Tales From The Borderlands: Redux! - Leaked trailer!

Comments

• edited March 2020

Subtitles seem to be in order imo, plenty of Telltale games where a subtitle line goes way too fast or way too slow.

I think the sketchiest thing is the audio, but it is pretty consistent to the last video where the audio was pretty shitty even when there was no new voice lines. I just dont think it will be real though because like I said, a weird as hell amount of these just popping up. These ones are actually really cool though but I honestly feel like its SFM.

Voice work is interesting. Really hard to hear but Vasquez does sound like Warburton. Rhys I can barely hear though. However, a lot of people can do a Warburton voice so that should be kept in mind.

Also I am interested in why Vasquez is there and in a white suit lmao

booper posted: »

It's really suspect that the sound is fucked up; I'm assuming it's to stop us from being able to tell if Troy Baker and Patrick Warburton ar

• edited March 2020

Not to be devils advocate because I feel this is probably SFM as well, but that is probably more likely the camera. For example theres also a single frame that looks like this, which usually can happen when filming screens.

here as well

AChicken posted: »

That footage right there looks way too "Source Filmmaker-like" to me. The characters move a bit too fluidly. When Rhys checks his hand, it l

• I can’t hear any voices... it’s odd that the trailer had voices but not the gameplay when it’s the same monitorz

Poogers555 posted: »

welp this showed up on the same subreddit as the last one as well as the last other "Telltale leaks" account deleted like the last too but I

• One question though: has anyone ever been able to successfully export a telltale scene into Maya? The models can be exported but I’ve never seen a whole set transferred to SFM. Maybe we can track down where from TFTB/BL2 the background comes from.

• You gotta crank your volume up but people are def talking but its def hard to tell if the voice match especially Rhys

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

I can’t hear any voices... it’s odd that the trailer had voices but not the gameplay when it’s the same monitorz

• I guess the easiest way to confirm if it’s real is to keep an eye on the classification boards and hope it gets its rating leaked like Batman Shadow Edition, but I wish Telltale or Gearbox would come out and say something about this already. The trailer made it on several big gaming sites like IGN. You’d think that would be enough to get their attention.

• Based on his last line, I think the takeaway is that he’s not real and Rhys is going crazy from dehydration.

Subtitles seem to be in order imo, plenty of Telltale games where a subtitle line goes way too fast or way too slow. I think the sketchie

• edited March 2020

Maybe rhys is in the vault as he's wearing last episode's coat and his right eye is the same as episode 5. Maybe they can see and talk to dead poeple in the vault. Or if this footage is true, maybe in episode three vallerie wouldn't kill vasquez so that he'll be able to talk to rhys in future.

• Who knows out of context but I think booper is correct, seems like Rhys is seeing things due to dehydration.

Maybe rhys is in the vault as he's wearing last episode's coat and his right eye is the same as episode 5. Maybe they can see and talk to de

• edited March 2020

So noticeable things about this if true would be Vasquez seems to be back in some form but probably is still dead and is just Rhys' imagination. Rhys has noticeable stubble so it seems he's been stranded for a while, and his hand has 347 engraved on it. If this is fake at least it has some nice world building lmao

• edited March 2020

Another thing, whats exactly the symbol that has been tattooed on rhys neck? Was it in the original game?

• Rhys has always had the neck tattoo

Another thing, whats exactly the symbol that has been tattooed on rhys neck? Was it in the original game?

• Yes i just noticed. So is this clip supposed to show extra minutes of redux version?

Rhys has always had the neck tattoo

• Seems like this is suppose to be part of the "mini-episode" yes.

Yes i just noticed. So is this clip supposed to show extra minutes of redux version?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Rhys has noticeable stubble so it seems he's been stranded for a while, and his hand has 347 engraved on it

Makes me think they're trying to go for an Infinity Train parody.

So noticeable things about this if true would be Vasquez seems to be back in some form but probably is still dead and is just Rhys' imaginat

• Whats the context of the numbers in Infinity Train?

dojo32161 posted: »

Rhys has noticeable stubble so it seems he's been stranded for a while, and his hand has 347 engraved on it Makes me think they're trying to go for an Infinity Train parody.

