Spirit of TWDG Forum

Comments

• Yours is not bad either.

Poogers555 posted: »

Personally to fix "ANF" to me would have been to have it so episode 1 starts you off wherever you left off in Season 2. You'd also always be

• As soon ANF trailer dropped, I predicted Kenny/Jane would die in the first episode. Kenny and Jane could have taken the spots of Eleanor and Tripp. If Kenny and Jane would have died in S3 Ep 5 no matter what; that would've been fine with most people I feel like.

Poogers555 posted: »

Personally to fix "ANF" to me would have been to have it so episode 1 starts you off wherever you left off in Season 2. You'd also always be

• "I can't believe Kenny did that."
    "Believe it!"

As soon ANF trailer dropped, I predicted Kenny/Jane would die in the first episode. Kenny and Jane could have taken the spots of Eleanor and

• If I was lead on Season 3 (and not lead on Season 2, because why on Earth would you expect a game with 5 endings to have a solid continuation*), I would scrap Michonne, and instead make one feature-length episode as Season 2 DLC that follows what happens with Kenny/Jane/Wellington etc. with a good story. The episode, no matter what, ends with Clem looking for AJ, which segues nicely to TFS (Season 3, not 4).

• Alternatively, if I was lead on Season 2, among other things, I would make Clem end up in Wellington. The determinant part is who you end up in Wellington with. Right after shooting or not shooting Kenny, a tank or big vehicle rolls in, Clem crying and everything. Jane/Clem or Kenny/Clem head to Wellington, which is what my A New Frontier/Season 3 would be about. Essentially, Wellington becomes Richmond. And then comes TFS.

What ANF should have been: Focus on the relationship between Clem and Javi similar to Lee and Clem except this time she's a young sole su

• edited October 2019

So many things they could have done.

A New Frontier sure had a LOT of missed opportunities, it could have been this or that, it had potential but no just a rushed game none of the writers gave a shit about Kenny/Jane/Wellington.

Ghetsis posted: »

If I was lead on Season 3 (and not lead on Season 2, because why on Earth would you expect a game with 5 endings to have a solid continuatio

• Personally, I think I'd just have the Wellington stuff pay off more in general and continue moving forward.

• The writers cared. Listen to their commentaries. Specifically the one on ANF. The writers do a good job but they get told by higher ups to do it THEIR way.

So many things they could have done. A New Frontier sure had a LOT of missed opportunities, it could have been this or that, it had potential but no just a rushed game none of the writers gave a shit about Kenny/Jane/Wellington.

• That's the next in line.
    Gosh, why did they have to pick that episode?

The writers cared. Listen to their commentaries. Specifically the one on ANF. The writers do a good job but they get told by higher ups to do it THEIR way.

• Controversy. They said it themselves in the tag line. It was the best oppurtunity for the writers to explain how ANF should've ended if they had creative freedom

DabigRG posted: »

That's the next in line. Gosh, why did they have to pick that episode?

• The writers cared. Listen to their commentaries. Specifically the one on ANF.

Now that you mention it, you're right I remember watching that commentary on YT.

The writers do a good job but they get told by higher ups to do it THEIR way.

Well that explains it.

The writers cared. Listen to their commentaries. Specifically the one on ANF. The writers do a good job but they get told by higher ups to do it THEIR way.

• edited November 2019

It was the best oppurtunity for the writers to explain how ANF should've ended if they had creative freedom

Yeah, true, it sucks that what they ended up shipping with was not the product they wanted to finish, I'm 100% sure. It comes to show that they know and understand why ANF is not well received by fans and there's mixed reviews by that game.

Controversy. They said it themselves in the tag line. It was the best oppurtunity for the writers to explain how ANF should've ended if they had creative freedom

• edited November 2019

'Ey yo.

• Been a week, eh?

'Ey yo.

• edited November 2019

Yeah I guess

Been a week, eh?

• Anyway, I've still been listening to the commentaries from the definitive edition when I've gotten a break and taken note of a couple of things regarding the development. I will post some in a bit.

• I will post some in a bit.

Eight hours later...

"Well?...... We're waiting."

Anyway, I've still been listening to the commentaries from the definitive edition when I've gotten a break and taken note of a couple of things regarding the development. I will post some in a bit.

• The suspense is fucking killing me, we demand more info! :D

I will post some in a bit. Eight hours later... "Well?...... We're waiting."

• Yeah, I half forgot. And half went to write more. One second.

I will post some in a bit. Eight hours later... "Well?...... We're waiting."

