Do you wish they made another game, or do you think they should end it at “Take Us Back”

Personally, I am in the grey area. I want to continue the story, but Take Us Back ended the series so well I don’t want another game. What do you think?

Comments

• I don't think they're able to bring profit with doing these types of games anymore, doing them now is garunteed money loss.

• I really wish the finale was more satisfying than that but I don't care anymore.

• I would like to see a new story, with new characters, with new protagonists and spaces, but at the same time have small moments or relationships with places or people that Clem may have known at some time. I do not say to bring her back because, sincerely, I already managed to accept that her story ended, in the best way, thanks to God. I would like to see a new beginning.

• Thinks no about it that way makes me lean toward the “I want another game” side of things. Heck, if they do that they could put a Clem cameo!

I would like to see a new story, with new characters, with new protagonists and spaces, but at the same time have small moments or relations

• Just end it where it is, its silly to keep going on with this story, not to mention the fact they wont make another anyway because they make no money.

• Same here, her story ended I hope later in a year or two we'll get an update...only time will tell.

I would like to see a new story, with new characters, with new protagonists and spaces, but at the same time have small moments or relations

• Even better.

Ryder743 posted: »

Thinks no about it that way makes me lean toward the “I want another game” side of things. Heck, if they do that they could put a Clem cameo!

• I think they should start over at the beginning of the apocalypse with brand new characters and locations. TWD universe has tons of potential for cool stories. Include maybe a few Easter eggs from Clem's story but that's it. Don't bring her back in any official capacity, let her have her happy ending.

• Well, that new company(I still can't remember the name of) is made up of ex-telltale employees (I believe) and they're making telltale style games in the future. But maybe skybound will give us a prequel DLC. I'd like to play as Sophie and get to see the Delta

• God, willing I just want to see the Delta, I bet that community has some Nice individuals.

Well, that new company(I still can't remember the name of) is made up of ex-telltale employees (I believe) and they're making telltale style

• edited April 2019

If they mix up the formula, then yeah, but I want every single character, including Clementine, to be determinant and I want the possibility for everyone to survive until the end so the hope from take us back won’t be entirely lost. Seeing as Clem only gets 4 seasons, each with 5 episodes (excluding TFS) whereas Rick has how many volumes in the comics? 28 or smthn like that? And the Rick from the show gets 9 seasons, most with 16 episodes (excluding 9, he’s only there for 5). Clementine is one of the big walking dead bois now, and she needs to be treated like she is. I know she had a lot of depth now, and we’ve been with her for a while, but in reality we haven’t seen her enough, despite her being a protagonist. We’re going to need some kind of epilogue to TFS and some prequels here and there to cover the timeskips. If people won’t allow Rick’s story to die, even though it seemed clear during his bridge scene (and people were happy that he survived, regarding it as the best twd episodes ever, completely disregarding the fact that he blew himself up with a stab wound being a little bit of an oopsie cos thas fooken impossible) then they should continue Clementine’s story in some capacity, at least continue her legacy, and actually realise her as one of the pioneers of the walking dead.

• I reckon the chances of another of these games is incredibly slim but if we do get one I would hope it’s a fresh start with a new cast. Just replayed 400 Days and I love that and, after season 1, it showed that the recurring cast wasn’t essential (even though there are a few familiar faces of smaller roles).

Also, I feel that like with the comics and TV show, the zombie apocalypse gets less interesting the more established it is so I’d be happy enough to have a rewind back to the start of the outbreak.

• They should put a Biker Gang and a U.S Marines comes home from Afghanistan just to see his family and then the outbreak happens.

BeefJerkyX posted: »

I reckon the chances of another of these games is incredibly slim but if we do get one I would hope it’s a fresh start with a new cast. Just

• Yeah, in a way that sums up what I like about the early outbreak stories - you really see who they were become who they will be, if you know what I mean. The roles they played before the outbreak become far less relevant over time but I find how someone handles the need for survival going from a normal life to be very compelling. You see the shock play out in front of you and some won’t make it and some will and it’s not always obvious who will step up and survive.

They should put a Biker Gang and a U.S Marines comes home from Afghanistan just to see his family and then the outbreak happens.

• It wouldn't be a financially wise move to further invest in a series that has been on a steady decline in sales and interest spanning back to S2.

