The shipping wars of 2015 are over. Rhys x Sasha is canon according to Borderlands 3

edited September 2019 in General Chat

Rhys X Sasha is canon. The shipping wars are over. R.I.P. Rhyiona shippers
@Poogers555 I'm so sorry
Also since Sasha's picture is from Tales it's likely she isn't in Bl3

This is a picture of Rhys' office in Borderlands 3, which is a location you can explore.

Comments

• edited September 2019

Nah, he keeps a picture of her because she's like a sister to him.
    It's a sibling thing.

• edited September 2019

Kinda expected this seeing how I doubt any of the writers are even aware there was a Fiona option.

At least Rhys in Borderlands 3 doesnt feel like real Rhys. (Have yall heard his regular speaking voice in some of these live streams? It sounds horrible and makes me really upset it isnt Troy)

Also has Fiona been shown off yet or even mentioned does anyone know? Im actually super surprised they shafted her so hard to the side.

• BL3 for GotY

• Kinda expected this seeing how I doubt any of the writers are even aware there was a Fiona option.

That's a bold statement. Even for you.

Poogers555 posted: »

Kinda expected this seeing how I doubt any of the writers are even aware there was a Fiona option. At least Rhys in Borderlands 3 doesnt

• I fixed the image to the best ship.

• I mean the whole game is very focused on the Rhys x Sasha ship and in order to get the option to say it you need to do it in a certain order of dialogue options or you miss out. Only like 5% got this so I wouldnt be surprised if most of the people working on BL3 arnt even aware it exist.

GSSalvador posted: »

Kinda expected this seeing how I doubt any of the writers are even aware there was a Fiona option. That's a bold statement. Even for you.

• RHYS-WINZ.EXE

• Now that Rhyiona has sank, I ship the only other real ship, Rhys x Dumpy.

OzzyUK posted: »

I fixed the image to the best ship.

• godDAMN

Which fine Rhyiona ship member has pissed into your cereal this morning?

• me lookin for Fiona in BL3 like

• I have come with a vision of the future from November 25th, 2034

• Thanks a fucking lot, Gearbox

• Do siblings actually do that?

BigBadPaul posted: »

Nah, he keeps a picture of her because she's like a sister to him. It's a sibling thing.

• sweet home alabama starts to play

Do siblings actually do that?

• Wait is Fiona not in the game at all? What does Rhys even do in the story. I get they can't be main characters but this just feels like they are mockingly waving a toy at us that we can't even reach. Maybe DLC?

• Me after seeing the game has released world wide and waiting until I can finally see a picture of Fiona in Bl3 if she is even in it

• edited September 2019

According to accurate leaks Fiona and Gortys are suppose to be in the game as NPCs but we still haven't seen them as of release or just in gameplay trailers. So either they are NPCs with super small roles (which is pretty disrespectful to their characters, especially Fiona's) or something changed and they arnt in it at all.

Rhys has a pretty large role in the story as he is now CEO of Atlus and his cooperation is fighting against Maliwan on one of the planets we visit, and he joins our fight from there. Vaughn is also pretty involved.

So Fiona and Sasha are for some reason not here. The photo of her kinda confirms Sasha isnt in the game seeing how its from Tales and Sasha was also never mentioned in leaks. So either Fiona is a super minor character which would be dumb, or she's a DLC character, which would be better but I wouldnt be the biggest fan of it as a main part of her character arch was she is a vault hunter who has other means of being a vault hunter than just shooting everything.

Wait is Fiona not in the game at all? What does Rhys even do in the story. I get they can't be main characters but this just feels like they are mockingly waving a toy at us that we can't even reach. Maybe DLC?

• It must be happening frequently.

To think that's the final post of the Rhyiona thread. Lot of ways I saw it ending and this is probably the worst one.

godDAMN Which fine Rhyiona ship member has pissed into your cereal this morning?

• edited September 2019

To think that's the final post of the Rhyiona thread. Lot of ways I saw it ending and this is probably the worst one.

Demeaning final comment and ship completely ignored in-game.
    Sounds about right.

• edited September 2019

Rhysha confirmed but Sasha isnt even in Borderlands 3

Fiona is either not in the game at all either or just a small NPC

MichaelBP posted: »

It must be happening frequently. To think that's the final post of the Rhyiona thread. Lot of ways I saw it ending and this is probably the worst one.

• edited September 2019

Romances aside, I would DESPISE Gearbox if they don't have (or minimally have) Fiona in the game.
    It's like only accepting half of TFTB to be canon.

Though if Fiona's not in the game, I'm holding out hope that they introduce her as a Vault Hunter. If they don't do that, then they've thrown away her most interesting story arc.

Rhysha confirmed but Sasha isnt even in Borderlands 3 Fiona is either not in the game at all either or just a small NPC

• I just want to go back to the good old year of 2015.

To think that's the final post of the Rhyiona thread. Lot of ways I saw it ending and this is probably the worst one. Demeaning final comment and ship completely ignored in-game. Sounds about right.

