[Episode 4] Ending explained How AJ saved Clementine.

This YouTube notification should help

Comments

• Are you satisfied now?

• No and it's not canon it's just Kirkbride's head-canon.

You know that shit is badly written when your lead designer has to come on reddit and make up some shitty fanfiction to explain something that should've been explained in the game in the first place.

If it was in the game maybe i would've been satisfied but it's not so it's not canon just like Kent's retarded posts about Lilly,they're not canon.

Are you satisfied now?

• edited March 2019

Not everything needs to be shown in the game, you know? The dude was the lead designer, meaning he had quite a bit of influence over the game, so what difference would it make whether we see it or not? If anything, what he tells us is more valid than the “fan fictions” we are seeing here

iFoRias posted: »

No and it's not canon it's just Kirkbride's head-canon. You know that shit is badly written when your lead designer has to come on reddit

• I miss my Mary-Jane. ?

• Exactly.

Melton23 posted: »

Not everything needs to be shown in the game, you know? The dude was the lead designer, meaning he had quite a bit of influence over the gam

• The fact that someone had to write a post on tumblr to explain how Clem didn’t die means that this wasn’t good writing lol

also, inb4 "their budget was only 12 dollars!" excuse, why was there a part of the budget wasted on adding eddie and killing him just for the LoLz! between co workers :pensive:

Not everything needs to be shown in the game, you know? The dude was the lead designer, meaning he had quite a bit of influence over the gam

• If they show AJ saving clem in the game it would break the suspense. They wanted to surprise the player at the end with clem being alive.

Hersani posted: »

The fact that someone had to write a post on tumblr to explain how Clem didn’t die means that this wasn’t good writing lol also, inb4 "th

• i'm talking about adding a flashback after the clem plot twist, hell, at least a dialogue line explaining what happened lol

igormp posted: »

If they show AJ saving clem in the game it would break the suspense. They wanted to surprise the player at the end with clem being alive.

• I have just read on the walking dead reddit that Kent mudle has said that it was only 15 minutes between clementine getting bitten and aj cutting off her leg

• Link?

gardner82 posted: »

I have just read on the walking dead reddit that Kent mudle has said that it was only 15 minutes between clementine getting bitten and aj cutting off her leg

• (also contradiction of them fixing plot holes outside the game like this, and then later will go "if it doesnt happen in game its not cannon" so...)

iFoRias posted: »

No and it's not canon it's just Kirkbride's head-canon. You know that shit is badly written when your lead designer has to come on reddit

• There's an old rule in writing which states ' show, don't tell '. It's the difference between what having that scene in the game would have been, and what reading it on reddit is. Of course it sounds like a nice piece of fanfiction. If it had been playable, that could've been a really tense moment. Perhaps their lives could've depended on the order things were done in, or time managed.

While it's great that he used the wheelbarrow to get up to their height, those walkers were shown gradually breaking the wooden portions of the old barn to work their way inside. There's no reason why the inside structure should hold up a significantly longer time period than the outward one if that's shown to be the case. ( Not talking about the metal portions, but the if the wood was old enough to bust through then the wooden portions should've been roughly the same challenge inside. )

It would've been incredibly dramatic and sad if in the process of trying to save Clementine, AJ was bitten or in taking too long Clementine turned. Yes, countless hoards of people would want the ending where everyone lived happily ever after - but replay value would be high. In all cases in the comics and tv adaptation, there is no happily ever after as well.

I'm more than happy to accept this as his explanation, but it does baffle me how a lead designer could think that cutting that scene out was better.

• not sure how to put a link in

Link?

• edited March 2019

Personally i could care less of the ending, but i would've preferred they went all the way with it instead of a pretzel twisted explanation of making Clementine live to i suppose have a good ending?.

(Spoiler) To me it would've been like Rockstar pulling a bait and switch with Arthur in Red Dead Redemption 2 when he's just about to succumb to his illness that through some twisted means of logic that his illness in fact did not kill him because of some contorted means so that there could be a feel good ending to the game.

(Tried to put spoiler tag, but it would not let me)

• Might wanna spoiler tag that last bit before somebody who hasn’t played the game sees it ?

Chibikid posted: »

Personally i could care less of the ending, but i would've preferred they went all the way with it instead of a pretzel twisted explanation

• Suppose so, but i feel its a fair comparison of the two in their respective endings of their stories.

Might wanna spoiler tag that last bit before somebody who hasn’t played the game sees it ?

• That's only a third of the major complaints surrounding the barn scene.

Are you satisfied now?

• Sounds about right

gardner82 posted: »

I have just read on the walking dead reddit that Kent mudle has said that it was only 15 minutes between clementine getting bitten and aj cutting off her leg

Sign in to comment in this discussion.