The reason why Clementine wasn't (Determinant)

This Youtube notification should help.

Comments

• edited April 2019

Nice. However it is better to find the article and simply link to it than to post some hack youtubers video and make us listen to their very unimportant and (often) poorly thought out opinions.

• Oh No

sony12 posted: »

Nice. However it is better to find the article and simply link to it than to post some hack youtubers video and make us listen to their very unimportant and (often) poorly thought out opinions.

• sony12 posted: »

• Okay..let's see what this is all about.

"And basically we needed an antagonistic force to kind of make the story work, and having it be a character from Clementine’s past gave the whole thing a lot more weight and pathos than it could have been if have we just had to create a new character."

Aw i love how they believe in their own lies that's sweet.

"Yeah and we also had the simple mechanical thing of like, I’ve seen people start over the game just because Violet died in the middle. Can you imagine if there was an ending where Clem died and one where she didn’t die. Nobody would stick with the dead ending.

No one would do that. Even if people want to say they would be artistically satisfied and if you like a nice zombie story ending, no one would stick with that one."

God that's exactly what i was talking about in the other thread,yeah you know what it's probably for the best that they only made one ending because they probably wouldn't understand how to make multiple endings work properly anyway.

"Ed: Was there any desire or consideration to showing Kenny or Jane or any other past characters? Or did you feel they were best left behind?

We just kind of tried to like simplify it. I think the fact that Clem lives is tribute to everybody that’s ever fought to keep her alive. And honestly, I think that that’s all there. It’s all in the player’s head and like I don’t think necessarily like little references to them and stuff, which people are clamoring for all the time I know, but I don’t think that really would have made the story better if somebody at one point like says like: “Ah Kenny, he was great."

God you absolute moron yes it would've,little references about Kenny,Jane or other characters from the previous seasons adds to the player experience it's the little things that matters,how could he not fucking understand that ? Unbelievable.

Also, the original storyline they cut sounded like a rehash of Season 2's story but felt more fitting for a Walking Dead game like this than whatever the hell we got tbh.

"So it’s unfortunate that Telltale is over now-" no it's not. After all the horrible things we've heard about Telltale after they died,and after this game it's clear they were never gonna change i'm glad this toxic company went bankrupt,they honestly deserved it.

• The last to words came out little to harsh don’t you think??!!

0:41

iFoRias posted: »

Okay..let's see what this is all about. "And basically we needed an antagonistic force to kind of make the story work, and having it be a

• edited April 2019

You’re glad people lost their jobs and had to desperately scrounge for a new one? Boi you’re using their forums, you know? ??

Okay..let's see what this is all about. "And basically we needed an antagonistic force to kind of make the story work, and having it be a

• Yep. Calling a company toxic on their boards while you celebrate their downfall causing the loss of many, many jobs of people who clearly meant enough to you to hang around here says a lot about your false sense of entitlement and lack of empathy and understanding for the situation.

• In the words of Louis
    “That’s Fucked Up!”

Melton23 posted: »

You’re glad people lost their jobs and had to desperately scrounge for a new one? Boi you’re using their forums, you know? ??

• edited April 2019

It’s not exactly old news that the brain capacity and logic of quite a lot of the people here is on par with the guys over on the sub-Reddit, if not worse ?

BeefJerkyX posted: »

Yep. Calling a company toxic on their boards while you celebrate their downfall causing the loss of many, many jobs of people who clearly me

• Couldn’t said it better myself.

Yep. Calling a company toxic on their boards while you celebrate their downfall causing the loss of many, many jobs of people who clearly me

• Please tell me I’m dreaming and did not just witness this comment thread!!?????

• There's a reason why TT went bankrupt and I'm glad their inept storytelling will no longer be around to tarnish Clementines story more than they already have.

• Clementine deserved better ANF Clementine was the Darth Vader of TWD.

There's a reason why TT went bankrupt and I'm glad their inept storytelling will no longer be around to tarnish Clementines story more than they already have.

