The shipping wars of 2015 are over. Rhys x Sasha is canon according to Borderlands 3

2»

Comments

• RIP the dream.

iFoRias posted: »

can confirm i've seen the full game and fiona's not in it And the only interaction between Rhys and Vaughn is a piece of art in the credit

• Im assuming this means there will be a Tales focused DLC and Fiona is going to be a Vault Hunter.

I just find it insane theyd just ignore Fiona. I thought for sure that if any characters were gonna show up it was either going to be just Rhys and Fiona or just Vaughn and Sasha and either they explain what happened to Rhys and Fiona and they are in the plot or there was going to be a side quest from Vaughn and Sasha about rescuing them.

can confirm i've seen the full game and fiona's not in it And the only interaction between Rhys and Vaughn is a piece of art in the credit

• edited September 2019

Tfw you show off concept art in your game's credits to show fans what could have been developed... :(

• Do they even explain what did Rhys and Fiona find in the Vault?

• So there is in fact an echo log where Rhys and Zer0 talk about Fiona or Sasha and their whereabouts.
    https://bandicoot88.tumblr.com/post/187724263363/audio-log-of-rhys-and-zer0-talking-about-sasha

I just hope that's a set up for a DLC, because otherwise that's pretty lazy lel.

Poogers555 posted: »

So the reports are in... It seems like Fiona isnt in the game at all or even mentioned I mean surely shes hidden away in some echo-log somewhere right? Gearbox wouldnt just ignore the second main character right? haha...ha...

• Very strange. Sad thing is, it sounds like its either Fiona or Sasha is missing not both, so one of them is still being completely forgotten in the story. Im assuming thats going to be DLC though, which is good at least. If they do one based on Tales Im sure theyll show up. I wont be surprised if they make it finding Sasha and Fiona is a Vault Hunter.

Pipas posted: »

So there is in fact an echo log where Rhys and Zer0 talk about Fiona or Sasha and their whereabouts. https://bandicoot88.tumblr.com/post/18

• This is almost definitely DLC bait, and considering the picture and Rhys’ reaction and desperation, I’m inclined to believe it is most likely Sasha.

Pipas posted: »

So there is in fact an echo log where Rhys and Zer0 talk about Fiona or Sasha and their whereabouts. https://bandicoot88.tumblr.com/post/18

• I think its probably Sasha and the reason why Fiona is just never mentioned at all is because she is going to be a DLC Vault Hunter who interacts in the story, thus why for some reason the second main character seemingly just "doesnt exist" because they dont actually exist yet.

This is almost definitely DLC bait, and considering the picture and Rhys’ reaction and desperation, I’m inclined to believe it is most likely Sasha.

• edited September 2019

I want to believe she will be a DLC VH, but I feel like if she is, then they’ll have to incorporate different lines for Rhys, considering they already know each other. The way Rhys originally reacts to meeting the VH’s and how he talks to them just would not fit with Fiona as the playable character.

My theory is that Fiona might not be a playable VH, but she will definitely be a major character in whatever DLC this is for as she and Rhys might be trying to find Sasha. Knowing Fiona, if her sister went missing, I doubt she’d still be doing any of the main events of the story, she’d be out there trying to look for her.

Zer0’s line to me is interesting, that no one vanishes unless they don’t want to be found. Makes me think she’s undercover and needed to disappear, hence why even Zer0’s spies couldn’t find her. What would be Sasha’s reason for going into hiding, what is she up to, and why does Rhys blame himself? I need answers damn it.

I think its probably Sasha and the reason why Fiona is just never mentioned at all is because she is going to be a DLC Vault Hunter who inte

• There better be a Tales Cast DLC. Tales fans were robbed with the BL3 narrative.

Really am disappointed by the Borderlands 3 plot. They brought back all the annoying characters like Tannis and Ellie but leave most of the fan favorites like Salvador, Athena, and Krieg in the dust. The Calypso Twins are fucking boring villains that don't even hold a candle to Handsome Jack. The new NPC's are mostly bad, like Lorelai and the whiny girl Ava.

Highlights of the game for me really were the returning characters that didn't suck. I really enjoyed seeing Vaughn, Rhys, Mordecai, and Brick. I'm really glad that they did the Tales characters justice and didn't fuck them up, even if Rhys' voice is a bit different.

We really shouldn't even be disappointed we didn't get August/Fiona/Sasha/LB/Gortys in base game. I'm just happy they didn't FUCK UP Rhys and Vaughn like ANF and TFS did to Clem.

• More Rhys Dialogue about Tales

• Ahhh tfw after all this time we get a definite answer RHYSHA 4 LIFE!

• I love how bro like Rhys and Zer0 have become

Very strange. Sad thing is, it sounds like its either Fiona or Sasha is missing not both, so one of them is still being completely forgotten

• Rhys' shirt creases remind me of Wolf 2 Bigby concept art

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

More Rhys Dialogue about Tales

• It really seems like Tales was an afterthought for Gearbox and Rhys and Vaughn were the only characters they wanted to use.

• Been playing the game now, Rhys and Vaughn appear in the early game and things like Zero being with Rhys make it so more thought was put in, so I dont think it was an after thought.

