What TellTale Game Do You Regret Playing?

What TT game have you played/watched that you didn't like? For me, I'd say ANF(go figure.) Mainly becuase of the bland characters and the art design. Seriously, the Walkers and people in Richmond looked like shit. I think Melissa Hutchinson is a great voice actor, but she sounded half asleep when voicing Clem. Her only good scenes were Kenny's death I suppose. I would've chosen Michonne but Randal sold that series. He was a pretty good villian and stole every scene he was in. I think TFS would've done a bit better if Randal was the main antagonist.
List a TT game that you regretted buying/watching and give your strongest reason why.

Comments

• Definitely Minecraft Story Mode. Playing it as a fan of Minecraft made it so disappointing because of how unrelated MCSM was to its source material. And the dialogue was cringy as all hell.

Other then that I’d say I don’t regret playing every other Telltale game, yea ANF and Michonne were lackluster but I’m still glad I played them. A lot of their more hated games I actually enjoyed a lot, GOT in particular got a lot of slack but I personally loved it. Sucks that we’ll never get the sequel to that cliffhanger ending.

• Minecraft Story Mode, ANF, and Michonne.

Minecraft season 1 was ok, but it wasnt anything fantastic and kinda started showing Telltale would start going down hill. Michonne was terrible and ANF somehow was even worst.

• I don’t think I ever regret playing any of their games , even if I give it a bad rating I’ll try and look at the positive out of everything.

• Most of the Walking Dead?

• TWAU, it's so boring imo

• edited February 2019
    • Minecraft Story Mode
      It was an enjoyable experience but didn't do anything to improve that Telltale had the magic to make greatness out of any licensed franchises. And it was milked so hard only because Telltale bought too many expensive licenses and they needed money out of it.

• TWD Michonne
      Trash. Terrible characters with little story and too much action. This is NOT how you tell a story of a character who has been missing for a few issues in the comic book.

• TWD A New Frontier
      Most overhyped, disappointing, generic garbage I've ever fallen for. This is the main reason Telltale walked away in the first place. It's easily the worst Telltale game of all time.

• Game of Thrones
      Not a fan of the show but I did enjoy some moments out of this game. The worst thing about it is that it was released at the wrong time. They never should have released it if they planned to release Season 2 of it just after the finale of the show. Season 1 ended with a cliffhanger and now there will never be a continuation since the studio was shut down unless HBO has interest for it.

• Guardians of the Galaxy
      The most boring Telltale game ever made. Why does it exist? Watched all the episodes on youtube and didn't do shit to get my attention. What a waste of money. No wonder the sales were horrible. Why did you make this instead of Wolf 2?

• Game of Thrones Season 2 was canned from the start and we all kinda know it. Telltale just ignored the fact they announced it for years until they finally said some bs of "after the show ends."

Its pretty obvious HBO just said no after it sold not super well and got mediocre reviews.

AronDracula posted: »

* Minecraft Story Mode It was an enjoyable experience but didn't do anything to improve that Telltale had the magic to make greatness out o

• The final season: poorly written characters and narrative that come across as fan-fiction. It is a gimmick of ‘Life is Strange’. To me, Michonne and ‘A New Frontier’ are one thousand times better despite their criticism.

• Definitely Minecraft: Story Mode. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but it certainly wasn't worth the money I spent on the base game and the 3 extra episodes. Couldn't even bring myself to play Season 2, it just didn't win me over enough.

Guardians I wouldn't say I regret, but God do I find it forgettable. In ways, that's worse than being bad, at least then, you'd remember how bad it was. But with GOTG, it's so bland and plain that nothing ever sticks with you. I'd remember trying to recap the events of the episode in my mind immediately after it ended, trying to think of the episode's highs and lows, and having difficulty. It was just so average that anything that happens in it fades away as quickly as it came about.

And as much as it pains me to say it, ANF I definitely regret. It's irredeemable, which sucks because I know talented people worked on it, but it was plagued by meddling executives and numerous other development problems. Forcing Clem into the game is an insult to her character, even if her flashbacks were the best part of any episode. To use her as a marketing gimmick like that, and then barely do anything with her, other than force a shit love interest onto her, was a slap in the face to the fans. You want my full thoughts, watch my ANF series on my YouTube channel, but not only do I regret playing it, it's regrettable that it exists at all.

• The only thing I remember from GOTG was a scene where Rocket says to meet him in the engine room because he needs to tell you something in private and then you go to the engine room and he doesnt understand why youre trying to talk to him lmao

Definitely Minecraft: Story Mode. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but it certainly wasn't worth the money I spent on the base game and th

• edited February 2019

No wonder they also didn't bother making a sequel to Back to the Future. After the credits, it says "To Be Continued...". Never was, never will be. Even the creator of the movies has no interest, he wants his franchise to stay untouchable. God knows if he still considers the game canon or not.

Poogers555 posted: »

Game of Thrones Season 2 was canned from the start and we all kinda know it. Telltale just ignored the fact they announced it for years unti

• None

I'm not a fan of GoT or TWAU but I don't regret playing them. It was a good experience, just their worst games.

• GOTG definitely

• edited February 2019

Game of Thrones (I don't think it's a bad game. I'm just not that into the Franchise in General.)

• edited February 2019

i regret playing the first 2 episodes of ANF because oh boy they really sucked ass.

And i watched the other bad/mediocre telltale games on Youtube (GOTG,Minecraft Story Mode S2).

I enjoyed pretty much all the other ones i played though yes even TWD Michonne and Game of thrones who ended on a fucking cliffhanger that will never be resolved :kensad:

• I only played The Walking Dead series and Tales from The Borderlands.

Out of these I regret playing A New Frontier.

• I don't regret playing any of the Telltale games. All of them for me were alright, except for the ones who were my favorite died. Still don't regret playing the games.

• edited February 2019

Jurassic Park was complete ass and not worth the money.

• Deaths were kinda cool though, that's about it

ralo229 posted: »

Jurassic Park was complete ass and not worth the money.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.