"Chokepoint" Episode Discussion

Daryl! Beta! Connie! Highwaymen!

Comment before, during, and while you watch. Enjoy!

Comments

• That little Beta scene with the bitten Whisperer was actually kind of emotional, not in the "I'm crying" way, but, hey "that's kind of sweet."

• Hey, that episode was pretty darn good. Shockingly good in my opinion. Man, Season 9 continues to impress me.

• Earl is likable character. He just needs to start speaking words of wisdom and he'll become the next Dale

• That part where they were bargaining with the Highwaymen had me laughing.

I could imagine it going like this.

HM: So, what are we talkin here. What's your stock?
    Carol: over 300 movies.
    HM: :­o ........ Alright fellers..... We have ourselves a deal!

• edited March 2019

I really liked this episode i think it got me back into it.

It started off really slow but got better,the only part i hated was the Tara's storyline with her crew or whatever just dumb filler but everything else was great.

I thought most of the interactions with the characters were good,The Kingdom stuff was actually interesting this time the "Highway men/the pirates" are cool,that Daryl vs Beta fight oh man that was awesome.

I'm so glad Daryl finally got his ass kicked for once,i love how shocked he was when Beta ran into him for the first time that was gold.

• I'll be a prick when I say this.....but I can't stand daryl as the lead...I think I'm going to quit this show after this season ends.

• My only problem with the episode was the scene with the highwaymen. When Carol asked them to see a movie and they all agree - it was S8 levels of dumb. "These guys are raiding our wagons and stealing our supplies and are about to kill us? Just show them a movie. I'd expect that kind of line to come from Jerry not Carol.

• Daryl isn’t the lead. There literally is no lead this season. My media teacher gave me a specific name for that when I mentioned the walking dead to him post-Rick but I completely forgot what it was, but all I know is that Daryl is definitely not the main character.

I'll be a prick when I say this.....but I can't stand daryl as the lead...I think I'm going to quit this show after this season ends.

• Who the feck doesn’t want to watch a movie? Role with it, it was a funny scene, in a fictional story, therefore it was amazing ?️‍?

My only problem with the episode was the scene with the highwaymen. When Carol asked them to see a movie and they all agree - it was S8 leve

• Anybody else think of the Kool Aid man when Beta busted through the wall? Lol

• Mr.X did it better

RyanUlysse posted: »

Anybody else think of the Kool Aid man when Beta busted through the wall? Lol

• A deuteragonist (a significant secondary character after the protagonist). I classify him and Michonne as deuteragonists. I study Media as well.

Melton23 posted: »

Daryl isn’t the lead. There literally is no lead this season. My media teacher gave me a specific name for that when I mentioned the walking

• That means 2nd to the protagonist. Can’t have a deuteragonist without a protagonist, so currently the show only has antagonists atm.

A deuteragonist (a significant secondary character after the protagonist). I classify him and Michonne as deuteragonists. I study Media as well.

• Just the way it was said and the dumb look on Carol's face rubbed me the wrong way

Who the feck doesn’t want to watch a movie? Role with it, it was a funny scene, in a fictional story, therefore it was amazing ?️‍?

• Are you sure? Well, a protagonist in 'spirit' then, lol.

That means 2nd to the protagonist. Can’t have a deuteragonist without a protagonist, so currently the show only has antagonists atm.

• When are those Rick movies coming out anyway?

• There are rumors of michonne leaving too....who the fuck is left from the ogs?

Daryl isn’t the lead. There literally is no lead this season. My media teacher gave me a specific name for that when I mentioned the walking

• Please tell me you are joking; she is my favourite character.

There are rumors of michonne leaving too....who the fuck is left from the ogs?

• I saw a review of the episode that said, and I quote: "And not for nothing, but I haven’t seen anyone break through that many walls since the Kool-Aid Man."

RyanUlysse posted: »

Anybody else think of the Kool Aid man when Beta busted through the wall? Lol

• I am not 100% sure but there's rumors she's leaving soon...idk If forever or for a short per of time or not at all.

Please tell me you are joking; she is my favourite character.

• Yeah, she's leaving. Scott Gimple fucking did too much damage to TWD for it to be mended. When Carl died. Andrew, Jeffery, and Norman were pissed at Scott

• edited March 2019

she's leaving to go find Rick or something so maybe she'll be in the movies idk.

Hopefully Lauren Cohan comes back next season i think she teased her return so we'll see.

• I'm thinking Lauren will return for the commonwealth arc - after the Whisperer War. So probably in S11 or at the end of S10

iFoRias posted: »

she's leaving to go find Rick or something so maybe she'll be in the movies idk. Hopefully Lauren Cohan comes back next season i think she teased her return so we'll see.

• edited March 2019

Before that hopefully.

Also i don't think it's gonna be possible to adapt the commonwealth on TV at all,that arc is great but has a lot of build up if they adapt it they'll probably ruin it like All Out War they should do their own thing instead imo.

I'm thinking Lauren will return for the commonwealth arc - after the Whisperer War. So probably in S11 or at the end of S10

• I wonder where that direction would be. The show is almost caught up with the comics and even the comics are dragging ass with the commonwealth.

Before that hopefully. Also i don't think it's gonna be possible to adapt the commonwealth on TV at all,that arc is great but has a lot o

• Yo I just realized something. Are they setting up Carol to become the leader of the Kingdom? Cuz in the comics...

Ezekial dies and the kingdom’s new leader becomes this nobody dude who’s completely forgettable. Having Carol become the leader would be an interesting route to take.

• beta GUD
    highwaymen chill dudes
    connie cool

episode wonderful
    season 9 awesome
    whisperers epic

• Carol should be on the pike. She's loved by both communities and her death would bring them together to fight the Whisperers. The pike is the most horrible thing in the comics - way worse than Glenn's death. To top his death in the show; they at least have to kill a S1 star. Throw Rosita on there too. She doesn't do anything anyway and her death along with her baby would show just how evil the Whisperers are.

Yo I just realized something. Are they setting up Carol to become the leader of the Kingdom? Cuz in the comics... (Spoiler)

• That would be a good route to take as well. However, I think a lot of Season 1/2 characters have been leaving recently (Carl, Rick, and temporarily Maggie) so getting rid of another one might make some of the “casual” fans pissed or something. Rosita needs to be in there for sure though, she was in the comics and tbh she’s kinda always been a dislikable bitch in the show.

Carol should be on the pike. She's loved by both communities and her death would bring them together to fight the Whisperers. The pike is th

• the only part i hated was the Tara's storyline with her crew or whatever just dumb filler

It wasn't filler. Those scenes were set-up to the walker-attack scene which itself was used to not only give us an answer wether or not The Highwaymen took the deal but also to straight-up show it to us.

I really liked this episode i think it got me back into it. It started off really slow but got better,the only part i hated was the Tara'

• Yeah i wasn't really paying attention there,i find out about that later so youre right.

I just thought the Tara stuff overall was really boring like compared to the Kingdom and what was going on with Daryl and the others.

GSSalvador posted: »

the only part i hated was the Tara's storyline with her crew or whatever just dumb filler It wasn't filler. Those scenes were set-up

• Beta is fucking Metal and the Whisperers remind me of Slipknot :D >:)

• I am not a fan of their music, but they have a new album out. Corey Taylor is okay when he sings with Lzzy Hale though.

Beta is fucking Metal and the Whisperers remind me of Slipknot

• They really need to tie in the Rick Grimes movies with the end of the show. He needs to be there at the end...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.