I think it's best to just end it here and move on to new and original projects Skybound and former telltale devs have in mind.

• i Love early outbreak stories to, there more interesting and you get to know a lot more detail then just in the Apocalypse now scenario.

BeefJerkyX posted: »

Yeah, in a way that sums up what I like about the early outbreak stories - you really see who they were become who they will be, if you know

• Maybe they could put survivors from Carver’s camp and people who survived the attack on that one place that I think is called Wellington that we didn’t know about into a new game, with new characters, and a new setting with some familiar places too.

• I definitely wouldn't mind another Walking Dead game, but not including any of the previous characters. I'd tell the team to put a map on a dart board, throw five, and pick one of the five locations that it lands on as it's starting point at the beginning of the outbreak.

I'd hope that they don't try to create another Clementine. Kirkman's Walking Dead doesn't really have a 'sole survivor' mentality. It does focus on one family, however it took a long time for the original members of Rick's group to die. It'd make it so less predictable of who might die, and allow for some real character development.

• I absolutely agree with this. They don't necessarily have to continue her story immediately. Make a prequel of some sort. There is always something to tell and people love Clementine! She is enough reason to bring profit. If the prequel with Clem turns out to be a success, then continue on to make games after where we ended at TFS.

They have over a million people liking them on twitter and facebook. The majority of those people are there for one reason -- their love for Clementine. Why would they abandon the games here? She has so much more she could do!

Melton23 posted: »

If they mix up the formula, then yeah, but I want every single character, including Clementine, to be determinant and I want the possibility

• edited April 2019

I mean, while Take Us Back didn't really give us anything that justified this being the last installment in Clem's story, I don't think Clementine and current surroundings have anything new to bring to TWD anymore.

The slavery and brainwashing concept from TFS was fresh, but really not that explored. The macro war which featured the Delta, Richmond, raiders, bandits and beyond also seemed pretty fun, but it's only really just mentioned with the Ranch giving us a little taste of it. Finally, AJ's whole character was a new thing to TWD, and they did it pretty well, loved the cave scene - but that's the thing, now it's done.

But now that all that was either neatly finished, somewhat resolved, or completely separated from the current situation, we have no possible fresh premise anymore, Ericson's is a community like any other so there's really not much left to expand on surrounding Clem. The finale didn't erase the possibility of any new installments, surprisingly, but it did take away any possible reason why there should be any more.

• edited April 2019

AMC TWD has been doing the same stuff for years but it's still working fine for them, isn't it? Who cares if it's the same stuff with new faces? It's a zombie apocalypse. It needs zombies and well developed characters and good story to follow along. Clem is already established main protagonist of the series, so cutting her short for some **** just to experiment is a terrible idea.
    AMC would have never removed Rick from the show if the actor wanted to stay and film more. It just doesn't make sense, man.

Skybound is literally sitting on a gold mine. They opened Skybound Games less than 2 weeks ago. They have previous staff members from Telltale still there. If they don't do something it will be their own mistake.

I mean, while Take Us Back didn't really give us anything that justified this being the last installment in Clem's story, I don't think Clem

• Maybe a game to cover when Clem was 10 after Omid’s death in season 2, since she’s 11 in that game.

Deventh posted: »

I absolutely agree with this. They don't necessarily have to continue her story immediately. Make a prequel of some sort. There is always so

• Well I just replayed season 2 and a glaring issue that was discussed at the time really couldn’t be ignored on my playthrough, especially after the context of playing older Clem - playing Clem as a young kid was REALLY difficult for the writers. The amount of “we’re all adults but, hey, let’s get that 11 year old girl to do it” moments really get hard to buy after a while. And it’s easy to see why that happened.

Now that might be different in a prequel with just Clem and Christa rather than a larger group because I guess you’d expect an equal sharing of tasks but, when we cut 20 months later, Christa seems to imply that Clem hasn’t been doing all that much for herself (like, you’ll have to learn how to make a fire).

I think I’d enjoy a Clem and Christa prequel if it was small in scale but it wouldn’t come without its challenges.

• edited April 2019

I just recently finished this final season and I'm having an incredibly hard time accepting that it's over, so I'd gladly welcome more if Skybound wanted to try.

• Just leave it be.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.