Remember everyone going crazy on how their AJ would turn out?

Turns he's the same in all outcomes of the story.

Hilarious that so many people thought AJ would go "crazy" if they taught him to be ruthless and merciless. For better or for worse, he actually turns out neutral no matter how you raise him.

But remember Telltale/Skybound telling us all of our parenting skills would affect the development of AJ and shape him up to be the person who he is at the end?

Shame on us for actually believing that at face-value. TFS held onto to none of its promises.

Comments

• edited July 2019

Telltale has been saying the "choices affect the story" lie ever since the first Walking Dead game. Considering they were also in financial decline during the production of TFS, it's not like this is that surprising or even new.

• I did predict it because it was predictable giving past decisions and how they were treated, what bugs me the most is that TT could've had a strong ending with clems bite, if he was not given confidence by clem and u played bad decisions clem would end up a walker, now that would've made everybody woah.

• Pretty much.
    They did toss around a few idea very early on about her dying, but ditched it specifically because of how people would react.

I did predict it because it was predictable giving past decisions and how they were treated, what bugs me the most is that TT could've had a

• I get the feeling you’re in one of those “I just got back from the bar and am now in the mood to beat my wife and lock my children in the closet” type moods again.

• Yep,same thing pretty much happened in Batman TEW with John Doe Telltale never learned from their mistakes.

• ...Spoilers?

iFoRias posted: »

Yep,same thing pretty much happened in Batman TEW with John Doe Telltale never learned from their mistakes.

• Sorry.

DabigRG posted: »

...Spoilers?

• That's what I thought too. Like one choice would have multiple consequences. Don't trust AJ lead to Vi/Lou dying as well as Clem. How awesome would it have been if we got a Daryl/Walker Merle scene but with Clem and AJ!?!

I did predict it because it was predictable giving past decisions and how they were treated, what bugs me the most is that TT could've had a

• Yeah, I haven't gotten back to the game since June I think. Still gotta get up Episode 3 soon.
    Ah well, at least it's nonspecific.

iFoRias posted: »

Sorry.

• We kinda had a moment like that in season 1.

That's what I thought too. Like one choice would have multiple consequences. Don't trust AJ lead to Vi/Lou dying as well as Clem. How awesome would it have been if we got a Daryl/Walker Merle scene but with Clem and AJ!?!

• Everyone shoulda been more worried about Tenn and not Clem's parenting like a bunch of wannabe Dr. Phils. I was one of many worried AJ was becoming a "monster" but I was so mistaken until EP.4 Clem was busy raising a hardened, battle trained assassin who even at like age 5 could eye socket stab walkers and survive like a soldier under pressure and save his family. Trained him for the nightmare he was surrounded by and didn't pamper him with coloring books and stories and he would never fold in the face of adversity. He is everything Tenn shoulda been. But in a room full of pussies he was a threat.

But in reality the kid was about as perfect as a kid can be in this world. He still had morality just not cowardice. He was willing to make the big decisions just like Kenny or Lee would. AJ carried the fucking group on his back towards the end like Prime MJ in 98 while grown adults cowered or ran. In just one season, AJ took out TWO threats that were an immediate danger to Clementine with no hesitation. Bit the guards ear off and took his beating like a man saving violet and clem.

The whole group spent most of TFS all on a toddlers shit so much they forgot that they had been harboring a soft pussy that would crumble behind the trigger for years. And then there he stood, good ol tennessee face to face with that sick devious pig Lillith and all her sociopathic ways, PTSD having fat scum father having authoritarian bitch. The woman who kidnapped his sister into a evil war mongering slave trade, killed his other sister. Behind the barrel of a cocked and loaded .44. One trigger pulls ends it all. All the pain. All the hell Brody went through wouldn't be in vein. And the home boy froze like Elsa. Lowered his weapon, and fucking FOLDED!! It's about as weak as i've seen a character get in a game, kid or not. And guess who comes to save the day? Good ol AJ grabs the gun and pumps a clip into that sluts head and ends this shit. A knee kicking, apocolypse surviving legend. He'll end up carrying a group just like Clem or Lee because he was raised to do so.

• I think the most disappointing things about everything being the same like this is the fact that it was the last season and they wouldnt need to worry about the future, yet they took this super easy route anyway.

• Yeah, if anything they could've made more money and avoided negative attention by going with the safe route (in terms of endings) with S2, avoid ANF, and make TFS in 2016 instead but with choice mattering more.

Poogers555 posted: »

I think the most disappointing things about everything being the same like this is the fact that it was the last season and they wouldnt need to worry about the future, yet they took this super easy route anyway.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.