Choices you could never make in previous seasons?

Sorry if there's already been a thread on something like this, but I was wondering if there have been any choices you could never make/things you would never do, in any episode, knowing the consequences or not?

These are mine. Bear in mind, these are choices I've stuck to and not changed since I started playing the games:

In Season 1 and 400 Days, I could never:

• Side with Larry at the drug store. 'Nuff said.

• Lie to or threaten Vernon. One thing that's been drilled into me is don't make promises you can't keep.

• Drop Ben from the belltower. Sure, he'd make a lot of bad decisions, but no one deserves to die like that - lying on the floor with broken legs, crying in pain and being torn apart.

• Stay with Nate as Russell. My personal feeling about Nate aside, him having a gun at the moment aside, after everything Russell had gone through with his old group, it just doesn't feel in character for Russell to stay with Nate after killing the old couple, especially after Nate had played what Russ had been through like a joke.

• Kill Stephanie as Shel. Despite what she did, Steph was Shel's friend, and it was obvious by then that the truck stop wasn't safe anymore.

In Season 2 and Michonne, I could never:

• Choose Nick over Pete at the river. Nick was uninjured, had ammo, knew how to use his gun for the most part, and had been (admittedly understandably) hostile towards Clementine from the first. While Pete was injured, out of ammo, had saved Clem's life and stuck up for her since the beginning. Leaving Pete, to me, just seems ungrateful. Even when I first played Season 2, when I didn't realise Pete had been bitten, I went for him.

• Lie to Walter about Nick and Matthew. Matthew's death was genuinely the result of a misunderstanding, and I could tell how broken up Walter was about it. After everything he'd done for Clem and the cabin group, he deserved to know the truth.

• Let Alvin die at the ski lodge. What can I say? I have a soft spot for nice guys, even when being nice might get them killed.

• Do my own work in the greenhouse. Sarah was clearly suffering and needed a helping hand.

• Chop off Sarita's hand. Ever since Mr Parker, I've learned that if the virus doesn't get you first, the blood loss will.

• Not shoot walker Rebecca. In the heat of the moment, despite the standoff, there was, as far as Clem knew, only a brief chance to keep AJ from being eaten.

• Help Luke instead of covering him. Even if I was light enough to not crack the ice, that same thing meant I might not be strong enough to pull Luke out of the water.

• Let Kenny live at the end.

• Go with Jane.

• Whenever I did go with Jane, turn away the family.

• Let Pete surrender himself up to Norma. After what happened with Greg, I wasn't taking any chances.

• Go out into the hallway instead of picking up the phone. The footsteps in the hallway could have come from literally anyone or anything, while there was a slim chance of the caller being someone Michonne, or her husband, would have known. And it did.

• Not let James have a gun and not tell Alex about his father's death. Alex deserved to know the truth, and I thought there would be a chance to train James as with Clementine.

• Shoot Norma. This was equal parts anger about what had happened with Berto, and the fact that I didn't want to waste the bullet.

In Season 3, I could never:

• Let Rufus go. In my Javi's mind, letting him go would have meant the chance of letting his friends know that Javi had escaped. And the less people Javi had chasing him, the better.

• Lie for Clementine about Eli. Even though I knew Clementine (at least Season 1 and 2 Clem), Javi didn't, and I played Javi as being terrified of Clem at first and doing whatever he can to get out of the deal she forced him to make at gunpoint. Plus, I was still in the mindset of "honesty is the best policy".

• Leave with Gabe and Kate. I was fucking pissed at the New Frontier for killing Mariana, the only member of the Garcia family I sympathised with.

• Immediately shoot when Francine was being held hostage. At the time, I thought Badger and justice were on speaking terms, or that Max had more balls on him, so I thought Francine could be saved.

• Keep quiet about Mariana's death when meeting Joan and Clint. She deserved justice.

• Say goodbye to AJ. Fuck David. Seriously. I'll take any chance to piss on his hypocritical arse.

• Not kill Badger.

• Kill Max. He was more useful alive.

• Try to leave Richmond with Kate. I'd promised David to bring down Joan, and if we didn't remove the New Frontier at a threat, they were just going to keep coming for us.

• Kill Doctor Lingard. He was still a doctor and a leader, someone whom people looked up to and depended on.