• After some consideration, I'm fairly certain this is fake. It is well-done, but something feels off - and I can't really fathom why they would make this now.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited March 2020

People are magically taken to an infinite train when they're troubled by something, and the numbers reflect how much they need to work on their problem, it goes up or down based on whether or not they regress or progress. Very good show, I highly recommend it.

Whats the context of the numbers in Infinity Train?

• edited March 2020

Also I am interested in why Vasquez is there and in a white suit lmao

I'm also weirded out as to why they'll bring Vasquez back and give his suit a colour change, but from what I can gather:

One subtitle line has Rhys saying "You're not real".
    It's safe to say that he's stranded in the desert and hallucinating Vasquez. As for why he'd hallucinate him in a "heavenly" white suit, no idea.

I still think it's fake. There's just a bit too much here for Telltale to have worked on, no reason to go back to the Telltale Tool, and I don't see why TFTB needs a revival since TTG isn't prepped to work on it until Wolf2 is done.
    Gearbox obviously doesn't care since they haven't even put Season 1 back on digital stores.

Telltale making extra content for TFTB is one thing.
    Making a trailer for this new edition, and specifically ending it with the mysterious number 2 is a whole other can of worms. It's not happening.
    We're being manipulated.

Classification could prove me wrong tho, but I don't want to get my heartbroken by a scammer so that's why I'm so pessimistic about it.
    Sorry.

Subtitles seem to be in order imo, plenty of Telltale games where a subtitle line goes way too fast or way too slow. I think the sketchie

• I'd agree that the chances of this being real is super low- but its by far the most convincing so far (except for maybe that Wolf 2 game awards Batman shadows leak but that was disproved within 24 hours just due to the flow of time)

I mean I guess it kinda adds up with why Season 1 isnt on stores right now. If this was real Im assuming they'd want to put Redux on shelves instead.

I dont think Telltale going back to Telltale tool is that crazy either especially if its actually a "mini-episode." But you are right about general timeline, realistically I dont see how they could make this right now. Because not only would it be "Oh Telltale is doing this as they wait for AdHoc to finish a script" AdHoc is apparently involved with this meaning they stopped working on Wolf as well- so for that I dont see it happening like you said. And like InGen said, theres something about it feels off but I cant put my finger on it.

(also is the site acting really buggy for anyone else)

Also I am interested in why Vasquez is there and in a white suit lmao I'm also weirded out as to why they'll bring Vasquez back and

• Damn you, Devil's advocate! Those are some plausible explanations. Though they could all be false due to the general timeline of projects at Telltale, like you said.

(and yes the site is pretty borked for me too. i keep getting logged out on every 2nd site refresh)

I'd agree that the chances of this being real is super low- but its by far the most convincing so far (except for maybe that Wolf 2 game awa

• edited March 2020

Full disclosure, I’m not totally convinced that it’s real either, but to be totally fair, if the game has already been completed and is ready to drop like the footage suggests, it probably wouldn’t have taken AdHoc as much time time to work on it — especially if it’s just a short “mini episode”. If you’ve paid attention to their twitter, you’ll notice that they put up a job listing for another writer in January and only recently filled that position. I’m assuming the position was for Wolf 2, which tells me that they’re only really getting started with development now. It’s not totally unfeasible to imagine them working on something really short like a 30-60 minute mini episode for Redux in the months leading up to Wolf 2’s announcement.

What’s torpedos it for me are three things: money, licensing, and the sequel tease at the end of the trailer. The voice cast of Tales is made up of some pretty pricey actors, and to be totally honest, I really can’t see Telltale having enough money to afford Troy Baker, Patrick Warburton or even Ray Chase (if they brought him on to re-record Rhys’ lines in the base game) even for a short episode. Second, Tales’ IP is tied up with Gearbox. I can believe that AdHoc can put together the script for a mini episode and create it in less than half a year, but I can’t believe that they’d get negotiations with Gearbox settled that quickly or even work on it while discussions were still ongoing. Imagine if they already finished a script and started animating only to find out when they were 90% finished that Gearbox pulled out; it would be an insane cost and time sink.

