Kenny needs a mention or flashback maybe appears with lee in dream in ep4

edited January 2019 in The Walking Dead

I feel he needs more of a send off cause in my opinion he’s the second most important character in the series as he’s the only one to appear in all 6 episodes of s1 including the dlc and is basically the centre of the story in s2 and in my story besides clem he’s the only one of the Macon group to not die as Lilly is dead in my story so that leaves only clementine and Kenny in my story the only ones left to have not died , as Kenny wouldn’t die in the crash without clem driving so it’s possible he’s still alive although I highly doubt he’ll return in the present but I hope there’s at least a flashback sequence with him or at least clementine and aj talk about him and maybe clem can give her opinion on whether he’s still alive,not sure or he’s probably dead I hope that happens.cause in my opinion he was a bigger character than lee.

Comments

• Facts, especially since Lee got a big moment. Kenny was more important than Lee in Clem's life as much as I love both. Kenny is the fucking boat lord. They had the constelation thing but everyone ruined it saying it's some other mustache'd man but I think devs know what they were doing with that easter egg. But we still need a quality Kenny dream.

• but everyone ruined it saying it's some other mustache'd man but I think devs know what they were doing with that easter egg

That "mustache'd man" is Randy Tudor sir,one of the greats.

ZombieKenny posted: »

Facts, especially since Lee got a big moment. Kenny was more important than Lee in Clem's life as much as I love both. Kenny is the fuckin

• No because my Clementine killed Kenny and formed no bond with him.

• That depends really. You might have, but others may have had a close relationship with Kenny.

No because my Clementine killed Kenny and formed no bond with him.

• The problem with flashbacks of past main characters is that they either have a minimal relationship with Clementine or are polarizing characters such as Kenny. That's why Lee works perfectly because he's the only character beside Clementine who is overwhelmingly loved.

• I feel now its too late for them to a Kenny flashback, but I would like to atleast mention him and shit.

Would have really liked a scene where Clem tells AJ about Kenny and everyone else from the past.

• Realistically Kenny should be mentioned frequently like Lee is, at least for the people who didn’t stupidly kill him at the end of S2. For those that went with him after Wellington, he spent all that time with Clem and AJ, 2 years was it? So you’d think Clem would have told AJ all about Kenny but he doesn’t even get a fucking mention for the players who stayed with him, that was the most annoying thing for me in S4.

Well Kenny is alive in my game. I stayed in Wellington so he is an unknown status and hopefully still alive somewhere.

• He got a name drop and two Easter eggs, one of them being a collectable. I'd say that's fine.

• The easter eggs are more so references to Randy Tudor than they are Kenny. Also the one time you can mention Kenny is if you shot him, so nothing for people who stayed with Kenny the whole time.

He got a name drop and two Easter eggs, one of them being a collectable. I'd say that's fine.

• Is this the opinion of one dev or the whole team? Pretty much all Kenny fans view the stars and the sketch pad as Kenny Easter eggs. Plus Clem had the scar on her eyebrow; reminding us of Kenny's sacrifice

Poogers555 posted: »

The easter eggs are more so references to Randy Tudor than they are Kenny. Also the one time you can mention Kenny is if you shot him, so nothing for people who stayed with Kenny the whole time.

• The dev team who said it was Randy Tudor was the Lead Narrative Designer (don't know if he's still on the team or not). Randy Tudor has also been an easter egg reference since the first season of TWD.

Is this the opinion of one dev or the whole team? Pretty much all Kenny fans view the stars and the sketch pad as Kenny Easter eggs. Plus Clem had the scar on her eyebrow; reminding us of Kenny's sacrifice

• STFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• No, he really doesn't.

• Kenny unlike lee is not every one's favorite not every one end up with him dead or alive so a dream about him by clem is far from you can get he may get to be mentioned by clem to aj but i can't see him having to come in a dream tho he already has two flashbacks in the new frontier in as lee S2 AND s4 and appeared in two games one of them was centered about him so i think he took enough screen time more than lee it self i don't find the more need for him to reappear again so i think its lee's turn to get the to the screen this time.

• Nah. He's had his time. He was a deuteragonist for two seasons, got a flashback scene in three, and an Easter egg in four. He's had his tome to shine, and I have a feeling they're really going to need to cut down on the fluff if ep 4 is going to make this story complete and satisfying.

• Your Clementine is a failure, and she spit on Lee's grave :lol:

No because my Clementine killed Kenny and formed no bond with him.

• Okay, he have to criticize--where is any correlation within that?

