Is Omar a waste of a character and a voice actor?

He barely had any dialogue, why did they even include him into the cast if they weren't going to use his character?

Comments

• No, Sullene is.

But seriously speaking here, Omar is apparently one of the few extra character models that were created before the budget became a concern and they decided to keep him around. They also clearly had something resembling a plan for him, hence him getting kidnapped alongside Aasim and Violet/Louis amongst other things, but again, his role was probably not meant to be overly big.
    It's also worth noting that he, Ruby, Wily, and possibly Aasim were planned to be in the hub area getting ready for when the Deltas attacked, but they were left out of the final product.

• Willy and Aasim show up arguing about what trap to use in the main building after you speak to Violet, so technically they were involved in the Delta prep. Even Ruby will make a brief appearance during the card game (if you dare Aasim to kiss her)...so really, Omar is the only one who seemed totally absent.

Maybe his big moment is coming in Episode 4?

DabigRG posted: »

No, Sullene is. But seriously speaking here, Omar is apparently one of the few extra character models that were created before the budget

• If Lilly died, Sullene is next up to lead the Delta people...

DabigRG posted: »

No, Sullene is. But seriously speaking here, Omar is apparently one of the few extra character models that were created before the budget

• Perhaps.

If Lilly died, Sullene is next up to lead the Delta people...

I was about to say, did you reply to me twice?
    I guess you're technically right.

In both cases, they've got a 2 hour timeslot to honor.

Pahn711 posted: »

Willy and Aasim show up arguing about what trap to use in the main building after you speak to Violet, so technically they were involved in

• You basically answered your question, Josh. ?

• inb4 Omar is the only supporting cast to die in episode 4 and for some reason we are expected to care lmao

• I mean yeah he doesn’t have much to do, but in my opinion, I don’t really care that much. Every game needs background NPCs. Not everyone is gonna know everything about everyone. Clem just never got close to Omar. Same with the Delta guys. They’re not given development so we have time to develop the characters that actually matter. (That being said, we could have gotten a bit more from Lilly)

• Yes. He didn't even ask us whether we get to the Cloud district very often. :(

• It would make for a pretty badass long-shot of him just standing alone, the wreckage before him. To this day, Omar is alone with only his apple and his superior intellect.

Poogers555 posted: »

inb4 Omar is the only supporting cast to die in episode 4 and for some reason we are expected to care lmao

• Yeah but the cast size is still at a point where you can't really have those background NPCs. This isn't Richmond. The plot becomes a lot more shallow without these realised characters. There needs to be a lot of interesting character and a reason to care for these people. If you love S1 and S2 because of the human emotions/character and the feels and the ability to connect with those favourite characters, you probably won't like TFS. Sure, Louis is a cinnamon roll and he is a lot more realistic than the rest of the cast, but when the plot becomes 'let's save 2 side characters and a romantic interest!' ePic story kids vs adults!' it definitely becomes more concerning that maybe this cast could've been stronger as a whole, and side characters defnitely help with achieving that goal. Just my opinion tho

I mean yeah he doesn’t have much to do, but in my opinion, I don’t really care that much. Every game needs background NPCs. Not everyone is

Sign in to comment in this discussion.