Did you regret saving Violet afterall?

To the ones who saved Violet:

When you realized in Episode 3, Louis got his tongue cut out, did you instantly regret your decision or maybe later? Give me your thoughts in the comments!

Comments

• I know this doubly isn't for me, but I'll go ahead and comment:
    Before Broken Toys came out, Violet getting captured just seemed like the right way for the story to go for a couple of reasons.
    Once the episode came out, however, I will say there was a brief moment of flickering when they did that unorthodox introduction in the forest.
    But overall, yeeeah, I was right because it is indeed the better choice, if for a wrong reason or two.

• Definitely team Violet over team Louis, but I have to admit she’s a bit of a pouty bitch if you let her get captured in E2. Seemed somewhat out of character, and out of order considering you came to rescue her almost immediately.

• I don't regret saving Violet at all... her route is way better and feels canon imho. Also Louis getting his tongue cut out is a horrifying but interesting development, I can't wait to see where his character goes from here.

• Well it's overall a better choice if we look at the consequences... but still - we don't know how much Violet's mind was harmed during her stay there.

Violet can probably manage to get some sense again while Louis' tongue won't magically grow back.

DabigRG posted: »

I know this doubly isn't for me, but I'll go ahead and comment: Before Broken Toys came out, Violet getting captured just seemed like the r

• Well I think that there isn't such thing as "canon timeline" in Telltale's games...

I don't regret saving Violet at all... her route is way better and feels canon imho. Also Louis getting his tongue cut out is a horrifying but interesting development, I can't wait to see where his character goes from here.

• Nope never liked Louis

• edited February 2019

Obviously it isn't actually canon, I'm saying that her route FEELS canon and more organic/natural for the story

MaikelRR_ posted: »

Well I think that there isn't such thing as "canon timeline" in Telltale's games...

• edited February 2019

Violet is pissed because she had your back for two episodes and you didn't have hers.
    She defends you against Marlon in ep. 1 and she defends you against Louis, Mitch, and the others in ep.2 and she saves you from Lilly once. Twice depending on your choice of Romance. If you had a friends back so many times and they didn't have yours even once; wouldn't you be a little mad too?

• I was shocked but no, I didn't.

• I think that "being a little mad" isn't equal to betraying her friends.

Violet is pissed because she had your back for two episodes and you didn't have hers. She defends you against Marlon in ep. 1 and she defen

• But why?

Obviously it isn't actually canon, I'm saying that her route FEELS canon and more organic/natural for the story

• edited February 2019

i am defeated
    u win

I think that "being a little mad" isn't equal to betraying her friends.

• No because I have not played the game; although both characters are irrelevant.

• I mean, that's the wrong reason I was alluding to, but you're right.

Well it's overall a better choice if we look at the consequences... but still - we don't know how much Violet's mind was harmed during her s

• No because I have not played the game

I mean, I haven't either, but I keep track.

No because I have not played the game; although both characters are irrelevant.

• Overreaction at first, sure. But she did say that Lilly would kill her friends if she fought back. Violet trusted Clem and she crushed it. We've all been there; it's not a good feeling.

I think that "being a little mad" isn't equal to betraying her friends.

• I don't want to start this kind of debate again, but c'mon. They all were fighting The Raiders. They all knew that they could get killed, but they saw being free more valuable than living so that's why they stayed at that school and that's why they were ready to fight. Violet suddenly changing her point of view when they all were about to get enslaved was just a little too much to understand. Because trust me - I knew she would be mad at me. I would completely understand and wouldn't mind it that much, but her betraying us? It's not an action that can be excused so easily and that can be forgotten so easily.

Overreaction at first, sure. But she did say that Lilly would kill her friends if she fought back. Violet trusted Clem and she crushed it. We've all been there; it's not a good feeling.

• how?

• Violet's route is darker and more serious in some ways, which is how the series is supposed to be. Louis losing his tongue was one of the top 3 most disturbing/memorable things to happen in the whole series. Also Violet ties into the missing twins subplot well and always has Clem's back; I think it is natural for Clem to gravitate towards Violet as opposed to Louis who changes his mind about her a few times. Also from Clem's character perspective she grew up around guys and I can see her naturally forming an intense bond with a girl who is around her age and who she can relate to.

Violet's route just makes the most sense and feels like it had a little extra care and attention given to it. I feel like I can take her character a lot more seriously than Louis' and I like the overall vibe of her relationship route way more.

FORTLEE posted: »

how?

• edited February 2019

I think it is natural for Clem to gravitate towards Violet as opposed to Louis who changes his mind about her a few times. Also from Clem's character perspective she grew up around guys and I can see her naturally forming an intense bond with a girl who is around her age and who she can relate to.

Violet's route just makes the most sense and feels like it had a little extra care and attention given to it. I feel like I can take her character a lot more seriously than Louis' and I like the overall vibe of her relationship route way more.

Violet can tie to that subplot even if she was taken. I would even say that in Louis' route, the subplot between Group, Minerva and Violet is going to be far more interesting than in Violet's route.

And I don't think that what you said about Louis changing his mind is true. At least not a few times like you stated. He had a solid reason to be angry at her, but overall it was seen that he still cared about her throughout the whole time.

The game should make you like two characters with one of them being liked more though. That's how it is supposed to be at least. That being said, I don't really think that making Louis look like a random kid and Violet as her soulmate is a proper thing to do. I mean that's how I understood what you tried to say in your response.

• Violet's route is darker and more serious in some ways, which is how the series is supposed to be.

Sigh....

Violet's route feels like it had a little extra care and attention given to it.

Not trying to sound [insert adjective] here, but I think that's because compared Louis, they hadn't really done too much with her story/character-wise dramatically speaking. Most of it was background information and a couple of sidenotes & moments before, whereas all Louis was really lacking at that point was a proper backstory.
    That applies to the Louis route as well, where what happens to Violet is a significant development that not only fits better with what the Deltas are about, but finally has a considerable conflict arise with her.

Ultimately, though, it's up to how the story eventually plays out and what each person feels about how it can play out.

@MaikelRR_ Violet can tie to that subplot even if she was taken. I would even say that in Louis' route, the subplot between Group, Minerva and Violet is going to be far more interesting than in Violet's route.

I'm somewhat inclined to agree.

The game should make you like two characters with one of them being liked more though.

Oh, but no Maikel, there has to be an obvious superior between two character in order for investing in the game to feel right.
    I agree, but I also that's really crooked coming from people like you.

Violet's route is darker and more serious in some ways, which is how the series is supposed to be. Louis losing his tongue was one of the t

• edited February 2019

I meant that it should be done the way that "Kenny - Luke" was made. It was difficult to choose the person to side with where in TFS half of people easily choose Violet and half of people easily choose Louis due to romances.

DabigRG posted: »

Violet's route is darker and more serious in some ways, which is how the series is supposed to be. Sigh.... Violet's route fe

• How do you know that wasn't a factor?Fair enough, I guess?

I meant that it should be done the way that "Kenny - Luke" was made. It was difficult to choose the person to side with where in TFS half of people easily choose Violet and half of people easily choose Louis due to romances.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.