And third, Telltale has said that their next project after Wolf 2 will be a totally new IP. I don’t take that to mean Tales 2 at all, so the sequel hook at the end of the trailer and all the “leaks” about it are flat out contradictory to what the actual company has said.

tl;dr: It’s very likely fake, but there’s an absolutely insane amount of effort put into it that makes me hesitant to completely write it off. If it’s the PN3/Tales/Wolf 2 leaker, he either must have a lot of time on his hands or he’s addicted to seeing his leaks picked up by news sites and wants to see how far he can take it.

I'd agree that the chances of this being real is super low- but its by far the most convincing so far (except for maybe that Wolf 2 game awa

• edited March 2020

Rhys whole upper body has a big tattoo, but you only see the neck in game. The tattoos always been there, You can see it in concept art from 2013.

It’s in BL3 too.

• It really seems like it's the same dude that made the Wolf Among Us "leaked" video.

How does one person have so much time to keep making all these leaks, and for what? A little bit of notoriety on the internet?

• Nobody:

Guy in quarantine with nothing else to do:

lupinb0y posted: »

It really seems like it's the same dude that made the Wolf Among Us "leaked" video. How does one person have so much time to keep making all these leaks, and for what? A little bit of notoriety on the internet?

• edited March 2020

You underestimate how much a “little” notoriety is worth. Actual reputable sites are picking this up. It’s really telling that this guy was quiet until his Wolf 2 footage started getting attention on YouTube and other gaming sites months after he posted it to reddit. The Tales and PN3 stuff only started dropping after people started mass PMing him once news sites started reporting it.

It really seems like it's the same dude that made the Wolf Among Us "leaked" video. How does one person have so much time to keep making all these leaks, and for what? A little bit of notoriety on the internet?

• I dont think voice acting would be a problem in terms of money. The AdHoc team is really friendly with Troy Baker and Laura Bailey and then Erin Yvette would obviously be back. Patrick is pretty big name and Im pretty expensive so he may be hard. (there is actually unused audio in the game files thats Warburton and Nick Herman and the rest of the team laughing and all getting along as he does his lines so Im sure they'd work together again. Obviously being friendly doesnt mean price drops but who knows. Im sure Troy would do it for cheaper considering he said he would specifically for Rhys.) So only Chris Hardwick would be the hardest to get again due to him being more busy then Warburton.

I suppose theres a chance everything has been worked on behind the scenes seeing how Gearbox still hasnt gotten it back on stores after saying they will. That was back in May and May was the same time New Telltale finally got everything in order (got the official social medias back, actually owned the site and Telltale IPs, it wasnt until August when they publicly returned.) So theres a chance the idea started that long ago seeing how New Telltale wants to still get IPs. As for a season 2 tease before their original IP, its possible its just planned for years later or hell maybe Gearbox is making it seeing how BL3 lead writer said they wanted to. As far as we know Gearbox wants an extra small set up added to Tales to set up their Tales 2 and are hiring AdHoc to do both. Because its an addition to an old game Telltale is involved. Telltale doesnt own AdHoc and they are only partnered so far for Wolf 2, meaning Tales 2 wouldnt be developed by Telltale.

Obviously Im just looking for any solution but theres way too many loops and knots to tie to make it work realistically. I guess anythings possible and this does have work done for it but I think the biggest issue is honestly time and resources. Too short amount of time has gone by for all this to happen in all honesty.

Full disclosure, I’m not totally convinced that it’s real either, but to be totally fair, if the game has already been completed and is read

• Isn’t Erin Yvette married to one of the AdHoc team members? I forget who but I think I saw it on Twitter, so it shouldn’t be a problem casting her. Chris Hardwick is good friends with Randy Pitchford and his wife, so he wouldn’t be hard at all, and they already got him for BL2/3.