• Okay, this is not complete, grammatically correct, or specific, but since you asked for it

Scott Porter was a fans of Kid Beyond, credit him for getting him through college

Cover in snow

Buricko and Vitality we're apparently real Russian

Doug had more scenes plan for episode two

Reggie scene were apparently recorded as quickly as possible because invotedbon yatch

More flashbacks episode two end of one. Dybanics

Fake ending monkey island

Fake trailer grave wood Clementine flower flower
    Black water gospel

Jane was originally supposed to have killed AJ in the snow

AJ was mandated to be killed of at one early point in Season 3s development

Christas mention at Wellington was added at the last minute

Pierre Shorette wrote Wellington

Adam Douglas based Salvadores flashback on memories of his recently passed grandfather

Jeff Schine had Skype session during first session, didn't even know it was a session

Bane reused beer

Jeff Schine considers Clem and Javis relationship a favorite

Melissa and Jeff both like Gabe(though the latter mom d). The latter acknowledges that part of it is the high standard Clementine sets when Julian points out all children get a lot if hate.

Melissa enjoys the color schemes and Julian likes the urban setting though it'd a challenge to write for

Ida Ned mudle mom
    Tara art director capricorn

The original, as mentioned during the AMA, had Javier, David, and the kids on the road when they encountered the Marauders(not their finalized name) and one would end up being branded so what's left of the family could survive among them.

There was a choice where Mariana or Gabe could die at one point.

Character interactions/development moments were often cut out and had to be fought for in favor of.

Ava/Tripp's death was mandated.

One of the cut interactions had Gabe, Clementeen, and Javier get into a joke off. Some were recorded and one ended up being used in TFS towards Ruby.

The couple were originally outside where the cat skull is but were moved because some likely wouldn't realize they had the key.

Marlon was more of a bully and Tenn was mute.

Violet had a Southern accent.

Omar and Aasim had some small talk in the finale.

Sullene was the original final boss, furious that she's the last raider. She would've had grenades strapped to her in part because they didn't think she was scary due to her height.

• edited November 2019

When you realize Gabe got a decent death scene with an emotional response from Clem because he wasn’t separated from the group and there was no longer any immediate danger, so they could get in their final goodbyes before taking care of him but not for Violet/Louis, because Louis/Violet get stuck on a bridge and eaten alive by walkers while Clementine’s down a leg and there are even more walkers approaching.

Oops!...

• I mean, that was supposed to be Javier's one time story, so....
    Though that obviously didn't extend to Kate.

When you realize Gabe got a decent death scene with an emotional response from Clem because he wasn’t separated from the group and there was

• Fun fact I just found out about through the commentary: it is possible to shoot Minnie during the bridge section, where she'll grab another walker to block the arrow.

• Listening to the credits songs and just thought about the tangent about who/what the each songs correlate to in the game. Any interesting thoughts, theories, or memories?

• Telltale's The Walking Dead has been named one of the best video games of the decade.

• edited November 2019

Not sure if this is an Un/popular Opinion but...

Personally I don't like S2 Kenny and S4 Lilly, they're nothing but assholes and trouble.

• edited November 2019

Unpopular Opinion from TWD: Season 2

Amid the Ruins

I know most people dislike Ep4 but I really liked that episode and most of all S2 Ep4 has one of the best trailers coming from S2, alongside Ep1 and 5 trailer.

My least favorite episode is and I know most may not like to know this but that award goes to "No Going Back" yeah, it's my least favorite out of all the episodes from S2, I'll never go back to play that ep again.

I'm gonna say it...

Amid the Ruins >>> No Going Back

Don't think this is unpopular but Luke, Pete, Alvin, Rebecca and Carver are my favorites characters from S2, the others are irrelevant to me. Nick, Carlos and Sarah are ok from the cabin group but still irrelevant.

• Both episode 4 and episode 5 are bad compared to the others. I honestly can't choose which one I prefer, but I guess Episode 5 because things actually happen that move the story forward, even if there are a lot of problems with those things.

Unpopular Opinion from TWD: Season 2 Amid the Ruins I know most people dislike Ep4 but I really liked that episode and most of all S2

• edited November 2019

Episode 5
    because things actually happen that move the story forward

(I don't know about that one chief)

even if there are a lot of problems with those things.

The problems are sooooo noticable that I can't stand the writing from that episode, I think No Going Back stuffers in the same territory as From the Gallows......

Ghetsis posted: »

Both episode 4 and episode 5 are bad compared to the others. I honestly can't choose which one I prefer, but I guess Episode 5 because things actually happen that move the story forward, even if there are a lot of problems with those things.

• edited November 2019

Amid the Ruins is worse than No Going Back just for the writers getting rid of Sarah and Nick in the worst possible ways possible,nothing you do in that episode matters,i like the survival aspect of it and having to find food and shit for the group but even that doesn't matter.

