An interesting catch

Clem hasn't used a gun since the very beginning of TFS, people may know this catch so don't bash me if known but what do u think clem did at the ranch for her not touching a gun ever agian? Is it because of lack of guns? Or is there guna be a reveal last episode? What do ya'll think?

Comments

• I don't think she is afraid to use one or anything like that, when Abel asks to be killed she actually wants to go for the gun to shoot him.

I think it's just because guns and the rounds for them are pretty rare now

• It's cause they're scarce. Clem tried to get Lilly's rifle but Abel tripped her. And she was about to shoot him with AJ's gun as well. Clem isn't the kind of person to kill people then have a revelation like, "Wait, guns are bad?"

• This was established already. Kent mentioned a few things if memory serves.

1. Clem was capable enough without the need of a gun. She thought AJ would have better use for it since he's too small to be good at close range attack.

2. Guns and ammo are a rarity to come by 8 years in the apocalypse.

TFS Clem has never appeared to have a fear for guns and with all she's been through with a gun being a big part of every tragic event since the apocalypse began, I'd be shocked and annoyed if that were somehow the reason. But I'm 100% sure it's not.

So yeah, I doubt whatever happened at the Ranch has made her afraid of guns. I just hope whatever happened is worth the wait.

• I hope it is a reveal that she doesn't want to use guns because of what she did. But at the absence of guns I would've expected her to have a bow, or have made one herself, from the beginning with how good she has learned to use one.

And also, why would she leave herself without a ranged weapon? She may be skilled enough to not need them on walkers, but there are still survivors around and she should know from experience that you don't bring a knife to a potential gunfight. And trusting a 5 year old with a gun to do all the guntalk is just stupid.

• Thanks for clarifying, I forgot about Kents statement on this but would've been interesting if real.

Sarunas21 posted: »

This was established already. Kent mentioned a few things if memory serves. * Clem was capable enough without the need of a gun. She th

• All weaponry should be scarce 8 years into the outbreak. It's far more likely to find or create a short range weapon like a knife or a club. Bows would also be very difficult for her to create. It takes some decent knowledge, the right type of wood/material, and the strength to string it once you have the draw string created.

I completely agree that giving a 5 year old a gun is stupid. To allow him to play with it in the car, even empty was also stupid. More realistically, with ammo being scarce and loud noise attracting walkers the only one with a gun should've been Clementine lol.

I hope it is a reveal that she doesn't want to use guns because of what she did. But at the absence of guns I would've expected her to have

• Clem assigns the gun to AJ for his own protection.

It's the greatest form of self-defense should Clementine ever be separated from AJ. Makes complete sense given Clem's selfless motherhood.

Clementine like any parent is more concerned for her child's safety than her own. She doesn't care to think about the logic that her having the gun might potentially be more effective. It's all about AJ. From Clem's perspective the potential of her being in grave danger due to not having a gun is irrelevant. What matters is that AJ makes it.

Clementine mirrors Lee in a lot of ways with how she maneuvers as a guardian.

I hope it is a reveal that she doesn't want to use guns because of what she did. But at the absence of guns I would've expected her to have

• See post above.

Poptarts posted: »

All weaponry should be scarce 8 years into the outbreak. It's far more likely to find or create a short range weapon like a knife or a club.

• Yea...tbh I think people are looking into this way too much.

• Sure, but if they got separated or surrounded by Walkers; AJ would've used that last bullet on himself. Clem doesn't want AJ to die such a horrible death. She'd rather give him and be eaten herself before AJ would. Even if they were both gonna die - his death would be merciful

Poptarts posted: »

All weaponry should be scarce 8 years into the outbreak. It's far more likely to find or create a short range weapon like a knife or a club.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.