying to start a dictatorship ;)

• I dont give a fuck about politics

• edited January 2019

lol so random lulz

Technically, sure. The problem is any power attainable by man is a finite resource and can be spread too thin as well as unevenly. The issue isn't establishing a One World Government (though that would be a meticulous assimilation that would require the obliteration and submission of many cultures, probably involving World War 3 in the process), it's having the incredible forces and charisma to make sure it stays a one world government. It only takes one group of people to declare a piece of the earth theirs to strip your d̶i̶c̶t̶a̶t̶o̶r̶s̶h̶i̶p̶ utopia of that endearingly modest title.

• That's fucking stupid Ben

• No thank you. I'd like to stay as far away as possible from the US on a political level after Trump. Though I have to admit for as much as we laugh at Trump here in germany, we're currently not all that great either with the alt-right having around 13% of votes with the tendency of an increase.

"One world, one government" sounds like a sick tagline for a new season of House of Cards, though.

• With the right amount of money, anything's possible.

This discussion has been closed.