"The Calm Before" Episode Discussion

1 episode left this amazing season!

I am very, very interested in this episode. No leaked spoilers!

Comment before, while, and after you watch.

Comments

• Oh god lines ripped right from the comics.

• I did NOT see THAT coming, even though I saw IT coming.

• ... Holy fuck

• I wanted to see Tara, Henry, and Enid die so bad but now that they're actually gone...

• So now I’m thinking Magna might step up as Hilltop’s leader, at least until (if) Maggie comes back. Thoughts?

• I haven't seen it yet. I'm nervous about it lol

• I'd think Daryl before Magna

RyanUlysse posted: »

So now I’m thinking Magna might step up as Hilltop’s leader, at least until (if) Maggie comes back. Thoughts?

• Damn, Earl has it rough. Lost his son at the beginning of the season and lost his wife at the end.

• edited March 2019

I knew it was coming, but I still wasn’t ready for it. This episode teased us (the director outright confirmed she did that on purpose) with certain characters, and they pull the rug from under us and do that. Tara and Enid, fucking hell, and Henry. I didn’t like the kid that much, but damn he didn’t deserve that, and it looked like he was going to take over Carl’s role. As glad as I am to know Ezekiel and Rosita lived, these deaths still hurt. The show has done justice to certain comic scenes, and has butchered some as well. This one, they did justice to, bravo.

• Sure, but they did kill some people that I didn't even know the name of. Like those teenagers. Replace them with Ezekiel and Jerry and that would've been perfect. Don't get me wrong. This scene was still great. I hated Tara and Enid but damn... to see them finally go

I knew it was coming, but I still wasn’t ready for it. This episode teased us (the director outright confirmed she did that on purpose) with

• Really really good episode,probably my second favorite episode of this season (the first one was/still is Rick's last episode obviously) i'm curious to see how they're gonna end this season though.

• Really fuckin' good episode. I knew what was gonna happen before the episode aired but wow they still got me tearing up. Bravo! And goddamn, Ozzy didn't even get to see the movie :(

Man got introduced as a villain and died a fucking hero. RIP Ozzy, we hardly knew ye.

The only thing I'm kind of irked about is that no one from Magna's group were among the pike victims. Everyone from every group should be effected by this. Other than that I'm really happy that they managed to pull it off!

• On top of the amazingly well done reveals of who got the ax, I really want to say I loved how Daryl runs over to try and stop Carol from seeing Henry's head, knowing that it would cause her a great deal of pain to witness it. I seriously just love the bond that these two characters have.

Seriously though, that's what, 5 kids that Carol has known that have died. The girl is seriously bad luck for children.

• tfw Tara and Henry are dead so you might actually start watching the show again

• Apart from the death scenes.... WHEN WILL DARYL AND CONNIE GET TOGETHER?

• episode awesome
    alpha amazing
    enid, tara and henry.. wow.
    ozzy and dj... true fucking HEROES
    carol, sad...
    siddiq... hmm....
    daryl and connie.. lovely!

season 9 epicness

release NEGAN :rage:

• God, don't forget Enid. She literally trips and gets knocked out. SMH

Poogers555 posted: »

tfw Tara and Henry are dead so you might actually start watching the show again

• I just cried, lool.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.