I dont think voice acting would be a problem in terms of money. The AdHoc team is really friendly with Troy Baker and Laura Bailey and then

• You know Poogs... your knowledge on SFM is awfully suspicious... ;)

Nobody: Guy in quarantine with nothing else to do:

• Erin is married to Nick Herman so there would most likely be no problem at all having her return. Hardwick Im sure will come back with or without Randy but Im thinking mostly due to scheduling as apparently a big reason why Vaughn's importance to the story gets smaller in eps 3 and 4 because he was busy so he had to be in it less.

Isn’t Erin Yvette married to one of the AdHoc team members? I forget who but I think I saw it on Twitter, so it shouldn’t be a problem casti

• man I wish I could make anything half decent in SFM

You know Poogs... your knowledge on SFM is awfully suspicious...

• edited March 2020

tbh I think at this point it would be easier to just wait it out and see what happens. It would be one thing if it were totally mute, blurry footage like this guy's Wolf 2 trailer leak was, but this one actually has voice acting and, in the case of the trailer, professional editing. I'm not even that much of a Tales fan, but after watching all that, even I want it to be real.

The only way to tell if it's legit is to either wait for the rating to leak like Batman did, hit up members of AdHoc, Telltale or Gearbox and hope for a response, or just wait until summer. The original leaker said it was going to be announced around E3 along with PN3, and if it has fully voiced footage and a finished trailer, it looks like it's 100% done and ready to be dropped. But since E3's been canceled, I have no idea how that would affect an announcement/release.

I dont think voice acting would be a problem in terms of money. The AdHoc team is really friendly with Troy Baker and Laura Bailey and then

• Impressively fake if it is

• edited March 2020

To be honest, I can't hear a lick of voice acting from the Imgur clip. Just a bunch of high-pitched static, and I turned up my speakers to max.
    So I can't verify for myself if the voices are accurate.

But, as for this whole leak thing... The only way I can see any of this being real is if practically none of it is.

What I mean is: if this is the same Wolf 2 tease/Batman Shadows leaker, then most of this stuff is fake -- emphasis on the most.

The leaker got right that Wolf 2 would be unveiled again at the Game Awards (though that was a predictable Telltale guess) and that Batman: Shadows Edition was real (unless the classification came first, I forget).
    However, the gifs from the supposed "Wolf 2 teaser" were fake. Fabricated.
    Same with the Batman Shadows leak. Boasting of "enhanced graphics", and extra features like changing the skin of different characters -- such as a bearded Bruce Wayne. Plus, if you found all the Bonus collectables inserted in each season you'd unlock Bruce Wayne in just his underwear. What the f***? Yeah, sure, we'll just make a mockery of our gritty Batman game.

So, this Tales re-issue could be real, but it'll have a lot less things than the leak suggests, and might even differ completely to what is being shown.

• and that Batman: Shadows Edition was real (unless the classification came first, I forget).

Yeah the classification came up like a week or two before the "leak" if I'm right, so the guy had plenty of time to make up some stuff.

To be honest, I can't hear a lick of voice acting from the Imgur clip. Just a bunch of high-pitched static, and I turned up my speakers to m

• Never mind then! This leak could either be 100% real or 100% fake! The leaker in question has a 0% accurate prediction success rate, and I'm not counting the Wolf 2 tease since that was a Telltale given!

and that Batman: Shadows Edition was real (unless the classification came first, I forget). Yeah the classification came up like a week or two before the "leak" if I'm right, so the guy had plenty of time to make up some stuff.

• Imagine if you're wrong. You're probably right though. But Redux might be the reason why Gearbox hasn't even bothered to put Season 1 back in digital stores. I wouldn't be surprised if this is real.

Also I am interested in why Vasquez is there and in a white suit lmao I'm also weirded out as to why they'll bring Vasquez back and

• Telltale has said that their next project after Wolf 2 will be a totally new IP.

Their next project after Wolf 2. So technically this still works.

Full disclosure, I’m not totally convinced that it’s real either, but to be totally fair, if the game has already been completed and is read

• This is Bigby after being notified that Wolf 2 will be delayed because of coronavirus

man I wish I could make anything half decent in SFM

• I hate how thats probably reality

Ghetsis posted: »

This is Bigby after being notified that Wolf 2 will be delayed because of coronavirus

Sign in to comment in this discussion.