That being said, it feels like they kinda just picked out Rhys and Vaughn to be important and ignored a lot of Tales ending, Im assuming theres going to be a Tales focused DLC though

BigBadPaul posted: »

It really seems like Tales was an afterthought for Gearbox and Rhys and Vaughn were the only characters they wanted to use.

• I don't think so, Rhys is a huge character in the game once you get to Promethea (makes it even worse that they didn't get Troy Baker back. Like if it was a small part and he had a few lines I'd get it, but he's involved in a good chunk of the game). I'm heading back to Pandora right now and it seems like Vaughn is about to get involved once again, so I definitely don't think they were after thoughts.

Evidence is pointing towards a DLC involving, at the very least, Sasha and/or Fiona, other Tales characters might show up as well.

It really seems like Tales was an afterthought for Gearbox and Rhys and Vaughn were the only characters they wanted to use.

• There won't be a dlc focused on Tales. As much as it hurts, but Tales really isn't all that important to Gearbox. We're lucky we got Vaughn and Rhys in the game, especially considering how The Pre-Sequel got it way worse in that regard.

It is confirmed that we will see more returning characters in the dlcs and I'm sure Tales will not be completely ignored, but the truth is: Borderlands currently has so many damn characters, even the main characters from the previous games' got sidelined pretty hard. It's actually a miracle that Rhys and Vaughn have much bigger roles than Tiny Tina, Brick or Mordecai.

Fiona will 100% not be playable. I think Gearbox would want to create original characters as potential playable characters to have more flexibility in terms of skills, story and dialogue. Fiona being playable makes no sense because of the whole Promethea storyline and Rhys.

Been playing the game now, Rhys and Vaughn appear in the early game and things like Zero being with Rhys make it so more thought was put in,

• There is an echo log of Rhys wanting to find someone close to him who is missing that isnt answered in a side quest later in BL3, so I would say its very likely a DLC story will happen that will answer that question. It would also explain why Fiona is just non-existent and is treated as though she doesnt exist if they made her a Vault Hunter as they cant have characters talking about Fiona until she is actually in game because she is planned, but not as an NPC.

I wouldnt say its locked down happening, but its def possible.

GSSalvador posted: »

There won't be a dlc focused on Tales. As much as it hurts, but Tales really isn't all that important to Gearbox. We're lucky we got Vaughn

• Unfortunately Gearbox have said that they'd rather expand on the current Vault Hunters rather than adding new ones, so that seems pretty unlikely to happen any time soon.

As for the DLC story, yeah, I guess I could see it happen.

I still think that we should have had more Tales interactions within the game considering how hugely the game's story has shaped BL3's, and that it shouldn't be locked behind yet another pay wall, but eh...

There is an echo log of Rhys wanting to find someone close to him who is missing that isnt answered in a side quest later in BL3, so I would

• I guess time will tell because I have seen them mention they may not do more DLC vault hunters, but that statement was from months ago, and Im sure Gearbox likes money and more characters does get them some more. It would also need a new play through which is something they want as it means you have to play more of the game which may incite people to buy other DLC if they are going to replay now as another new character, opposed to making it so older Vault Hunters just have more skill trees that you can just load your older character up and respect and try out that play style instead of starting all over.

Unfortunately Gearbox have said that they'd rather expand on the current Vault Hunters rather than adding new ones, so that seems pretty unl

• So along with the ECHO, there is a line of dialogue from Rhys if you talk to him where he starts babbling about whether or not he’s been in love.

Again, really implying there will be a DLC that answers these questions down the road.

• inb4 they make Rhys a weird stalker for Sasha and Sasha denied him and thats why he's sad

So along with the ECHO, there is a line of dialogue from Rhys if you talk to him where he starts babbling about whether or not he’s been in love. Again, really implying there will be a DLC that answers these questions down the road.

• Tbh I could totally see that happen

inb4 they make Rhys a weird stalker for Sasha and Sasha denied him and thats why he's sad

• edited September 2019

If that happens, I will ride into Gearbox's headquarters on my meat bicycle, slit Randy's throat, fuck the wound, and flay his corpse. But that's not going to happen, because the two of them are in love and happily together, right?

And for the record, only two of those things are Krieg/psycho references, the other 2 are Slipknot lyrics. I listen to some weird music.

inb4 they make Rhys a weird stalker for Sasha and Sasha denied him and thats why he's sad

• Now that is something.
    He messed up his own haiku.
    This really is love.

Zero321 posted: »

https://youtu.be/ioUbu1mFJNg New ship incoming XD

• Me listening to Lorelei's voice

• You had one job Zer0... ONE JOB!!

• So it turns out in between the events of Tales and the opening of the Vault of the Traveler, Rhys tried to convince Marcus to buy in on ATLAS. Here's an ECHO log of Marcus talking about it. There's a funny line where Marcus makes fun of Rhys' appearance.

• edited September 2019

Glad they went with Sasha as the canon love interest and I’m hoping there’s a happy ending and closure in store for Rhys and this missing person. (Sasha/Fiona)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.