• edited April 2019

Once again the same fanboys @BeefJerkyX comes around and twist my words why am i not surprised.

No i'm not "glad people lost their jobs" i'm glad the company went fucking bankrupt because they deserved it,Kevin Bruner the upper management all the incompetent people,i'm glad they're gone, the employees deserves to work in a better environment than this.

They became a toxic company after TWD S1's success probably and if you actually took the time to read all the interviews,podcasts,and articles about this you'll see that not everyone was innocent (even some of the devs i believe) the whole thing was a mess,a toxic environment, i remember a podcast after they died from an ex-telltale employee saying that Telltale was basically "Handsome Jack" the fact that they're gone is a good thing no one should work in a place like this.

• You’re glad they went bankrupt, and one of the major effects of that was people losing their jobs, therefore you’re glad people lost their jobs. You don’t just become happy with something if there’s a tragedy behind it, otherwise you’re just a sociopath, aren’t you?

Maybe next time structure your sentences properly, yeah?

Once again the same fanboys @BeefJerkyX comes around and twist my words why am i not surprised. No i'm not "glad people lost their jobs"

• edited April 2019

Maybe next time structure your sentences properly, yeah?

Well it's not my fault if you don't know how to fucking read and always misunderstand my posts and jump on me like a fanboy.

They went bankrupt for many reasons, yes in a way i'm glad they went bankrupt because the sad truth is,if they were still alive today,the company would still be toxic and things would still be the same maybe even worse, just look at Wolf S2 the entire thing was gonna be a dumpster fire like i said they were never gonna change. What happened to the employees was tragic but it was inevitable,it was gonna happen one way or another.

You’re glad they went bankrupt, and one of the major effects of that was people losing their jobs, therefore you’re glad people lost their j

• So to rewrite that, you're not glad the company's gone, but it completely makes sense, you expected it and had a feeling you wouldn't like any of their upcoming games. Well that's how I feel. Well Stranger Things might've been interesting, with the First Person running and hiding segments and stuff.

Maybe next time structure your sentences properly, yeah? Well it's not my fault if you don't know how to fucking read and always mis

• “I’m glad they went bankrupt”. Nobody needs to twist your words. These are your words. The effect of that is very clear and, yep, it includes everyone losing their jobs. Telltale has to have meant something to you or you wouldn’t be here on their boards and yet you wish for their downfall... and they’re the ones you call toxic. Wishing failure, bankruptcy and job loss for those who gave us Clementine and Lee in the first place is the very definition of toxic.

Maybe next time structure your sentences properly, yeah? Well it's not my fault if you don't know how to fucking read and always mis

• edited April 2019

Read my previous posts because that's all you're gonna get i'm not about to explain myself again,we're done here.

“I’m glad they went bankrupt”. Nobody needs to twist your words. These are your words. The effect of that is very clear and, yep, it include

• edited April 2019

I misunderstood your post because it was structured like ass ? besides, if you weren’t a “fanboy” then you wouldn’t be on the forums. Just let how stupid this all sounds sink in a little. Why ? are ? you ? on ? the ? forums ? of ? a ? company? you ? are? glad? went ? bankrupt?

• T’is a bit hypocritical if we’re being honest ?

Read my previous posts because that's all you're gonna get i'm not about to explain myself again,we're done here.

• Well @Melton23 @BeefJerkyX won that argument.

I misunderstood your post because it was structured like ass ? besides, if you weren’t a “fanboy” then you wouldn’t be on the forums. Just l

• Honestly Telltale was a huge mess. I hate the narrative of "all the devs were innocent" or that "oh only Bruner was the problem" when clearly there was more than that.

