"Bounty" Episode Discussion

Alpha! Southern accent! Punk rock! Danger!

Comment before, while, and after you watch.

Comments

• Jesus has come again, hallelujah.

• Ezekiel is so gonna die

• Are they seriously putting all the teenage girls and Henry in the same scene?

• Enid is supposed to be around 10 years older than Henry but they look the same age

• Why didn't Hilltop shoot the Whisperers after the baby was in the cornfield? P.s Beta sounds cool

• And it was in the 3rd episode after his death. Our Lord has risen.

Jesus has come again, hallelujah.

• Goddamn I fucking love Jerry, this guy deserves the world. We all need more episodes with Jerry in them, that’s something I think we can all agree on.

• They made his scenes so happy, and he's going to be a father soon... All this makes me worry more that he's going to die. When anyone gets this happy in the walking it usually means they don't have much longer to live.

Goddamn I fucking love Jerry, this guy deserves the world. We all need more episodes with Jerry in them, that’s something I think we can all agree on.

• In 9x10 I thought that Alpha' actress sucks, but now I see that she is excellent. Her acting was so on point. By looking at 9x12 promos I already see that Beta will be even better. The whole episode was great. Henry is stupid, but it's natural that we have a stupid teenager. And Tara should just step aside and make room for Daryl.

• Either him or Ezekiel will end up on a spike. Maybe even both of them to connect Michonne, Carol and Daryl's stories into one big one.

They made his scenes so happy, and he's going to be a father soon... All this makes me worry more that he's going to die. When anyone gets this happy in the walking it usually means they don't have much longer to live.

• edited February 2019

Tfw this episode is setting up Ezekiel, Jerry, and maybe even Carol to make their appareances on the pikes

• kingdom stuff bad
    episode ok but nothing much
    henry ok
    alpha good

beta where??????

• I miss Rick.........

• It'd be cool to see Carol die. The Whisperer war would leave a long lasting impression if Carol dies. All-Out-War left a lasting impression, but not because Glenn and Abe died, but because it was so damn bad. Like where are these fuckers getting all these bullets? How does the .50 cal not destroy Rick's jeep or even crack the windshield. How does a Tiger get killed by a handful of Walkers? Their rotting fingers wouldn't be able to tear through a Tiger's pelt without being killed by said Tiger. Rant over.

Melton23 posted: »

Tfw this episode is setting up Ezekiel, Jerry, and maybe even Carol to make their appareances on the pikes

• edited February 2019

The short answer to all of that is it’s a work of fiction, nothing in the entertainment industry is supposed to hold any sort of ounce of realism, unless it’s a work of non-fiction, due to the simple fact that the large majority of people watch movies, tv shows and play video games to escape from reality. How do people come back from the dead? I don’t see that happening much irl either.

It'd be cool to see Carol die. The Whisperer war would leave a long lasting impression if Carol dies. All-Out-War left a lasting impression,

• I understand the escape from reality. But TWD is set in the real world. Physics and all that haven't changed. Just because there are zombies shouldn't mean .50 rounds bounce off glass

Melton23 posted: »

The short answer to all of that is it’s a work of fiction, nothing in the entertainment industry is supposed to hold any sort of ounce of re

• It may be set in the real world, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that it’s fake and should break as many creative boundaries as possible to make a more compelling experience for the viewer, rather than having us sit in the generic soap opera where we have characters exchanging dialogue with as much realism as humanly possible. This is probably a matter of personal preference but I honestly think it’s better if we have as little amount of realism as possible for a better experience.

Just a small example in red dead redemption 2 (no spoilers, unless you coun’t small mission mentions at the start of the game as spoilers)

That game is supposed to be set in our world, with real life cities being mentioned etc, aside from the 5 fictional states, but there is a mission where you go into town and get absolutely shitfaced with one of the other gang members, and when you make your way up to the staircase to speak with him, different scenes transition in the exact same location, but different beer bottles are being drank from each time the scene changes, implying they would have bought a new drink, then walked all the way back up to the exact same place over and over and over, but tbf that doesn’t make much sense, but people overlooked it because it was an engaging and frankly hilarious mission.

Escaping from the spoiler-ish territory, although staying focused on the same subject, you can reload bullets at super human speed, yet nobody cares because it creates a better experience for the player, having realistic boundaries broken in places where they need to be.

I understand the escape from reality. But TWD is set in the real world. Physics and all that haven't changed. Just because there are zombies shouldn't mean .50 rounds bounce off glass

• The cornfield scene was gripping.

• Just to clarify please, why did Connie follow Daryl?

• I thought that too. Weird. Guess her and the old guy have a new baby. Good for them I guess

Just to clarify please, why did Connie follow Daryl?

• I am talking about the deaf actress; not the couple who lost their son at the beginning of the series.