• Reciprocate Kate's feelings. If she had picked Javi instead of David from the very beginning, especially considering what David was like and what he expected of her, I might have. But she didn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again - as a member of the Garcia family, I'll protect Kate like I would Gabe and Mariana, but as a love interest, she means nothing to me.

• Choose to save Ava. Even if I did know about the twist. Javi has known Tripp longer.

• Try to convince Rafael/Salvador to seek treatment for his cancer. He'd already made up his mind. Who was I to change it?

• Forgive Eleanor. Fuck her. Fuck her two-faced, hypocritical, irresponsible face. If it were up to me, I'd shoot her in the throat, lock the door and leave her to turn.

• Not fight David. Both in and out of universe, I'd always had the feeling that David would try to kill Javi at some point, and after everything I'd been through as Javi, after everything he'd said and put me through, I sure as fuck wasn't going down without a fight.

• Promise Jesus I would help leave Richmond. Seriously, who in Richmond would want Javi as a leader after everything that had happened? And I felt no connection to the settlement or to Joan's sheep.

Sorry. Rant over. Any thoughts?

Comments

• In season 1I could never leave Clem alone at the house with Omid.

• Omid could die and turn. - There was some weird dude stalking us that knew the location of the house. - Clem had already proven that she was willing to disobey Lee and sneak out of the house.
      All reasons to take her along.
      Not to mention, if the group got captured or killed at Crawford Clem would have been screwed anyway.
  • Threatening Vernon is badass tho... Lee has an awesome speech and then snatches the gun like it's nothing.

As far as choices I could never make, shooting Kenny is a huge one. I don't even like watching it on YouTube.

• Side with Larry in the drug store - Duck wasn't bitten and even if he had been, we shouldn't just throw him into the street.
    Let Ben go - the kid has good intentions, never deserved to die.

Lie to Walter about Matthew
    Chop off Sarita hand - there's no way she would be able to stay quiet and not bleed out in a herd of walkers.
    Shoot Kenny - the only times I have was to get all endings, I didn't even forgive Jane, I stayed silent, I could never forgive her for this.

Negotiate with Badger - he killed Mariana!

• The only one I literally couldn't make when it came up was leaving Sarah on my 2nd playthrough.
    I'd have to look back over the choices in order to think of more.

• Damn, I'd forgotton about the drug store choice. Adding that.

Side with Larry in the drug store - Duck wasn't bitten and even if he had been, we shouldn't just throw him into the street. Let Ben go - t

• Being with Kenny at the end of Season Two. >:)

• Leaving David in the bear trap

• edited February 2019

In Season 1 and 400 Days, I could never:

• Fight Kenny on the train. I knew where his stubborn denial was coming from, a place of hurt, and it would just be, and I can't believe I'm gonna say it, a needless display of "toxic masculinity" to try to have a knuckle brawl with him about it. Once I saw the options "this isn't about Duck" and "what happened to Shawn wasn't your fault", I just melted. I knew I always had to pick those, to talk him down.

• Give Larry any rationed food. Seriously, fuck him. I'd sooner give LILY something (because at least at that point, I could understand the stress of her position), then entertain Larry with a scrap.

• Lie to Leland about what happened with Dee. I just... couldn't. I mean come on, it's murder. I'm not a fan of hiding corpses in the proverbial or literal closet.

Season 2

• Choose Nick over Pete at the river.
      Nick was uninjured, had ammo, knew how to use his gun for the most part, and had been (admittedly understandably) hostile towards Clementine from the first. While Pete was injured, out of ammo, had saved Clem's life and stuck up for her since the beginning. Leaving Pete, to me, just seems ungrateful. Even when I first played Season 2, when I didn't realise Pete had been bitten, I went for him.

Same, except I actually did know Pete was bitten and Nick at that point was such a whiny little adult-teenager pissant, that I'd rather be with the decent guy who was bitten than the brat who wasn't.

• Lie to Walter about Nick and Matthew.
      Matthew's death was genuinely the result of a misunderstanding, and I could tell how broken up Walter was about it. After everything he'd done for Clem and the cabin group, he deserved to know the truth.

That, and not tell Walter that Nick was a good man, especially when Nick was so obviously remorseful and needed a chance to right one of his wrongs. The first step to personal growth is owning up to your mistakes and making it up to people you have hurt. I will always find that moment outside when Walter is holding the knife one of the most genuinely well-written parts of the season.

