The Walking Dead Comic Has Officially Ended.

2»

Comments

• Not to mention their interactions over the past 20 years that sparked their relationship

sony12 posted: »

Maybe. But I think what he did was still better than switching out Sophia for Lydia in that epilogue he developed. Would have been a lot har

• I'd say Carl and Sophia were probably a rock solid couple by the time they were in their late teens and probably would have gotten married either before they were twenty or around the age of twenty. THem waiting until later to have a kid would have made complete sense as they would have likely wanted to wait to make sure it was a safe atmosphere to have a kid.

You get the impression in issue 193 that they had been together for a long time by that point.

Not to mention their interactions over the past 20 years that sparked their relationship

• Such a shame, TWD era as a collective is coming to a end...what else is there to look at now...really besides playing other video games the worst thing that can come to an end is the a (Youtube era) and that would be much more devastating then this.

• So I guess now would be heralding of a time to consider looking into the comics?

• The entire issue sucked. I honestly wish I stopped reading when the timeskip occurred after All Out War. The fact that Kirkman's farewell letter involves him doubting himself and freaking out over his decision is just icing on the fucking cake. We didn't even get another Negan scene even though that's the only character that anyone actually gives a fuck about anymore. Weak weak weak.

• There was a Negan cameo so technically we did get a Negan scene

The entire issue sucked. I honestly wish I stopped reading when the timeskip occurred after All Out War. The fact that Kirkman's farewell

• We see his shadow in one panel when we should have gotten his reaction to Rick's death and a meaningful conversation with Carl.

Melton23 posted: »

There was a Negan cameo so technically we did get a Negan scene

• Bit hard to get a reaction to a death that happened over 20 or so years ago

We see his shadow in one panel when we should have gotten his reaction to Rick's death and a meaningful conversation with Carl.

• Yet that's basically what the entire issue was for the other characters

Bit hard to get a reaction to a death that happened over 20 or so years ago

• Yet somehow none of them were reactions and they were all little references for the things that he did. I’m not an apologist or anything, I absolutely hated 192 but even I can see Negans reaction literally being something like “your father and I had our differences but he was a good leader” laughing off how he got his ass beat in all out war and how Rick spared him. That would literally be it. Would we need to see it? Not exactly, sure it’d be nice, but there’s literally nothing else that Negan would say.

Yet that's basically what the entire issue was for the other characters

• Negan played a huge role in shaping Carl. They had a very unique relationship and to not see that payoff in the final issue was bullshit. Kirkman completely lost sight of what his fans wanted and expected.

Yet somehow none of them were reactions and they were all little references for the things that he did. I’m not an apologist or anything, I

• Taking a page out of D. Weiss and D. Beniof

Negan played a huge role in shaping Carl. They had a very unique relationship and to not see that payoff in the final issue was bullshit. Kirkman completely lost sight of what his fans wanted and expected.

• Those guys are absolutely fucking ridiculous. They were handed an amazing opportunity on a golden platter and shat the bed the second they ran out of source material.

Taking a page out of D. Weiss and D. Beniof

• Cunts could've just handed the show off to new writers of they wanted to do Star Wars so fucking bad. GOT could've kept going. Personally, I think The Long Night should've been 3 seasons. We could've visited forgotten characters and past locations but be fighting the Wight Walkers.

Those guys are absolutely fucking ridiculous. They were handed an amazing opportunity on a golden platter and shat the bed the second they ran out of source material.

• I just picked up volume 32 and was able to read the ending. I honestly fucking loved it, which is saying something because I thought the whole commonwealth arc was pretty boring. I’m glad Kirkman decided to end it and not go on to issue one billion.

Overall this year has really been the end of TWD. Like the comic and the game series ending in the same year, what a journey it’s been man.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.