Anyone noticed how toxic general discussion forums are now?

Not on this site in particular but Facebook, Twitter, Youtube are riddled with such toxic people. Like people wishing death on the writers at Dontnod for releasing LIS episodes every 4 months, i make a comment defending them saying that games take time to make and people should be patient and then its like the fires of hell descend upon me. I received so much abuse for one comment. Anyone else feel there are people in this world who are way too sensitive for their own good?

Comments

• Nowadays, within the last few years especially compared to say 10 years ago

DabigRG posted: »

Now?

• There we go.
    But yeah, a good number of people are much too prone to respond to basic logic or alternative opinions through getting personal and especially hurling out threats.

Nowadays, within the last few years especially compared to say 10 years ago

• The internet has been more toxic than Chernobyl for quite a while now.

• Lots of games I’ve played like World of tanks has the most toxic people ,theirs only one person here that is toxic but I’m not getting any names .

• Me?

Lots of games I’ve played like World of tanks has the most toxic people ,theirs only one person here that is toxic but I’m not getting any names .

• Oh, okay.

Nope

• People only say the things they do because there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Nothing but a bunch of keyboard warriors. In person, I can guarantee you none of them speak the way they do on the internet.

• Backing this up. I can guarantee you no one running their mouth would do so without the protection of anonymity. These people freeze up when they're caught running their mouth, afraid of getting the cheetos crumbs knocked out I suppose.

Dex-Starr posted: »

People only say the things they do because there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Nothing but a bunch of keyboard warriors. In person, I can guarantee you none of them speak the way they do on the internet.

• edited March 2019

I agree with Dex-Starr, but I also blame it on the younger people today (that is those born since 1990) for being addicted to their devices and not actually socializing with others along with parents not raising them right because they were not either, are unaware of their son or daughter's behavior, or just don't care. Not all of them are like this, but sadly it's a very significant amount.

• Me i suppose

Lots of games I’ve played like World of tanks has the most toxic people ,theirs only one person here that is toxic but I’m not getting any names .

Sign in to comment in this discussion.