Chapter 188 discussion thread (spoilers)

Hey all! It’s Walking Dead day! Did you guys like the new chapter? Why/Why not? Favourite parts? Predictions for next month? Discuss it all here!

Comments

• edited February 2019

Personally I loved Mercer telling off Pamela, and Carl giving a pep talk to Princess.

Those were probably the highlights of the chapter for me.

As for the dislikes, I know in a series like this conflict is a necessity but a third war already? Seems like the whisper war just ended.

Also, Hershel just looked like a stubby legged Maggie in that first panel lmao

• edited February 2019

I wanted to make a thread like this but i wasn't sure if anyone cared,i made one for Issue 186 and no one posted on it lol

Anyway,yeah i liked it i thought Jesus was gonna die that scared me but Carl saved him,i'm also glad Laura appeared and didn't just fade away in the background after Dwight's death.

It seems that there's going to be some sort of civil war in The Commonwealth,after Mercer turned on The Governor/Pamela things aren't looking too good we'll see what happens,overall it was a pretty good issue i liked it.

• Does anyone wonder how many years will Kirkman continue with this comic.... The game will finish, the show won't last more than 5 years and eventually twd will have less population but the comics won't be even close to finish....will Kirkman even be alive to finish it at this slow pace ?

• He keeps sayiny that the comic is supposed to end at issue 300. If that’s true, we’re almost 2/3rds of the way through the series.

Does anyone wonder how many years will Kirkman continue with this comic.... The game will finish, the show won't last more than 5 years and

• I’m really interested to see where Negan went. Whenever he pops back into the story, he’s gonna make a huge impact again.

• edited February 2019

He wants to do 300 issues and maybe more i think,honestly i don't care the comics are pretty good and he's saying he'll keep going as long as he's having fun,
    it's not his fault the show and the games fucked up and people lost interest,
    i never lost interest in the comics they've always been good imo.

Does anyone wonder how many years will Kirkman continue with this comic.... The game will finish, the show won't last more than 5 years and

• edited February 2019

Nah, the show won't go anywhere anytime soon. The hard drop in viewership is something many if not all cable-tv shows experience after such a long run. The viewership will stabilize itself with the coming seasons.

The Walking Dead is AMC's flagship. They have no interest in losing it.

• edited February 2019

No it's already fading away people are starting to lose interest right now they're lucky because of the whisperers and how interesting they are but will they fuck up that storyline like they fucked up All Out War ?

Will they be able to adapt the complex Commonwealth storyline into the
    show?

And let's not forget that they lost Rick AND Carl,this was supposed to be Rick/Carl's story now it's..whatever this is.

Actors are leaving,Michonne might not return they're doing a Maggie spin-off no one asked/wants,they're trying to milk this fucking cow as much as they can,this isn't gonna last.

GSSalvador posted: »

Nah, the show won't go anywhere anytime soon. The hard drop in viewership is something many if not all cable-tv shows experience after such

• As I said, this isn't unusual in the industry. The viewership is also not as important as it used to be. Those numbers are from live-viewing and this is frankly not really the main way to watch a show anymore. There are a lot of factors involved. TWD isn't going anywhere.

iFoRias posted: »

No it's already fading away people are starting to lose interest right now they're lucky because of the whisperers and how interesting they

• edited February 2019

Well then that's what you think,i honestly can't see this show last more than 5 years they need to plan an ending already before it's too late.

GSSalvador posted: »

As I said, this isn't unusual in the industry. The viewership is also not as important as it used to be. Those numbers are from live-viewing

• I don't think it will last that long either. The focus, however, will slowly drift away from the main show and onto other TWD-projects. I'd say the whisperer-arc will be the penultimate big arc of the show with the final arc being something completely original to the show. The Commonwealth will be the focus of the movies and there might be some big crossover event to connect it all together that'll serve as a finale of the main show.

But that'll be years from now and there will be several new spin-offs out there by then. They've clearly made their first steps into turning The Walking Dead into some sort of MCU-like franchise.

Well then that's what you think,i honestly can't see this show last more than 5 years they need to plan an ending already before it's too late.

• Enjoyed this issue. Main point of it seemed to be to establish Carl as a future leader.

Anyways yeah the comic is easily the best Walking Dead media going right now. I think it will last for a good 15 more years. It will take it about ten more years to get to issue 300 and wouldn't be surprised if it lasts a few years longer than that. It is the only comic Kirkman has that sells extremely well so if he ended it he would be giving up a good chunk of his monthly paycheck.

• My guess is (or hope) is that they tie up the last movie of Rick to find his gang agian and in the last episode of the show he finds whatever is left of the cast and call it a day....that's the best case scenario ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.