Apparently the creative team department was toxic as shit, treated anyone who disagreed with them by just isolating them and cutting them off, in one interview apparently some people at telltale were a bit "touchy" and then fucking Job later goes on twitter saying how he legit wants to fuck everyone in the world, devs just lying on twitter and then being called out by the lesser known Telltale devs to quit their bullshit. It was a big mess. I feel bad for the smaller people who had to make things like the game models as they clearly were just stuck in a shitty situation with terrible leadership and their team leaders being toxic assholes. So really like 66% of Telltale was a toxic shit hole, and the sad part is the devs who have the most trouble finding a job are the ones who werent toxic and had to deal with it from the higher ups and team leaders. Sucks that the worst people at Telltale got to move on from it and get new jobs, but that 33% people left who actually wanted to do good, got screwed.

It sucks because the people on creative teams who made people fall in love with Telltale left Telltale because of the shithole management, then the shit management got shitty new creative teams so now 2/3 of the company is ass. Thats why people are here in the first place, back when Telltale wasnt a mess and wanted them to get better, and now honestly it probably is better they died. I dont feel too bad for most of them, who I feel bad for are that other 3rd of employees who were just doing their job but got fucked hard as hell because of the rest of them. It honestly bothers me knowing the toxic people at Telltale all got to move on, but the people who were very behind the scenes and not known about are the ones who have to suffer.

• I hate the narrative of "all the devs were innocent" or that "oh only Bruner was the problem" when clearly there was more than that.

Yeah. Think back to how Tales From The Borderlands and Game of Thrones were in active development at the same time, and one showed why Telltale sucks and the other showed why the studio was amazing.

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly Telltale was a huge mess. I hate the narrative of "all the devs were innocent" or that "oh only Bruner was the problem" when clearl

• It shouldn't have been an "argument" to begin with,i was hoping people would talk about y'know the Kent interview instead i got 2 sensitive degenerates jump on me smh y'all

Well @Melton23 @BeefJerkyX won that argument.

• Tfw a comment from Poogs gets 8 likes for saying he’s glad people lost their jobs, but back when the event actually took place and Melton goes and says that he hopes the game gets finished, no matter what, while expressing little sympathy for the employees, he gets gang raped by the whole forum

Smh ppl.

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly Telltale was a huge mess. I hate the narrative of "all the devs were innocent" or that "oh only Bruner was the problem" when clearl

• edited April 2019

Bruh get used to it some people here used to and still do get likes because they insist it on their discord no matter if they're right or wrong. Not hating btw just stating facts.

Tfw a comment from Poogs gets 8 likes for saying he’s glad people lost their jobs, but back when the event actually took place and Melton go

• Never wish bad on others except for your enemies.

Tfw a comment from Poogs gets 8 likes for saying he’s glad people lost their jobs, but back when the event actually took place and Melton go

• Kind of a retarded thought process tbf. That’s like me showing up one day, revealing my affiliation with the KKK while typing in all caps hail Hitler, then getting slammed to death because of it, but it’s ok as long as I beg for likes?

Bruh get used to it some people here used to and still do get likes because they insist it on their discord no matter if they're right or wrong. Not hating btw just stating facts.

• I can see Peter Griffen going to a KKK and saying ( Sigg heil ) and the KKK point AR's at him.???

Kind of a retarded thought process tbf. That’s like me showing up one day, revealing my affiliation with the KKK while typing in all caps hail Hitler, then getting slammed to death because of it, but it’s ok as long as I beg for likes?

• edited April 2019

GeT tHiS cOmMeNt To SeVeN mIlLiOn AnD tWo LiKeS aNd YoU cAn AlL hAvE n-WoRd PaSsEs! ? ????????? ??

I can see Peter Griffen going to a KKK and saying ( Sigg heil ) and the KKK point AR's at him.???

• Please don't turn this to a YouTube shit fest.

GeT tHiS cOmMeNt To SeVeN mIlLiOn AnD tWo LiKeS aNd YoU cAn AlL hAvE n-WoRd PaSsEs! ? ????????? ?? (Spoiler)

• I said I feel bad for the 33% of people who were the ones actually making the games like modeling programming ect, not so much for the other 66% who have been shown to be terribly toxic people who actually were able to get new jobs instead of the actual hard working people at Telltale who weren't toxic assholes to each other.

