*SPOILERS TFS EP4* What if it was the other way around?

edited March 2019 in The Walking Dead

The ending was unexpected to some people, not to others, but one of the thoughts that crossed my head was... What if the position of Clem and AJ were reversed? AJ was the one getting bit? And Clem's leg wasn't injured? How it would be if it was Clem desperate about AJ, going into the same situation she was in once with Lee? She would be the one fighting off the walkers and then having to decide in tears whether to leave or kill AJ (or maybe chop his leg off?).

Personally I think that could work. I'm sure people can come with their own view of how the story should end but since making up a story and putting in a game isn't as easy as it sounds I simply thought about reversing the roles. Someone in the development team must have thought about that. AJ may not be as cherished as Clem but I think the majority of us still cared about him and that would make a really sad scene. And the McCaroll Ranch flashback playing right after would have more impact.

Comments

• I think they ruined Clementine’s character by making her protect AJ from a young age. In other words, I found it a rehash of the first season and it should not have been on her hands.

• edited March 2019

It would be a rehash. I'm not saying it would be a great ending, just how it would compare to the one we acrually got.

I think they ruined Clementine’s character by making her protect AJ from a young age. In other words, I found it a rehash of the first season and it should not have been on her hands.

• Cheese and Rice, NO!

• No, I mean the way they decided to continue Clementine’s chapter (age eleven) is the same as Lee’s footsteps.

Archielan posted: »

It would be a rehash. I'm not saying it would be a great ending, just how it would compare to the one we acrually got.

• Interesting I guess, but how it is now is more satisfying. AJ's redeemed himself, maybe he needs to let go of Clem's teachings and grow up, caravan group, Clem enters a new era. Less walking-dead but more satisfying.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.