Your Clementine is a failure, and she spit on Lee's grave

• Kenny did everything for Clementine. Literally sacraficed his sanity, his health, 2 of his wives, his friends. All for the pursuit of protecting Clem. To kill him because your mind was corrupted by the words of a suicidal wack jab that endangers infants is just not logical. Where it correlates with Lee, is Lee loved Kenny and Kenny carried the torch for Lee when he passed. Did everything he could for Clem from getting his orbital bone smashed into paste, to walking in the blizzard to find her sanctuary. Died for her in all honesty. So to have Clem kill him. I just can't consider it Cannon.

DabigRG posted: »

Okay, he have to criticize--where is any correlation within that?

• I don’t think it’s happening. They would have to make a brand new model for him and not everyone was close to him. I’d say he definitely deserves to be brought up more considering how much Lee is brought up by AJ when AJ never even met Lee. Kenny sacrificed and cared so much for AJ he definitely deserves some sort of tribute for those who stuck with him.

• Hell yeah at least make it determinant if you went to wellington with him cause my clem sided with him everytime even stay in wellington cause i knew he would be safe and survive the wrath of the writers cause as long as you aernt around clem the writers wont kill you off like look at lilly 8 years of surviving and 2 weeks of seeing clem she dies so kennys still alive in my story likely found his boat in florida and became a sailor maybe got himself a crew like pete

• edited January 2019

Kenny doesn't go to save Clementine at the end of EP4, S1 if your Lee doesn't suck Kenny off the entire game. In S2 he treats her as a surrogate replacement for Duck.

His relationship to Clementine is contrived at best.

Kenny did everything for Clementine. Literally sacraficed his sanity, his health, 2 of his wives, his friends. All for the pursuit of prot

• He doesn't go if you abuse him and aren't his homie. Canon story Kenny comes :lol: I was there with the boat lord through everything and his loyalty would never waver. Who was it that came into the building to rescue Lee when Larry suckered him? Good ol Kennith. Kenny is the greatest fictional man to ever walk. Neither Jane or that cunt Lilly compare to his greatness. They did their deeds out of selfishness and ignorance. Kenny genuinely was a hero.

Kenny doesn't go to save Clementine at the end of EP4, S1 if your Lee doesn't suck Kenny off the entire game. In S2 he treats her as a surrogate replacement for Duck. His relationship to Clementine is contrived at best.

• "You're the best second chance I could ask for."
    How does that not warm your heart?

Kenny doesn't go to save Clementine at the end of EP4, S1 if your Lee doesn't suck Kenny off the entire game. In S2 he treats her as a surrogate replacement for Duck. His relationship to Clementine is contrived at best.

• SHIT! KENNY WAR INCOMING! STEER CLEAR!

• Kenny should be the second protagonist of this game just after Clementine smh

• Enought with Kenny. Thank God he's ded.

• edited January 2019

well i didn't abuse him i wanted to help larry and he hated me for it other than that my lee was nice to him and sided with him but he still says that there is time when he asked for my help he say i didn't help him at all.
    also comparing the priority of Clem's safety with lee's treatment to him if he give that much damn about Clem when she needed him he shouldn't even question's lee's actions or even Ben's at that time and go no matter what. wasn't him the one who judges lee of him knowing what to do with Clem or not in A new day or him the one who complements/shit on lee for feeding kids/not feeding them in starved for help Kenny is a good man but he is not the best or that much of a man that he deserve to be praised that much.

He doesn't go if you abuse him and aren't his homie. Canon story Kenny comes I was there with the boat lord through everything and his l

• Well i agree kenny can be an ass but i agreed with him everytime except dropping ben but i did tell him he was dangerous but rick grimes was dangerous as well like at least kenny hasnt bitten peoples throats out yet i even stayed at wellington cause thats what he wanted and in my opion hes still alive offscreen like lilly was still alive after havent been seen for about 7 1/2 years and kenny seperates from clem in a better position then lilly as him by himself with a bag of supplies is better and hes only been gone for 4 1/2 years so hes definatly still alive in the stay at wellington route while the alone route im unsure cause he was abandoned on the side of the road like lilly was so im not sure if kennys still alive in that route but i feel if he is hes probably crazy asf cause at least in his wellington , clem forgives him which in my opion helped him a lot but alone path kenny has likely completly snapped cause the last thing keeping him happy and stable has given up on him and completly abandoned him so i reckon kennys future fates are

Wellington- still alive and has become more sane and stable maybe a bit like rick and morgan

Alone- still alive but has gone insane like tv show governor

• Even though I personally would enjoy another opportunity to shoot Kenny I don´t think he should appear in Clem´s dreams.
    Poor girl already has enough nightmares.

