TWD characters model

edited March 2019 in The Walking Dead

so i started getting into gaming development and just started learning UE4 i have no past experience in any 3d design software or Photoshop in fact i am having a hard time to understand how to make perfect pbr map that goes well with unreal specifically the roughness map.
but any way that not why i made this thread i want to make some projects in unreal about the walking dead, but as i said before i have zero knowledge about modeling and i am totally new to this, i still don't know how to import character models but when i get to that point it would be nice if i had character models to import to the engine and it will be even great if they are my favorite in the franchise that would be Clem and lee especially their S4 version, so if any one know when i can get it or even have those i will be very grateful.
if you guy willing to share it thanks.

Comments

• Takkaraput pop @Deltino porunga pupiritt par!

• sorry i did not understand

• I'm confused at what you are trying to do. I understand you want to import character models but I don't know why or for what. Please explain; maybe I could help you out. I'm taking a CAD class at the moment

• I wish I knew how to swap character models in console games. i wanna swap UI Goku for S2/ANF Clementine in XV2

• sorry for not replying i wasn't around.
    as i said i am new to gaming development, in my country there is no 3d art designing classes, i want to learn by my self so i downloaded the UE4, i am following a YouTube channel called game DEV academy trying to learn from him i am kind of slow at it but i am learning.
    one of reasons i want to get into gaming development is i want to make a fan made games about the walking dead telltale stories.
    i still learning how to import static meshes with wind effects, and learning how to set a proper material and to create a perfect pbr maps , i am not at the level of importing a character model to the engine yet, but when i get there i want to get a models for the walking dead to use them in my projects when i am ready.
    i am just asking if you guys knows where i can get some.

I'm confused at what you are trying to do. I understand you want to import character models but I don't know why or for what. Please explain; maybe I could help you out. I'm taking a CAD class at the moment

• lool

Dex-Starr posted: »

I wish I knew how to swap character models in console games. i wanna swap UI Goku for S2/ANF Clementine in XV2

• Have you tried any model swapping with the game as practice?

• i don't even know what is model swapping i am new to all of this.

DabigRG posted: »

Have you tried any model swapping with the game as practice?

• Type it in on YouTube with Walking Dead.

FORTLEE posted: »

i don't even know what is model swapping i am new to all of this.

• i googled it find a way on YouTube by infernokun tried it but it seems it doesn't work with the final season yet, it works all the games of telltale that came before the final season.

Type it in on YouTube with Walking Dead.

• Oh, there TFS swaps out there. Case in point

i googled it find a way on YouTube by infernokun tried it but it seems it doesn't work with the final season yet, it works all the games of telltale that came before the final season.

• Because it is possible I hope they'll be one more video of every character being Lee in tribute to one of my favorite videos.

• i saw them but non of the youtubers who make them seems to share how they did it.

Oh, there TFS swaps out there. Case in point

• army of urbans

Because it is possible I hope they'll be one more video of every character being Lee in tribute to one of my favorite videos.

• Oh.
    Well, from my understanding, it's a matter of going into the games files and renaming and/or swapping out model textures and possibly skeletons. One should create and use shortcuts in lieu of the stored up original files, of course, so that they can swap them back when they're down.
    At least I think that's how it'd go.

i saw them but non of the youtubers who make them seems to share how they did it.

• edited March 2019

I don’t even know how to respond to this?

Oh, there TFS swaps out there. Case in point

• She really wanted to smooth things over.

I don’t even know how to respond to this?

• ew.

She really wanted to smooth things over.

• They're not sharing is probably because they don't want to get themselves in trouble. You will have to find another discussion board that's dedicated to doing just that.

Louis replaced by James

i saw them but non of the youtubers who make them seems to share how they did it.

• It'll come to you.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.