Clem on TV?

Just wondering if anyone would want to see Clementine appear on the TV show? Personally I’d be mostly against it, although I wouldn’t mind if they had an episode or two between major story arcs where some of the regulars get into trouble or lost, and end up at Ericsons, just to establish those characters in the TV continuity.

Don’t think you can have Clem be a series regular though unless you have a spinoff detailing her backstory, otherwise fans of the series who haven’t played the games won’t relate to her.

Comments

• No. She wouldn't look or talk the same. Plus she's canon with comics not tv

• Hmm, maybe. Who would you cast?

• Honestly? No idea. Amandla Stenberg seems to be a popular choice whenever the question is raised...

Hmm, maybe. Who would you cast?

• I’d like to see it, and looking at the current direction of the show I’d say she’d be in good hands, though for one Robert Kirkman said she won’t be showing up, and secondly I still wouldn’t trust him not to kill her off. Seeing as most of the comic characters exist in the show, at least we’ll have some peace of mind knowing that there’s a strong chance that she’s out there somewhere

• Oh my God, Rue from 'The Hunger Games'. xo

Rankles75 posted: »

Honestly? No idea. Amandla Stenberg seems to be a popular choice whenever the question is raised...

• This is impossible,for her to appear in the show she'd have to be in the comics first and that's not gonna happen too.

I wish Kirkman or some other talented writer actually created a comic about Clem though that'd be awesome not put her in the main comics because it's a terrible idea but have her own story as the main character and shit,they would probably do something more interesting with her than Telltale ever did after S2.

• Zendaya

• edited March 2019

Not if it were on Netflix and not AMC.

No. She wouldn't look or talk the same. Plus she's canon with comics not tv

• something more interesting with her than Telltale ever did after S2

iFoRias posted: »

This is impossible,for her to appear in the show she'd have to be in the comics first and that's not gonna happen too. I wish Kirkman or

• Creepsvill.

something more interesting with her than Telltale ever did after S2

• Not going to happen.

• Fuck no. Putting her in any other medium would ruin her character determined personality, her unique s3 scar, and the happy ending and closure she just got in the finale. Bad idea.

• I think Kirkman would be the only person who could do it correctly, but he would end up just killing her off for shock value somewhere down the line.

Fuck no. Putting her in any other medium would ruin her character determined personality, her unique s3 scar, and the happy ending and closure she just got in the finale. Bad idea.

• Nah, I don’t think it’ll just be for shock value. He’s said many times that he takes a lot of thought in who he kills and how they’ll die, and sometimes he even regrets it, even if executed purposefully, Andrea from the comics being on of those example. If Clementine DID show up in the show, if she doesn’t survive, she’ll probably get a decent death if Kirkman oversees how she’s handled, though I do think she’ll only have like a 1 episode/half a season cameo before going back to doing her own thing

I think Kirkman would be the only person who could do it correctly, but he would end up just killing her off for shock value somewhere down the line.

• Based off the current state of the comics, I would not trust Kirkman with Clementine's character at all.

I think Kirkman would be the only person who could do it correctly, but he would end up just killing her off for shock value somewhere down the line.

• She.
    Doesn't.
    Exist.
    In.
    TV.
    Show's.
    Universe.

• How do you know? Quite a good chunk of the comic cast exist within the show, and if they don’t they’re replaced by a different character. If she doesn’t exist in the show, then somebody else is definitely out there enjoying her story for her

MaikelRR_ posted: »

She. Doesn't. Exist. In. TV. Show's. Universe.

• You are free to believe that if you want to but there is no evidence so far that a Clementine character is out there in the tv show universe. So nothing wrong with believing she doesn't exist in the show universe either.

Melton23 posted: »

How do you know? Quite a good chunk of the comic cast exist within the show, and if they don’t they’re replaced by a different character. If she doesn’t exist in the show, then somebody else is definitely out there enjoying her story for her

• She’ll be a liability in any bad situation as of now.

Fuck no. Putting her in any other medium would ruin her character determined personality, her unique s3 scar, and the happy ending and closure she just got in the finale. Bad idea.

• True. I’m just going off what Kirkman has said every time someone has asked if she’ll appear. Mostly somewhere along the lines of “she’s not going on the show” instead of flat out saying she doesn’t exist

sony12 posted: »

You are free to believe that if you want to but there is no evidence so far that a Clementine character is out there in the tv show universe. So nothing wrong with believing she doesn't exist in the show universe either.

• He would never outright say characters don't exist because he wants people to use their imagination as much as they can.

I don't believe he has ever said Daryl doesn't exist in the comic universe either. Only that Daryl would never appear in the comic.

Melton23 posted: »

True. I’m just going off what Kirkman has said every time someone has asked if she’ll appear. Mostly somewhere along the lines of “she’s not going on the show” instead of flat out saying she doesn’t exist

• me cuz im a gamer e-girl :kissing_closed_eyes:

• edited March 2019

Allow us to introduce ourselves

Hersani posted: »

me cuz im a gamer e-girl

• my thoughts exactly

No. She wouldn't look or talk the same. Plus she's canon with comics not tv

• if the show was animated then I'd be ok with it.

• I really wouldn't like the idea of that. It's a choice game, yeah I'll admit the only choice which felt like it mattered (to me) was trust AJ or not with making calls as it leads to one of the main cast dying.

But you also have choices of who your Clementine decied to romance or become best friends with, who your Clem saved from the raiders, did James or not die and if not, did he decide to protect Clem in the end? It's all that which could really piss off and fuck with players so I dont think it would be best to have her in the show, especially since the game is set in the comic book universe.

• That would've been awesome to watch.?

if the show was animated then I'd be ok with it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.