Does Violet deserve to die in EP4 after what she has done? (Louis' route)

So let's be clear - Violet betrayed Clem and the group in Episode 3. I would even say that she unofficially joined The Raiders, but that would be too much to say for now. If she has survived the explosion on that ship and Clem will encounter her again - what should she do? Forgive her? Give her a chance to redeem? Or maybe just kill both her and Minerva to be sure that the problem is solved?

Comments

• I wouldn't actively cause her death, but I wouldn't expend effort to save her over someone else if it came down to it.

Minerva, on the other hand, well....that bitch has gotta die.

If we get the chance, she's outta there!

• I think that Violet will not really let you kill her. So it will either be 2for1 like in McDonalds or none of them I guess.

LLemonSS posted: »

I wouldn't actively cause her death, but I wouldn't expend effort to save her over someone else if it came down to it. Minerva, on the other hand, well....that bitch has gotta die. If we get the chance, she's outta there!

• If it comes to that, it comes to that :D

MaikelRR_ posted: »

I think that Violet will not really let you kill her. So it will either be 2for1 like in McDonalds or none of them I guess.

• edited January 2019

tfw Louis as a character is basically already dead in my playthrough

• I don't think any character "deserve to die", no matter their actions, I have a firm belief in allowing them to live. I don't blame Violet for being upset at not being saved by Clementine, she may know Clementine could only pick either Louis or her, but it doesn't make the hurt or pain feel any less severe or damaging. I saved Louis, and I stand by my decision, I was a bit frustrated that Violet acted the way she did, but I don't hold it against her, I would be annoyed too, I think almost everyone would feel annoyed

• No she doesn't.

• edited January 2019

Yeah, no.

People can make mistakes you know.

• Why kill her? She felt salty about the players decision. I mean I'm sure Louis would of expressed his saltiness too...if he had a tongue lol.

• Violet is more emotionally unstable than Louis, she values friendship a lot and when Clem breaks that friendship (In her eyes) she deals with it different than Louis: she basically gives up on Clem and decides it's not worth fighting the Delta, even going as far as trying to stop Clem from escaping to stop more people from dying.

I don't think that's unredeemable.

• Being annoyed can't cover a betrayal.

I don't think any character "deserve to die", no matter their actions, I have a firm belief in allowing them to live. I don't blame Violet f

• Yeah. That's why the first thing he does is hug Clem, lmao))

MosesARose posted: »

Why kill her? She felt salty about the players decision. I mean I'm sure Louis would of expressed his saltiness too...if he had a tongue lol.

• Does this mean that you have finally joined the AJ Gang and recognized that Marlon deserved to die because of his betrayal?

Being annoyed can't cover a betrayal.

• Is there even something like AJ Gang? Does it even contain more than one guy which is you by the way :D?

Does this mean that you have finally joined the AJ Gang and recognized that Marlon deserved to die because of his betrayal?

• yes and yes

Is there even something like AJ Gang? Does it even contain more than one guy which is you by the way ?

• Yes she deserves to die, however I'm willing to spare her if she doesn't get in my way when I kill Minerva.
    @BigBadPaul

People can make mistakes you know.

There's little to no space for mistakes when your on the ship of the evil bitch who's willing to kill everyone.
    @dylanwoods777

I don't think any character "deserve to die", no matter their actions, I have a firm belief in allowing them to live.

How about Minerva and Lily?

• That's mah boi.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Yes she deserves to die, however I'm willing to spare her if she doesn't get in my way when I kill Minerva. @BigBadPaul People can ma

• He will still be the best character in the series even if he will be writing his jokes on paper from now on ;)

• You may think I am weird or odd for this, but even them, even Carver, in my opinion, don't deserve death. I strongly believe in punishment for wrongdoing, but I don't think the ultimate price should be paid for doing heinous acts, this may come across as silly, but I view all human life to be equal, no matter the social status or actions of an individual, I think a severe punishment should be dealt, but I think the taking of said individual's life is a bit unnecessary, and the bigger and better action to make, to me, is to punish them, rather than take away what doesn't belong to the judge,jury and executioner

Dex-Starr posted: »

Yes she deserves to die, however I'm willing to spare her if she doesn't get in my way when I kill Minerva. @BigBadPaul People can ma

• I think you mean tfw Louis will still have more development and love from the fans than violet in the next episode

• Despite how angry I am at her because of her actions, and in spite of how I'm usually reluctant to trust people again after any betrayal and almost never give people a second chance, no she doesn't deserve to die.