• Do my own work in the greenhouse.
      Sarah was clearly suffering and needed a helping hand.

Yeah. I'd rather be yelled out for neglecting my own work while helping someone else than for being totally selfish and leaving Sarah.

• Chop off Sarita's hand.
      Ever since Mr Parker, I've learned that if the virus doesn't get you first, the blood loss will.

So my reasons for not doing this changed a couple of times. When I initially played, my first thought was, "It won't work." Because it didn't work for Lee. But I didn't understand why it didn't work. Basically Reggie confirmed that they had the right idea with cutting the infected limb off; you just had to do it quickly. Lee wasted too much time. But then, even when I realized this, I still didn't chop the limb because it would still be a waste. This wasn't a safe place to cut it off: we're surrounded by walkers, she'll make noise by screaming, and she'd die of blood loss without a tourniquet anyway.

• Not shoot walker Rebecca.
      In the heat of the moment, despite the standoff, there was, as far as Clem knew, only a brief chance to keep AJ from being eaten.

Same. But they are so liberal with how quickly people turn. When they want tension, the person turns in a matter of minutes, even seconds, but when we need a long, drawn out sad scene, like the multiple endings of No Turning Back, curiously neither Kenny or Jane turn after their deaths. You kinda forget about that until you do a double take later. Kenny can only be shot in the head if you choose Look Away, then you shoot him afterwards after he kills Jane, but that's it. Otherwise, they should both be walkers!

• Help Luke instead of covering him.
      Even if I was light enough to not crack the ice, that same thing meant I might not be strong enough to pull Luke out of the water.

Well, I helped Luke because Bonnie had a gun to cover him so it would be kind of cowardly to just hang back. But then Bonnie betrayed us later, so now I love covering Luke and then not breaking the ice so she stays dead. (:

Here are mine:

In Season 2, I could never:

• Leave the dog.
      That little fucker is going down for biting a chunk out of my arm! And yeah, I understood it was just wild, hungry, and in animal mode, but it would be cruel to just leave it to its fate, whimpering and suffering either. Also FUCK Luke for his "you don't kill dogs" holier than thou speech when he wasn't even there.

• Join Kenny outside instead of simply giving up.
      It's so painfully obvious that Carver's not just gonna execute everybody. He wants a quiet surrender, but once Kenny goes in guns blazing, then the situation just deteriorates. Also, I feel like a coward just running off to get Kenny instead of being forced up and personal into the action. Choosing to Protect Alvin by trying to rush Carver may be up there as one of the most ballsy things Clementine has ever done for the sake of a friend.

• Let Rebecca rest instead of just leaving in the morning.
      I mean come on, there's a BLIZZARD coming. Waiting is always the suicidal option, even if in-game, there's virtually no difference in the events that transpire. Realistically, it would only make things more difficult to try to wade it out in even worse conditions, more freezing cold, higher snow, etc.

Season 3

Let Rufus go. In my Javi's mind, letting him go would have meant the chance of letting his friends know that Javi had escaped. And the less people Javi had chasing him, the better.

A no brainer for me as well. Snitches get stitches.

Lie for Clementine about Eli. Even though I knew Clementine (at least Season 1 and 2 Clem), Javi didn't, and I played Javi as being terrified of Clem at first and doing whatever he can to get out of the deal she forced him to make at gunpoint. Plus, I was still in the mindset of "honesty is the best policy".

When I played, I played with Javi's mindset so the only thing he did was shoot Conrad instead of accepting the plan and that was to protect Gabriel, not Clementine. So that meant, no, we need that van, no I'm not lying for you, no, I'm not leaving David out there because he's supposedly a "baby killer", etc.

Leave with Gabe and Kate. I was fucking pissed at the New Frontier for killing Mariana, the only member of the Garcia family I sympathised with.

Immediately shoot when Francine was being held hostage. At the time, I thought Badger and justice were on speaking terms, or that Max had more balls on him, so I thought Francine could be saved.

Keep quiet about Mariana's death when meeting Joan and Clint. She deserved justice.

Same.

Not kill Badger.

(And not overdo it too, as I love seeing his spilled brains on the floor after Javi bashes his head into pulp.)

• Kill Max.
      He was more useful alive.