• Yeah we all know it was Tudor, but I really don't care. That's a Kenny easter egg and that's all there is to it.

AGenesis posted: »

The dev team who said it was Randy Tudor was the Lead Narrative Designer (don't know if he's still on the team or not). Randy Tudor has also been an easter egg reference since the first season of TWD.

• Yeah more previous characters should've been mentioned. Not a single mention of Christa/Omid, Luke, Jane, Kenny if you didn't shoot him, OR Wellington/Judith. These are the people that made the MOST impact on Clem's life, they should have all been mentioned at one time or another.

• Edith.
    Also Ed and Diana.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Yeah more previous characters should've been mentioned. Not a single mention of Christa/Omid, Luke, Jane, Kenny if you didn't shoot him, OR

• Im still pretty mad about AJ not wearing Kennys hat, but you know, Wellington Ending machine broke. Like its not even hard to do, just make AJ wear a fucking hat. Knowing Telltale though the excuse for even if they didnt just remove the Wellington ending would be "We cant afford for Aj to wear a hat because it cost almost nothing but muh budget"

Also the fact AJ is at an age we could actually tell him what Kenny asked us to tell him but we dont is a bit annoying. But for some reason Telltale hates the idea of call backs and feeling of rewarding long time players.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Yeah more previous characters should've been mentioned. Not a single mention of Christa/Omid, Luke, Jane, Kenny if you didn't shoot him, OR

• Pandering to newcomers. Very dissapointing when James asked if someone Clem cared about has turned and AJ jumps in with 'Lee. She shot him.. (very sad, definitely not overused by now)'

Im still pretty mad about AJ not wearing Kennys hat, but you know, Wellington Ending machine broke. Like its not even hard to do, just make

• Kenny should definitely have a flashback. I think it should be a scene at the motor inn with him, Lilly and Lee instead of of some emotional speech with Clementine, which has become a little predictable/repetitive in terms of flashbacks.

• Pretty much, I dont understand Telltales logic at all. Like its so obvious the people still playing Telltale's Walking Dead are the ones who have played the other games, so let us mention past events. There also feels like 0 reward for players who have been playing for a while now. Being able to make call backs like Kenny wanting us to tell AJ about his parents would be gratifying. More options about the past that arnt "LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" would be appreciated.

Sadly Telltale now just goes "budget machine broke" instead of actually putting in more effort. It doesnt cost that much to add a few more options to call back, its a really poor excuse, especially when you remember Tales episode 5 was 2 and a half hours, full of fan service, felt extremely rewarding, and had tons of options, and apparently episode 5 was finished with a skeleton crew. So if old Telltale was able to do all that even when most funds for the game had ended by episode 5, Im pretty sure modern Telltale can add some more call backs than just "Lee."

Ghetsis posted: »

Pandering to newcomers. Very dissapointing when James asked if someone Clem cared about has turned and AJ jumps in with 'Lee. She shot him.. (very sad, definitely not overused by now)'

• Holy shit, someone who actually thinks that out.

wdfan posted: »

Kenny should definitely have a flashback. I think it should be a scene at the motor inn with him, Lilly and Lee instead of of some emotional speech with Clementine, which has become a little predictable/repetitive in terms of flashbacks.

• A lot of the dead characters needed more mentions and flashbacks this season. Kenny being one of them. Clementine should’ve mentioned him to Lily at least ONCE. I hope you still can if Lily lives in episode three. Fingers crossed. Ed and Diana need some sort of recognition, you know? They ARE her parents after all. Omid and Christa also existed. And can we PLEASE get a scene where Clementine tells AJ about his own parents? Sorry.

• Not being able to mention Kenny to Lilly by far was a huge offense. Kenny and Lilly always butting heads was a major part of season 1, and then we ended up being with Kenny for even longer than Lee. It makes no sense that we couldnt say anything about that to piss her off, or the worst part, not even mentioning him to Lilly when she talks about fucking Larry. Why couldnt we go "Im glad Kenny killed Larry." to piss her off? I guess the poor newcomers would be too lost ;(

NOHATCLEM posted: »

A lot of the dead characters needed more mentions and flashbacks this season. Kenny being one of them. Clementine should’ve mentioned him to

• That would have been a great moment to bring him up. TFS is good, but I just feel like they missed out on so many opportunities. Still have hope that there’s some mention of him and others in episode 4.

Not being able to mention Kenny to Lilly by far was a huge offense. Kenny and Lilly always butting heads was a major part of season 1, and t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.