I feel like a jerk (Louis spoilers)

In my runthrough, I'm going with a full Violet route because I feel like she has the more interesting story route, and I've also gone against Louis in his argument with Aasim. I have been nice to him when I can, though. But man, for him to get his toungue cut out because I chose to choose Vi even though he saved me, that's the first time I've ever felt like a scumbag in these games. I know it's not my fault that he specifically got his tongue cut out, but for him to be in that situation because he was a good friend even though I've left him hanging made me feel like a POS. Hats off to the writers for that.

Comments

• that's the first time I've ever felt like a scumbag in these games.

Good. I hope everyone who let Louis get taken feels really bad about it. I kinda wish Violet got something done to her too. Not fair to Louis that only he gets hurt but it makes sense that he did on account of him always trying to be funny.

• Stick with your choice.

• I didn't feel TOO bad about it, because I still didn't like Louis. It's sort of his own fault too.

He couldn't stop talking for a single day that we were gone.

Dex-Starr posted: »

that's the first time I've ever felt like a scumbag in these games. Good. I hope everyone who let Louis get taken feels really bad a

• Gotta give it to ya, you got me there!??

I didn't feel TOO bad about it, because I still didn't like Louis. It's sort of his own fault too. He couldn't stop talking for a single day that we were gone.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

While I do think there's value in knowing when to keep your head down and avoid trouble, there's also value in not standing down in the face of adversity.

I guess it comes down to what virtue you put more stock in; standing up against wrongdoing, or playing along and tempering yourself until it's the right time to strike back. I think both are equally valid.

I didn't feel TOO bad about it, because I still didn't like Louis. It's sort of his own fault too. He couldn't stop talking for a single day that we were gone.

• It's implied that Louis was constantly mouthing off more than actually saying anything polemic.

You don't need to constantly blabber to stand up to injustice.

Deltino posted: »

While I do think there's value in knowing when to keep your head down and avoid trouble, there's also value in not standing down in the face

Sign in to comment in this discussion.