So now after four seasons how attached do you feel to Clementine as a character?

How do you now feel about her as a character after the fourth season? Do you still feel as attached to her as you did after seasons 1 or 2 or are you pretty 'meh' about her now?

I personally am not nearly as into her as a character as I was a couple years ago. So much so that in the final scenes when we were finding out what her fate was I was just looking forward to the episode being over. That is a huge change for me considering that prior to season 3 I was putting her at the same level of 'cool' as Ellie from Last of Us.

Comments

• Just the opposite. I've grown more attached to Clem with each passing Season.

• As I've said before, Clementine still remains my favorite video game character, if not my favorite character, of all time. TFS has done nothing but strengthened my love for her character. The only season where I feared it might have stagnated was in ANF, only because of what little she was given and how she was mistreated. TFS made up for all of that without question. While characters from other media will fade into obscurity, Clementine and her journey will always be one that I'll cherish.

• I was really happy to see Clem alive at the end of the season, I teared up a bit in fact, but I dunno really. I mean when she "died" I kinda didn't care because I was like "wtf is this bullshit ending"

But I'm guessing my affection for her as lowered drastically since season 2, in season 1 Clementine is just a poor defenseless little girl, and I believe most people have this "father,mother" instinct, that really makes you care about Clem and makes you want to protect her at all cost.

But in season 2 she becomes this badass who takes decisions for the adults, and so it feels like Clem is smarter than everyone else, and doesn't really need protecting, also the fact that Clem is the protagonist and you are controlling her made me care less for her, I mean she is the main character, she has the plot armor, I have to worry about other people now.

So from season 2 I started getting less attached, I still loved her, but not as much, and then in New frontier I kinda didn't care, even though I was glad to play Javier as it made me feel like I somehow had to protect her again.

And in season 4 I cared for AJ, not as much as I cared for Clem, but I still did.

So basically I believe the majority of us liked clem because we saw her as our daughter, but then you see her taking care of herself and the bond might slowly fade away, you don't feel like a "friend" to Clem like you might with Kenny or Luke, so taking away the mother/father daughter bond makes you less attached to the character in general.
    That's my take on it anyway.

• edited March 2019

I still really love her character, but I hate ANF so much because it killed a lot of Clem's character. It really detached me from her. Luckily season 4 Clem was the actual Clem we were use to, but that stupid road bump really toned down how attached I really was to her sadly.

• Never ceased to love her. Even in ANF when I still liked her development there. And I loved what they did with her in Season 4. Despite how angry I was when I thought we would get the "copy-paste" season 1 ending, I was still holding back when the scene was playing and when I saw her alive at the end, I broke into tears after the initial shock. I'll really miss my little girl... :'(

• edited March 2019

Clem in ANF is like Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi which a lot of people didn't like.

Poogers555 posted: »

I still really love her character, but I hate ANF so much because it killed a lot of Clem's character. It really detached me from her. Lucki

• It also did not help that she was a side character.

I still really love her character, but I hate ANF so much because it killed a lot of Clem's character. It really detached me from her. Lucki

• I hated her incarnation from ANF and that was sorta transferring onto Clementeen initially.
    But honestly, I stopped caring one way or the other after the first episode.

• Hey, at least Luke was still fun, interesting, and maybe even challenging to watch.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Clem in ANF is like Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi which a lot of people didn't like.

• I regard her and ellie from the last of us as my videogame children. That's how much I am attached to her character

• Yeah I also don't think we should be comparing the two considering Luke still saves the day at the end while Clementine ends the story simply with a bit off leg where she has to be saved by a six year old.

DabigRG posted: »

Hey, at least Luke was still fun, interesting, and maybe even challenging to watch.

• Hey, at least it's a six year old who can respect his elders and/or the people that got him where he is. :sweat_smile:

sony12 posted: »

Yeah I also don't think we should be comparing the two considering Luke still saves the day at the end while Clementine ends the story simply with a bit off leg where she has to be saved by a six year old.

• I think I like her the best in season two

• Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I think I like her the best in season two

• edited March 2019

It’s hard for me to describe. I’ll miss her and i’ll miss the series. It’s hard for me to say goodbye to things that I enjoy and have gotten used to having around. I’m sentimental like that.

But I don’t know if I was ever attached. Maybe it’s because I’m almost 37 and always saw her as just a video game character.

• I honestly didn't know how much I truly cared about this character until she came walking forward to us in crutches. I obviously loved her, but it was only after I absolutely broke for the first time by storytelling did I understand just how attached I am to her.

• Clementine is hilighly inspirational video game Charater , She is the definition of strength when being a leader and taking care of people you love most.

• edited March 2019

She's cool in S4 it was good to have her back as the main character but thats about it im not attached to her anymore i didnt even shed a tear when she "died" in the barn i didnt care i was like "ok get it over with" it just didnt work at all. I was more afraid of AJ dying that episode because i think he was a much better and interesting character than Clem.

• edited March 2019

Clem has been my favorite video game character since Season One(aside from Bigby Wolf). When she appeared again at the end and survived, I was so happy. Best moment of the entire series.

• I wasn't attached per say. I haven't cried at either Lee's death or Clem's "death", but I definitely got emotional.
    It was more of a "great character dying off" kinda feeling, if you know what I mean.

• Always have been, always will be.

• Clementine brought me to this franchise and I owed her so much. Despite all the mediocre storytelling she has been having after Season 2, I still love her.

• She killed all the raiders - saving the kids though

sony12 posted: »

Yeah I also don't think we should be comparing the two considering Luke still saves the day at the end while Clementine ends the story simply with a bit off leg where she has to be saved by a six year old.

• Same.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Just the opposite. I've grown more attached to Clem with each passing Season.

• Pretty much me, minus the "good to have her back" stuff.

iFoRias posted: »

She's cool in S4 it was good to have her back as the main character but thats about it im not attached to her anymore i didnt even shed a te

• My current feeling of Clementine is just apathetic at this point.

• Mm, aside from the excessive swearing and I'm never used to seeing her in love, but otherwise yeah this is the Clementine we're used to. Wouldn't even say that tho, if you were to replay S2 again you can tell the characters are very different. That said, TFS Clem is more fleshed out, realised, and just more of a character overall.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.