• It's fine, it's fine. It's not like I wanted to see Fiona again after all this time and for her to have at the very least a decent role in the story after the setup of her becoming a Vault Hunter in TFTB.

Yeah, considering there's nothing on her so far it's looking likely that either she's not in it or will essentially be more like a cameo. I had a bad feeling when she wasn't in the reveal trailer or the box art or any of the earlier media but I still held out hope. Sigh

Rhysha confirmed but Sasha isnt even in Borderlands 3 Fiona is either not in the game at all either or just a small NPC

• Yeah I feel the same. Its looking like she isnt in, which makes me think it means she will be a DLC character. Im not really the biggest fan of that though as like I said, a big point was she was a vault hunter who didnt need to be some over the top bad ass to do so.

If she doesnt appear at all then yikes, not sure why they decided to just not use the other main character in anyway.

AChicken posted: »

Romances aside, I would DESPISE Gearbox if they don't have (or minimally have) Fiona in the game. It's like only accepting half of TFTB to

• edited September 2019

tfw they just copy-pasted her image from the wiki.

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they said there won't be any DLC vault hunter this time around. And besides, I don't think it'd fit her anyway. She's just too sane to just go on a killing-spree, murdering thousands in the process.

But yes, I agree that she should be a major NPC. At this point I'm at least hoping for some kind of a Tales DLC with Fiona, Sasha, Loader Bot and Gortys all playing a major part. Hell, even August could join. I want to hear him complain that Zane stole his haircut.

Yeah I feel the same. Its looking like she isnt in, which makes me think it means she will be a DLC character. Im not really the biggest fan

• Game has been out for a while now and I still haven't seen Fiona so it looks like she isnt in, and if she is and no one has found her that is a really small role. Sadly I wont know full extent as I dont want spoilers like where Rhys and Fiona went as Im assuming it will probably be answered (although it already feels Tales involvement didnt really care about continuity and just put Rhys in Vaughn in with no explanation) maybe its a late game side quest from Rhys later on to find Fiona.

Also I think they said they were unsure if they would do Vault Hunter DLC but they probably still will. They are gonna want to make a lot of money off the games DLC and character DLC is going to be demanded and expected. But like we both said, I feel Fiona would have been best if she was part of the story as an NPC, not a VH.

Pipas posted: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they said there won't be any DLC vault hunter this time around. And besides, I don't think it'd fit h

• "My" Rhys would probably have a picture of his right hand on his desk. Ah well.

• So the reports are in...

It seems like Fiona isnt in the game at all or even mentioned

I mean surely shes hidden away in some echo-log somewhere right? Gearbox wouldnt just ignore the second main character right? haha...ha...

• okay

So the reports are in... It seems like Fiona isnt in the game at all or even mentioned I mean surely shes hidden away in some echo-log somewhere right? Gearbox wouldnt just ignore the second main character right? haha...ha...

• Heres hoping for a Tales from the Borderlands DLC campaign where they also get Troy Baker back as Rhys haha....haa....haaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pipas posted: »

okay

• edited September 2019

I really hope so, or at least some comment from Rhys about where she is...

Maybe wherever they went when they disappeared at the end of TFTB, Fiona didn't make it back.
    ...If only we knew. Silence is not a valid option here.

• 1.) Gortys not being in makes ZERO sense. She was in the leak that had all 4 vault hunters concept art and a ton of correct info... Leakbait or cut content maybe?

Also I thought they said in an interview there were 1 or 2 sidemissions about the ending of Tales that would give hints, so be patient. There's more.

So the reports are in... It seems like Fiona isnt in the game at all or even mentioned I mean surely shes hidden away in some echo-log somewhere right? Gearbox wouldnt just ignore the second main character right? haha...ha...

• inb4 people find that Fiona is in the game...as an easter egg... that you can only find by going out of bounds...

• Wait...Rhys' name, Rhys Strongfork, is a parody of Reese Witherspoon and she starred in Sweet Home Alabama... Gearbox are also going to make it canon that an ex girlfriend of his was his sister, aren't they?

sweet home alabama starts to play

• Is there an actual old picture leak of Gortys? I know she was leaked back with all those vault hunters and all that but I didnt know if there was an actual pic of her. I dont think it was leakbait it was most likely cut content seeing how everything in these leaks seems to be correct just that Gortys and Fiona seem to just not exist.

Yes, hopefully there are side missions, but who knows the extent of them. Im gonna be real bummed if they dont give the slightest explanation of what happened to Rhys and Fiona.

I wish I could be able to play now and find out for myself making it my only mission but Im still gonna have to wait a few days more. Sucks trying to find out if Fiona appears at all while trying not to spoil anything RIP

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

1.) Gortys not being in makes ZERO sense. She was in the leak that had all 4 vault hunters concept art and a ton of correct info... Leakbait

• I repeat myself from another thread, I am a happy man.

• edited September 2019

can confirm i've seen the full game and fiona's not in it
    And the only interaction between Rhys and Vaughn is a piece of art in the credits apparently

If they don't plan on making a dlc with the Tales character then i guess that's all we're gonna get.

RIP.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.