Like rebecca for example just dies anyway at the end of the episode even if you told Mike to get the water you got from the museum and if you told her to rest,it's stupid.
    Or if you don't cut off Sarita's hand at the end of EP3 she still dies,Kenny still blames you,and you don't even get to say goodbye to her.

So yeah No Going back has a lot of issues has well (the Russians from the beginning,Luke's death,Arvo) but it's still a hell of a lot better than EP4 and a satisfying conclusion to S2 imo.

Unpopular Opinion from TWD: Season 2 Amid the Ruins I know most people dislike Ep4 but I really liked that episode and most of all S2

• Kent Mudle states many times in the commentary episodes that the writing team had to cater to higher ups when writing the fates of characters. Ex. Kent said Tripp/Ava were supposed to live if they made it past ep.4 but higher ups wanted them both dead because, "There hasn't been that much character death."
    If you have time; I recommend watching the commentaries. They are quite inciteful and entertaining.

iFoRias posted: »

Amid the Ruins is worse than No Going Back just for the writers getting rid of Sarah and Nick in the worst possible ways possible,nothing yo

• Amid the Ruins has some interesting moments and themes, but the problems are that it decides to give solo much focus on Jane out of nowhere at the expense of every character besides Kenny and that the story to game play quite infamously shits the bed.

I personally considered In Harms Way the weakest, though.

favorite characters

I mean, there's precedent that Carlos and Sarah were supposed to be more important initially, but the rewrite and changes in direction left them hanging.
    But yeah, Nick has next to nothing to do with the story. Which is probably why he got the most development.

• edited November 2019

getting rid of Sarah and Nick in the worst possible ways

True I agree on that but I don't really care about them anyway, maybe Sarah a little bit but still they're irrelevant to me.

satisfying conclusion to S2 imo.

In my opinion that's the only best and strongest part of episode 5.

Who did you ended up with first time playing?

i like the survival aspect of it and having to find food and shit for the group but even that doesn't matter.

Those are my favorites aspects of the episode even if it doesn't matter, there's characters interactions and slow pacing.

Like rebecca for example just dies anyway at the end of the episode even if you told Mike to get the water you got from the museum and if you told her to rest, it's stupid.Or if you don't cut off Sarita's hand at the end of EP3 she still dies,Kenny still blames you,and you don't even get to say goodbye to her.

Despite these issues, it still doesn't take away the aspects I like from the ep.

So yeah No Going back has a lot of issues has well (the Russians from the beginning,Luke's death,Arvo) but it's still a hell of a lot better than EP4

It's like @Ghetsis said,

"Both episode 4 and 5 are bad compared to the others."

Which I agree, but in my personal perspective unpopular opinion, Ep5's problems are so noticable that I can't stand the writing from that episode, like the amount of stupidity that the group had siding with Arvo and fighting with Kenny (I don't like him but still he was right on certain things) made No Going Back not fun to play. Should have just killed Arvo and go to that town Kenny and the group were mentioning in Amid The Ruins, completely avoiding the group's disfunction and downfall later in the episode. That episode completely ruined my opinions on Luke, Bonnie, Mike, and Jane. Oh, and Fuck Arvo too! He can go to fucking hell and fuck that episode, at least the problems from Ep4 are less compared.

It's fine what you think, we have our own perspective opinions on certain things and feelings towards something we like or don't.

iFoRias posted: »

Amid the Ruins is worse than No Going Back just for the writers getting rid of Sarah and Nick in the worst possible ways possible,nothing yo

• Yeah i see what you mean.

Who did you ended up with first time playing?

Jane.

getting rid of Sarah and Nick in the worst possible ways True I agree on that but I don't really care about them anyway, maybe Sarah

• Season 2 had the best trailers for almost every episode, I loved em all, especially episode 2.

• Clementine's Journey

• edited December 2019

Wow, Reddit, way to reinterpret an already somewhat groteque event. On top of milking a character as a collective meme..

• If Telltale The Walking Dead was an Anime

(Lilly!)
    リリー !
    Rirī!

(I will not forgive you!)
    私はあなたを許しません!
    Watashi wa anata o yurushimasen!

• edited November 2019

While 'No Going Back' is my least favorite from S2, I'll say some positive things about it.

The opening shootout, campfire, Lee and the endings, also when you choose (I can't believe they did that) Kenny can come up and say "Yeah, well, they're gone now. Good fuckin' riddance." that can be implied that he took care of them...

• Someone on Reddit is doing character heights--holy shit, look at some of those discrepancies.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.