People really couldn't predict the twist?

"Oh my god I thought Clem was a goner?"

Really? As soon as Minerva ripped Clem's leg open, and definitely when the walker bit her on the same wound of the leg, all I could think was "Well it's obvious they can just cut the leg off". Amputation can kill off infection. The fact that neither Clem or AJ suggested this throughout the entire bridge scene to the barn made me really ponder. It would have been a major plot hole to not even have anyone suggest this solution. The fact that it's completely 100 percent ignored should have been a big signal to everyone.

If Clementine was really going to die, we would have a option to say "Actually we can try and cut the leg off" and inevitably it wouldn't have worked and Clem would be doomed in the same manner of Lee, IF she was guaranteed to die.

The fade to black made it obvious too. Pretty anti-climatic. AJ's final word to Clementine is "no." and doesn't say any real last goodbyes.

I admit I was believing it for a tiny split second because it was emotional and happening so fast, but I ultimately I just had a undercurrent feeling there would be a fakeout.

Even afterwards, the fact that AJ makes no mention of Clementine of being dead, or makes a comment about her being dead after getting her hat back was just more signs.

The placement of the Ranch flashback is also a big ass hint. What a weird place to put a flashback. Surely it's because it will be a bridge towards a concluding arc.

Comments

• Honestly, no.
    Granted, I obviously had little reaction to the situation, but I earnestly thought it was a matter of whether AJ slices her or not the first time. It probably helps that there were people claiming she could die a while before confirmation.
    Either way, I was legit surprised when she suddenly spoke up from offscreen.

• I was surprised, for a different reason.

I was surprised at the literal lack of explanation and the expectation that the audience should just accept it.

DabigRG posted: »

Honestly, no. Granted, I obviously had little reaction to the situation, but I earnestly thought it was a matter of whether AJ slices her o

• Oh, well that's sorta the vibe the episode was coasting to for the most part.

I was surprised, for a different reason. I was surprised at the literal lack of explanation and the expectation that the audience should just accept it.

• I had a feeling that she would be still alive, I didn't know how but my gut feelings were tingling, still was surprised the way she did tho.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.