I dont like the voice acting in this.

edited March 2010 in Bone
I am probably not the first one who has said this but I dont like the voice acting in Out of Boneville and the great cow race. I just purchased the OoBV last week and a day later I went to get my money back. I personally thought everyone's voices were clearly out of character....Even Phoney's voice was off the mark along with Bone. So are there others on here who dont like the voice acting of the game?

Comments

• edited September 2009
    If i remember correctly i especially liked Phoney's voice.

I was distracted by the Grandma, but i generally don't like this character, so i can't say that she is done badly as well.
  • edited September 2009
    Just started playing the first episode, so far I actually really like the voices :)
  • edited December 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    I was distracted by the Grandma, but i generally don't like this character, so i can't say that she is done badly as well.

I'm actually very curious to know why you dislike the character. Would you mind telling me via PM? Or you could say so here, if you're comfortable. :)
  • edited December 2009
    lol, you're really complaining about the voices?... in the german versions phoney is spoken by the same guy who speaks the german homer simpson, now THATS what i would call "out of character"...
  • edited March 2010
    I'm actually very curious to know why you dislike the character. Would you mind telling me via PM? Or you could say so here, if you're comfortable. :)
    Oopsa, just saw it, anyway, i'll give it a try.

First i think she isn't as easy to pick up as the other characters the way she is drawn. Then her character isn't someone you want around when you're adventuring and exploring a new world. She is quite dominant and tells the others what to do, she's one of the good ones, maybe someone between an paladin and a grumpy looking old person who knows everything better. Maybe this plus some other things i can't think of right now.

Other characters like Wendell for instance are nicer to pick up but the real star in my opinion is Phoney Bone. Without him Bone wouldn't be Bone. Of course he needs the other persons to get into all these troubles but i really like him!

Whilst typing this and remembering the Bay-Area-Sound interview, i also have to say that quite some of the best tunes Jared did so far for TTG, came from the Bone games. The mood they create really add something special to the games and i could and did listen to them for hours not only on one day.

http://files.telltalegames.com/bone2/soundtrack/springfair.mp3
    http://files.telltalegames.com/bone2/soundtrack/barrelhaventavern.mp3
    http://files.telltalegames.com/bone/soundtrack/dragonstair.mp3
  • edited March 2010
    I didn't actually care much for the Bone games at all. But then again i've never read a Bone comic in my life so i'm sure my opinion doesn't really count :p
  • edited March 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I didn't actually care much for the Bone games at all. But then again i've never read a Bone comic in my life so i'm sure my opinion doesn't really count :p
    You should definately give it a try, maybe when there is another sales discount. I also didn't like them in the beginning but contrary to the c&d/dc issue i was wrong there. Episode 1 is kind of short and and too easy but already very moody and introduces you to the world. Episode 2 then is brilliant and in my opinion the best adventure game TTG did so far.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.