I thought that too. Weird. Guess her and the old guy have a new baby. Good for them I guess

• Sorry. Misread your previous comment. She knows Daryl is a part of hilltop plus he saved her, so it'd make sense for her to follow him

I am talking about the deaf actress; not the couple who lost their son at the beginning of the series.

• Okay, thank you.

Sorry. Misread your previous comment. She knows Daryl is a part of hilltop plus he saved her, so it'd make sense for her to follow him

• Plus according to the note she shows Daryl she's also not comfortable with sending Lydia back, like Henry.

Sorry. Misread your previous comment. She knows Daryl is a part of hilltop plus he saved her, so it'd make sense for her to follow him

• edited February 2019

After watching this episode i definitely share the same feeling i miss Rick a LOT,seeing Rick confront Alpha would've been amazing.

This episode was pretty boring to me i didn't care for the most part about the Kingdom stuff,the scene where Enid convince Henry to give Lydia back to Alpha was pathetic i don't know if it's because of the writing or the actors maybe both.

Overall the whisperers are interesting but i don't know how long they can keep this up more actors are leaving and people will eventually lose interest in the show.

You know this might be a good time for them to fucking end Fear The Walking Shit,and bring back Morgan and some other characters like Alycia Daniel on the main show,but AMC doesn't care what fans think so they'll keep milking these shows until everyone leaves and people stop watching.

I miss Rick.........

• Kang is far superior than Gimple any day of the week though.

iFoRias posted: »

After watching this episode i definitely share the same feeling i miss Rick a LOT,seeing Rick confront Alpha would've been amazing. This

• Yeah definitely.

Kang is far superior than Gimple any day of the week though.

• oh yes the enid and henry scene was painful to watch lol

After watching this episode i definitely share the same feeling i miss Rick a LOT,seeing Rick confront Alpha would've been amazing. This

• Looks like Henry is going to kick off the Whisperer War. And all because he wants to bang Lydia. That's the only reason Henry pursues Lydia and if his presence starts the War I'm going to fucking cringe. How fucking dumb would that be?

Hersani posted: »

oh yes the enid and henry scene was painful to watch lol

• Yeah, I like Lydia, but she's no Helen of Troy.

Looks like Henry is going to kick off the Whisperer War. And all because he wants to bang Lydia. That's the only reason Henry pursues Lydia and if his presence starts the War I'm going to fucking cringe. How fucking dumb would that be?

• If she's anything like the comics during the war; she'll be a great character for the show. She's way too badass for fuckboy Henry

Onmens posted: »

Yeah, I like Lydia, but she's no Helen of Troy.

• edited March 2019

And all because he wants to bang Lydia. That's the only reason Henry pursues Lydia and if his presence starts the War I'm going to fucking cringe. How fucking dumb would that be?

Well i mean if i remember correctly that's pretty much what happens with Carl in the comics,that's why i was hoping they do something different with Lydia because Carl starting a war because he's into Lydia was really stupid and it looks like they're doing the same thing in the show.

Looks like Henry is going to kick off the Whisperer War. And all because he wants to bang Lydia. That's the only reason Henry pursues Lydia and if his presence starts the War I'm going to fucking cringe. How fucking dumb would that be?

• It'd be worth it if Henry dies

And all because he wants to bang Lydia. That's the only reason Henry pursues Lydia and if his presence starts the War I'm going to fucking c

• Thats why time jumps in tv shows/films don’t work. They could have made Enid look older though, no effort was made into it.

Enid is supposed to be around 10 years older than Henry but they look the same age

• Maybe a different hair cut a few scars would convince me. But she looks the same as her S6 appearance(back when she was somewhat interesting.) Her Alden thing is weird too. He was an adult in S8 and she was still a teenager. And now they're together. Where's Chris Hansen when you need him? ?

Thats why time jumps in tv shows/films don’t work. They could have made Enid look older though, no effort was made into it.

• Yeah the relationship thing is weird.

Maybe a different hair cut a few scars would convince me. But she looks the same as her S6 appearance(back when she was somewhat interesting

• edited March 2019

Ok this show is actually pretty good now, but Omg Henry is the biggest mistake of this season by far, what a joke of a character. I swear Daryl was made for this arc, can’t wait to see more of him this season.

Edit: shit, just noticed this is the wrong discussion thread...

• Is there a thread talking about how much a fucking idiot Henry is? Cause that wouldn't surprise me

Ok this show is actually pretty good now, but Omg Henry is the biggest mistake of this season by far, what a joke of a character. I swear Da

• There should be, if he really ends up being the whole reason the whisperer war started I’m making one.

Is there a thread talking about how much a fucking idiot Henry is? Cause that wouldn't surprise me

Sign in to comment in this discussion.