I dont have that much sympathy for people losing their jobs when they were just a bunch of toxic workers treating the group of people under the creative team like shit, and then those same toxic people get new jobs right away after the closure, while the people who had to deal with making these toxic people's trash vision into games dont get a job at all after the closure. My sympathy goes out for those people that no one seems to care about, not the unprofessional creative team members who treated everyone like shit, forming cliques, making the work environment even more toxic, and then delivering poorly made stories, and I obviously don't feel sympathy for the higher ups.

• I bet if Poogers and I posted the same comment, he'd get more likes. But who cares.

• Wow.

sony12 posted: »

• **"Ed: Was there any desire or consideration to showing Kenny or Jane or any other past characters? Or did you feel they were best left behind?

We just kind of tried to like simplify it. I think the fact that Clem lives is tribute to everybody that’s ever fought to keep her alive. And honestly, I think that that’s all there. It’s all in the player’s head and like I don’t think necessarily like little references to them and stuff, which people are clamoring for all the time I know, but I don’t think that really would have made the story better if somebody at one point like says like: “Ah Kenny, he was great."**

I can understand the sentiment to a point. I don't believe that every influence needed its own dream sequence or flashback. I do believe that basic human conversation frequently lends itself to 'little references' however. An excellent example would've been early in TFS when Violet commented on Clementine's fighting ability. It would've been an excellent time to make a little reference toward Jane ( love her or hate her, she taught Clementine how to kill walkers in the method she uses during nearly the entire game. )

This is something that's often the source of contention between creators and fans in not only games but movies as well. It doesn't take a speech, or have to intrude on the writer's visions. There are plenty of opportunities where one line here or there would've had satisfied that nostalgic feeling.

"And basically we needed an antagonistic force to kind of make the story work, and having it be a character from Clementine’s past gave the whole thing a lot more weight and pathos than it could have been if have we just had to create a new character."

Honestly, this didn't need to be the case. It would've worked well though if given better material. Lilly wasn't a bad choice, but given a bad direction. Truthfully, not every season of Walking Dead needs a Negan or Governor. Survival stories have built in environmental antagonists, and group dynamics that wouldn't require that extreme to keep it interesting.

**Can you imagine if there was an ending where Clem died and one where she didn’t die. Nobody would stick with the dead ending.

No one would do that. Even if people want to say they would be artistically satisfied and if you like a nice zombie story ending, no one would stick with that one."**

I know this has been a source of debate, and I honestly think that it's misinterpreted to say 'No one would do that.' I think that statement makes me wonder if they understood how a lot of people approach this genre of games. It's not necessarily that everyone is out to get the best ending. For a lot of people, they're out to see every ending. For some, they'll start a new file. There was a big discussion for a long time at the end of Season 2 as to which ending people selected and why. A big draw of certain games is that choices have unforeseen consequences, and where they'll lead.

• edited April 2019

I totally agree with you on the survival story thing and I find the constant need for an antagonist to be tiresome but that ties into a point I was making in another thread about personally preferring early outbreak stories. Because if you have survived for 8 years in the apocalypse, like everyone in the Final season has in spite of all the environmental factors, it takes an act of stupidity or anger or violence or whatever to wreck things and create a challenge (this relates to the comics too, where I much prefer the early run before there were lots of settlements). Even back in season 2 everyone had survived more than two years. Essentially they had lived through the worst of it already and had enough times to learn how things work now.

So yeah, I agree with you on the survival stories, which are by far my favourite, but I also understand why, unless they rewound time each game, they felt the need for antagonists.

• For that comment I’m gonna go back and make a minor tweak so that it’s even worse.

Please don't turn this to a YouTube shit fest.

• Who replayed the episode because Violet died? Literally no point in doing that since it doesn't change much from the episode.

• YouTube more like CensorTube.?

Please don't turn this to a YouTube shit fest.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.