The safest bet for Skybound if they want make more games, is a sequel with AJ.

2»

Comments

• edited April 2019

Yeah, but you got pissy when you didn’t see an in-game explanation for how she escaped a barn, and now you want to dismiss her fate in a much bigger situation that involves AJ going missing and being separated from the rest of the group? Like how? I can’t see the logic, there literally is none ? I’d much rather know how her and AJ get separated as well as her fate over how she was pulled out of a barn.

FYI, the safest bet for skybound is definitely DEFINITELY not to do this, it would honestly be detrimental to the company. It would make no money whatsoever, 0, zilch, there have only been 2 telltale linear point and click adventure games in the last that just managed to scrape break-even, and following that the game’s have made no profit whatsoever, what makes you think following the exact same story only with the odd choice here and there, that changes nothing, would get people to actually buy it over just watching a playthrough on YouTube, other than us sad and desperate losers?

The safest bet for Skybound is to mix up the formula, make an open world game where we can play as an entirely new character but set in the comic universe, have old telltale characters make an appearance to keep fans happy (Clementine and AJ for example) have a nice story where choices matter, where your community can either end in shambles or thriving, with no clear way of knowing how to achieve either outcome, inventory management, all that good stuff. And seeing as it will sitll follow the telltale forumula with choice making, recurring characters and all that, but mixing it up with free roam, survival and crafting, that I believe would sell much better.

As a side note, didn’t you say somewhere that it was lazy writing to not show Clem’s survival, but having it told outside of the game? Or am I thinking of someone else? If you did, then is it not literally the exact same thing, being lazy writing, to leave Clem’s fate ambiguous and up to the player? I could have argued that how she escaped the barn was ambiguous and up to the player. I had my own head canon lined up until Kent went and gave us an explanation.

As long as Clementine is alive, people are are always going to think her appearance "needs" to be explained. That's what happens when you end on an ambiguous cliffhanger and don't kill a character off.

• Have AJ, but not Clem in the game? No. Clem is a money printing machine for them and it will be beyond stupid not to include her, at the very least a cameo.

• I didn't say there wouldn't be a cameo or a suggestion of her whereabouts. But ultimately her fate would be ambiguous.

Deventh posted: »

Have AJ, but not Clem in the game? No. Clem is a money printing machine for them and it will be beyond stupid not to include her, at the very least a cameo.

• Oh sure, my idea's crazy.

You're right, an open-world TWD will absolutely be a best-seller.

That's gonna make a lot of money. Oh yeah. Yup.

Melton23 posted: »

Yeah, but you got pissy when you didn’t see an in-game explanation for how she escaped a barn, and now you want to dismiss her fate in a muc

• When did I say it would be a best seller? I’m only saying that it’d probably do better compared to the shit you’re pitching us ?

Oh sure, my idea's crazy. You're right, an open-world TWD will absolutely be a best-seller. That's gonna make a lot of money. Oh yeah. Yup.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.