Walking Dead: The Most Satisfying "Bad" Choices You've Made in Each Game

400 Days

• Killing the blindfolded man. Basically, I've got a snitches get stitches mentality. I also think it's a good example of choice with both negative and positive consequences. Because killing him does let Boyd survive, because he did end up snitching if you let them escape.

• Shooting Justin in the foot. Apparently this is the "wrong" choice because Danny is a rapist or something like that? ("you probably ruined that poor girl's life you piece of shit") But plainly speaking, Danny was the more proactive one. Justin seemed slimy and cowardly. Unreliable. He wouldn't even be honest on the stand, whereas Danny said "that's the kind of shit I could never do".

• Making Eddie go outside the car. The first time it was me, simply because I chose to play rock-paper-scissors with him and lost. But then I thought "Fuck that. I'm throwing Eddie under the bus!" and the second time, flat out forced him to go since it was his idea in the first place. Kinda shitty, but kinda satisfying too.

Season Two

• Snubbing Luke by continuing to eat instead of giving him a response about the scar. It forces him to apologize which I think makes it worth it.

• Blackmailing Rebecca. Always. I know she was raped, making that baby conversation awkward in retrospect, but she still went overboard on Clem and deserved a little dirt in her eye.

• Being super rude to Carver when he barges into the cabin.

• Telling Carver you wished Kenny had killed him before at the ski lodge. Ballsy stuff.

• Blaming Bonnie for what happened to Walter (and determinately Alvin) because again, I think she deserves to feel some guilt.

• Watching Kenny beat Carver to death with a crowbar.

• Not breaking the ice when Luke and Bonnie fall in. Bye Bonnie! Forever!

New Frontier

• Telling David to fuck off when he says "I love you, little brother." You don't get to say that after punching me in the face asshole.

• Shooting Rufus. Snitches get stitches.

• I went back and forth on this but, letting Clementine take the heat for shooting the dealer guy. She was the one who escalated things and she was the one who pulled the trigger so she has to feel the consequences without someone to buy her out of trouble just on star power.

• Opening fire instead of surrendering when Francine is held hostage. Might as well go out guns blazing.

• Blurting out what happened to Mariana in front of Joan.

• Shooting Joan

• Shooting Conrad. Don't fuck with my nephew, asshole.

• Smashing all those home runs at the batter practice and rubbing it in David's face.

• Making the baseball worthless by writing "NOT FOR RESALE" in bold letters to the kid. Javi's response is also golden. "Want some money? Get a job."

• Fighting David

Final Season

• Burping at the dinner table.

• Snubbing Violet by turning her "who do you think's gonna die first" question back around. Tell her you think it's her. "You asked a morbid question. There's your morbid answer."

• Push Abel into the walkers.

• Let AJ keep the gun. Not going outside the walls without protection. Louis was being extra there.

• "Which twin are you going to be, the loyal one, or the dead one?" "I'll be the one who sneaks in your room at night and cuts your throat while you sleep!"

• DO IT AJ! (shooting Lily)

Comments

• Actually saying this back to Violet wasn't "bad". It was a proper answer to an unproper question.

• I always talked back to Rebecca in All That Remains. Not only did she kind of deserve it for being needlessly antagonistic to Clementine, it also added a nice bit of tension to the scene and it was really satisfying seeing Clementine gain the upper hand.

• edited March 2019

Did your Clem reconcile with Rebecca later on? I feel like it's a nice little subplot to see them go from enemies to eventual friends. The bond they end up having before she died was sweet. Also i think it's better for Clem's mental state to have her lasting impression of AJ's biological mother to not be that of a woman she had beef with.

ralo229 posted: »

I always talked back to Rebecca in All That Remains. Not only did she kind of deserve it for being needlessly antagonistic to Clementine, it

• Yeah, I did. Rebecca did kind of grow on me. I even told her at the lodge that I wouldn't of actually said anything. I really just said that to put her in her place.

Did your Clem reconcile with Rebecca later on? I feel like it's a nice little subplot to see them go from enemies to eventual friends. The b

Sign in to comment in this discussion.