First off, her reasoning fits very much in line with her character, given her backstory and how she stood up for us in the aftermath of Marlon's death and throughout Episode 2. I can't say I blame her for feeling betrayed or thinking that she'd be better off with Minnie, I don't defend it, but I can't blame her necessarily.

Secondly, I'd be a huge ass hypocrite if I demanded Violet's death when I was willing to forgive Louis for kicking us out in Episode 2. Louis' reasoning, much like Violet's fits with his character and gives him proper reasoning for his actions, and I understood that and was able to not only earn his trust back, but forgive him for what he did to us. Violet is pretty much in the same boat (ha ha, get it, because they were on a boat) as Louis was in the previous episode. If I could forgive and understand Louis, then I have to at least give Violet a chance.

I still like Violet, even with her actions, because she's one hell of a character. I want to earn her trust back, and I'll try to work for it because she's my friend. However, if she doesn't want it, fine, I'm not going to force her to forgive me or beg for it.

The only time I could see myself killing Violet, is if she gets in my way of killing Minerva. No redemption for her, no second chance, Minerva needs to die, and I need to be the one to do it, and no one, not even Violet, is going to stop me. She can hate me for the rest of her life, I don't care, I need this.

• If she values friendship then she wouldn’t want Clementine to save her over Louis

Violet is more emotionally unstable than Louis, she values friendship a lot and when Clem breaks that friendship (In her eyes) she deals wit

• Louis showed no anger to Clem if captured

MosesARose posted: »

Why kill her? She felt salty about the players decision. I mean I'm sure Louis would of expressed his saltiness too...if he had a tongue lol.

• See if you picked violet, Louis isn't mad at you and dorian lives AND that stupid bitch minerva gets shot

• Yes because she is just as irrelevant as the other teenagers. Do I prefer her to Louis? Yes. Will I lose sleep over it? No.

• And Louis gets heavily damaged. You have forgotten about that buddy.

MaxTheFax posted: »

See if you picked violet, Louis isn't mad at you and dorian lives AND that stupid bitch minerva gets shot

• me in episode 4 when violet ask for help but i let her die instead

• He's not dead AND he's better off without talking

And Louis gets heavily damaged. You have forgotten about that buddy.

• It's worse than being dead for him probably.

MaxTheFax posted: »

He's not dead AND he's better off without talking

• I mean, Violet does punch toy in the face if you fail the QTE. Minerva will definitely try to kill you. So maybe. Violet won't let you kill Minerva if you saved Louis. But if you saved Violet, she hates Minerva for what she's done, so if you do kill Minerva, I don't think she'd care.

• Yeah but in her eyes she was abandoned by Clem.
    She feels alone at Ericson, when Clem shows up she warms up to her and becomes closer to her, she supports Clem throughout Episode 2 and is actually concerned about her.
    After all that plus whatever she went through on the boat she is obviously affected and is not in a good place mentally speaking.

I don't even know why people are even arguing when you can play the game however you want and save Louis / Violet

Melton23 posted: »

If she values friendship then she wouldn’t want Clementine to save her over Louis

• Idk why I'm picturing everyone doing that as Vi's in trouble but it's killing me. :D :D

Poogers555 posted: »

me in episode 4 when violet ask for help but i let her die instead

• I never liked that emo bitch anyway

• I don’t get the arguments either. I assume it’s all a matter of defending what character tear you think needs defending. In this case most of the community seems to be supporting Louis atm.

Yeah but in her eyes she was abandoned by Clem. She feels alone at Ericson, when Clem shows up she warms up to her and becomes closer to he

• edited January 2019

Whoever you let get captured is going to die in the finale.

Bet on it.

You can already see the set up. Violet is hellbent on stopping you and Louis basically has no soul left inside him and looks like he is begging for it all to end.

Violet is mentally dead and Louis is physically dead.

• What has she done to you?

I never liked that emo bitch anyway

• Violet? more like BYE-LET AMIRIT

BigBadPaul posted: »

What has she done to you?

• Don't put that filth on me.

Violet? more like BYE-LET AMIRIT

• Violet hating club. I love that.

Violet? more like BYE-LET AMIRIT

Sign in to comment in this discussion.