Your Final Thoughts On The Walking Dead

Comic
After finishing issue #193, I can say I'm satisfied. The final issue shows and explains what Rick wanted for Carl. Rick's sacrifices and hardships helped mold the world into what it was. Normal, Safe, Happy. As a father - Rick got what he wanted - for his son to be happy and safe. That's what a good father wants for his child and Rick gave Carl everything he wanted him to have. Rick gave Carl the pieces to build a new world. Carl put it together. All Rick ever wanted was to see his son grow up happy. He didn't get to see his wish, but in the end, he succeeded. And now, Carl uses everything his father taught him to raise his own child. Rick Grimes is gone, but he will never be forgotten.
Game
When Lee vowed to protect Clementine; he didn't know her. He could've walked away and left her behind, but he didn't. Caring for a child is a big responsibility, but Lee takes that responsibility the second he saw her. He didn't protect Clem for praise or for glory... he did because it was right. Because he cared for her. He goes through vicious hell but puts himself second every time - always doing the right thing for Clem, no matter the risks he faces himself. The moment he met her - he did everything for her. Clem uses what Lee taught her and does the same thing for AJ. Always putting her life at great risk to keep him safe. She gives up a part of herself so that AJ can have just a little comfort. She does everything she can to give him the childhood every child deserves. Lee is gone, but we will never forget him or Clementine

Comments

• It actually was a pretty good final issue. I think a lot of people are just having trouble with the fact that it takes place so far into the future and all the characters are in completely different spots than they were in issue 192.

It gave good curtain calls to all the major characters.

• The final issue showed that all the hardships that characters went through wasn't in vain. They worked so hard to build a life where they wouldn't have to survive - all they had to do was live. It's a life they deserve and I'm glad they got it.

sony12 posted: »

It actually was a pretty good final issue. I think a lot of people are just having trouble with the fact that it takes place so far into the

• Not guna lie I didn't read the comics much, but I still watched reviews and was up-to-date with everything happening, but I read the final issue and I was blown away by finally seeing (somewhat) old man Carl, I didn't think I'd see that until 2025 lol, the story of this issue wasn't spectacular but the Rick statue and the final 4-5 pages made me tier up knowing it's all done and over, no more walking dead.

• edited July 2019

I know I’ve made it clear that I hated #192, but #193 was actually a really nice read. It left quite a bit in the open and up to interpretation, the big ass time skip gave me aids...but the good kind ? Iiked the concept of walkers posing literally like 0 threat now and communities are fully established and working for themselves, thus eliminating any desperate survivors or antagonist groups, society has more or less returned back to normal, it was a nice and somewhat happy issue. Did it fix the issues I had with #192? No, at least not for me, but as its own issue, I think it really does a good job.

It’s actually scary to think tough that during that issue, Clementine and the others are in their 30’s-40’s, and even scarier is that AJ will be somewhere in his 20’s, and if not then they’re all dead.

• I can never get these timelines right. So did TFS take place during the Commonwealth arc? Or does it take place post Rick Grimes? If TFS did take place even remotely close to the Commonwealth arc, then had the 20 time jump:
    Clem: 37-38
    AJ: 26-27
    Violet: 38-39
    Louis: 38-39
    Willy: 33-34
    Aasim: 37-38
    Ruby: 36-37
    Tenn: 34-36
    Rosie: Dead
    Lilly: 50-59
    Kenny: 50-60
    That's some crazy shit, dude. Even crazier if Kirkman pulls a fast one and does a huge was issue about Ericson with the 20 year jump. Imagine AJ built like a fucking tank and sporting and badass beard like Mercer or S5 Rick. AJ would have Clem's knife and her hat - living peacefully in the woods off the land. Unless of course the mystery group gets Ericson invloved with the comic crew.

Melton23 posted: »

I know I’ve made it clear that I hated #192, but #193 was actually a really nice read. It left quite a bit in the open and up to interpretat

• According to Kirkman, TFS is set before the commonwealth, but canonically going from information from both the comics and the games (such as Clem and Carl sharing more or less the exact same age) TFS takes place after the commonwealth, so in between #192 and #193

I can never get these timelines right. So did TFS take place during the Commonwealth arc? Or does it take place post Rick Grimes? If TFS did

• After all the edgy bullshit, a happy ending is nice.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.