Walking dead timeline spoilers

Now correct me if I'm wrong but is this timeline using comic book timeline pre outbreak lee convicted of murder late 2002 in spring 2003 lee transfers to I assume a maximum security prison on day 0.
spring to autumn when season 1 takes place. so 9 months after season 1 Omid dies and Christa looses her unborn baby so that takes us into 2004 so season 2 takes place 16 months after season 1 so that takes us in to the year 2006 so season 3 a new frontier a three year time jump would make it 2009. so now on to the final season it's which it's timeline has passed the comic book timeline I would put this game in the year 2012 or 2013 not sure which one to choose

Comments

• You are pretty much correct about season 1 and 2 and those two games fall in line with the comic pretty well (I think season 1 and 2 were somewhat planned from the start but everything after they have been making up as they go). Season 2 ends right around the same time as the Negan War was going on and the Negan War would have been going on in the comic when season 1 was just coming out.

Season 3 is intended to take place during the timeskip of the comics (between issues 126 and 127). Clementine is about two years or so older in season 3 than she was in season 2 and that would have coincided with when the timeskip was going on (no official length of time has been given to the timeskip (the two year length said by the editor was never official and the comic kind of contradicts the idea that it only lasted two years (in my book it lasted two and half years)). So season 3 would have only taken place about four years into the apocalypse which if we start the clock in 2003 than season 3 takes place sometime in 2007 (not 2009).

Season 4 is really all totally up in the air and I'm not even sure Telltale was paying attention to how much time had passed inbetween season 3 and 4. Clementine is a few years older but rather she is 16 or 17 I think is totally up to the players opinion as nothing solid states it one way or the other. AJ could either be 5 or 6 if Clem is 16 or 17 and I think either age would suit him just fine (just like both 16 or 17 would suit Clem).

So if season 4 takes place three years after season 3 than it would be taking place in 2010. If it takes place 4 years after it would be taking place in 2011.

As of right now in the comic (issue 188 releases this week) they would be roughly five to five and half years into the apocalypse (in my book 9 months have passed since issue 127) it would be very late 2008 or very early 2009. They are all wearing winter clothing right now in the comic and when Magna's group was first introduced they were wearing summer clothing with Magna and Andrea sporting their shorts and sleeveless shirts.

• The ages of the other kids in the game is what irritates me more than anything and that is where I feel TFS seems poorly planned out. I think the creators were putting all their focus on Clem and AJ and all the other kids stories were a complete after thought. This game would fit better in the timeline if it took place in the very beginning of the apocalypse and not seven to nine years in.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.