Reciprocate Kate's feelings. If she had picked Javi instead of David from the very beginning, especially considering what David was like and what he expected of her, I might have. But she didn't. I've said it before and I'll say it again - as a member of the Garcia family, I'll protect Kate like I would Gabe and Mariana, but as a love interest, she means nothing to me.

I put her firmly in the friendzone because I found her monkey-branching cowardly. She needed to have an upfront conversation with her husband about how she was unhappy and she did... at MY expense. Thanks a lot, thot.

• Not fight David.
      Both in and out of universe, I'd always had the feeling that David would try to kill Javi at some point, and after everything I'd been through as Javi, after everything he'd said and put me through, I sure as fuck wasn't going down without a fight.

I did try to tell him I love him, but as soon as he pulled out that wrench, all bets were off. I wasn't about to be murdered by this asshole. It's especially bad when I didn't even make a move on Kate, yet I'm still the one who gets the bulk of his rage. Also, he hits Gabe hard when he tries to intervene, and unlike Kenny, who clearly looks at Clem with remorse when he accidentally elbows her in a similar spat, David didn't even think twice.

Here's what else I didn't do:

• Try to save Richmond instead of going back for Gabe and David.

Once again, Javi is established as putting his family's safety above everything else. Kind of like Kenny, just not as abrasive. And David was on absolute nutter. He was only gonna get Gabe hurt. So I went back for them, like a good family man.

• edited February 2019

For S1 choices i could never make are
    Side with larry at the drug store
    Not give that woman the gun (bc i would commit suicide when im bit)
    Spare Danny and Andy
    Not steal (Bc it doesnt matter anyways)
    Not save Omid (his legs broken why wouldnt i)
    For S2 the choices i could never make are
    Sneak away even though it doesnt matter
    Leave the dog
    Go with nick
    Lie to Walter and get nick killed (Even though i did lie but i dont wanna change it bc im too lazy to do so)
    Surrender just to help some Hispanic dude
    Restrain Sarita
    Go with Sarita
    Chop off Saritas Arm (Same reason as lying to Walter
    Go to cover
    Try to save Luke
    Ask to leave
    Shoot Kenny (bc ive known him for 2 (3 if you went with kenny as your ending)
    In S3 the choices i couldn't make are
    Stay on the road (bc i couldn't disappoint Mariana)
    Tie Jesus up
    Not capitulate to Max Demands
    Edit: Let david in
    Edit 2:Not share Kates feeling (unless i get slapped)
    Shoot Joan
    Show love to David ( bc how he treats me)
    I had a hard time thinking for S3 because there are lots of choices i could do since this game is a pile of crap

• edited February 2019

Helping Kenny kill Larry in S1,everytime i play the first season i just can't do that,it doesn't feel right it's really fucked up.

Letting Kenny kill Jane in S2,i've only done it once in my second playthrough just to see the Wellington ending.

Everytime i replay Season 2 i shoot Kenny i think it's a fitting ending for him,i also remember a S2 writer who compared that ending to Sam's death you're just putting him out of its misery,it's really tragic i love it.

And then there's all the edgy/scumbag choices that i've never done for good reasons and i honestly think these choices should not even exist in the first place it's really dumb.

• I think the only reason edgy/scum bag choices exist is to give players more variety. I make all the noble choices but my friend picks all the asshole options.

iFoRias posted: »

Helping Kenny kill Larry in S1,everytime i play the first season i just can't do that,it doesn't feel right it's really fucked up. Lettin

• edited February 2019

Yeah but most of them just sucks,i love threatening Vernon with the gun in S1 i think this one is cool but then there's other choices like calling Lilly a bitch in The Final Season or killing that walker James wants you to distract in EP2

they're just stupid edgy choices for these Scumbag youtube videos and some of them don't really make a lot of sense and can feel out of character that's why i don't like them.

I think the only reason edgy/scum bag choices exist is to give players more variety. I make all the noble choices but my friend picks all the asshole options.

• Understandable. Most are pointless but I just fucking love being mean to Gabe. I can't be nice to him even if I try.

iFoRias posted: »

Yeah but most of them just sucks,i love threatening Vernon with the gun in S1 i think this one is cool but then there's other choices like c

• Helping Kenny kill Larry, Kill Kenny and save Violet.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.