Tales From The Borderlands: Redux! - Leaked trailer!

13»

Comments

• You really think so? If they’re working from home, I don’t think development would get THAT far behind.

Poogers555 posted: »

I hate how thats probably reality

• So this dropped today. No BL3, which makes sense, but no Tales either which doesn’t. I can’t think of any reason why they’d leave it out unless it’s a rights issue or they’re saving it for some reason, maybe for a future re-release.

• edited March 2020

no Tales either which doesn’t.

Well, this is clearly just supposed to be a collection of the original FPS games in the Borderlands series, and how it all fits together well. Having a choose-your-own-adventure game as an epilogue to Borderlands 2 would be weird for a game package like that.

And yes, while Tales is very good and shouldn't be overlooked, Gearbox or 2K seems to want to separate themselves from the product Telltale made vs. what they made.

booper posted: »

So this dropped today. No BL3, which makes sense, but no Tales either which doesn’t. I can’t think of any reason why they’d leave it out unless it’s a rights issue or they’re saving it for some reason, maybe for a future re-release.

• I dont really think they would include Tales with that, doesnt really make sense to. It is strange there is no word on Tales though.

I dont know about Redux. Its honestly pretty convincing in both leaks but thinking time wise I dont know how it could have been made.

booper posted: »

So this dropped today. No BL3, which makes sense, but no Tales either which doesn’t. I can’t think of any reason why they’d leave it out unless it’s a rights issue or they’re saving it for some reason, maybe for a future re-release.

• I dont know about Redux. Its honestly pretty convincing in both leaks but thinking time wise I dont know how it could have been made.

With this Covid stuff, if it's happening, it could very likely be delayed, too, if employees are forced to work from home. (Though I haven't heard much about San Francisco being affected by the virus. Does Telltale still operate out of San Fran/San Rafael?)

I dont really think they would include Tales with that, doesnt really make sense to. It is strange there is no word on Tales though. I do

• edited March 2020

AdHoc is in LA and Telltale is in Malibu now. Doesnt really matter where exactly the virus is right now as all of California is in lock down and just in general its about stopping spread meaning places that dont have it at all yet want to actively make sure it doesnt infect their area.

But who knows how much this will affect Telltale. Both Telltale and AdHoc are so small it probably isnt that hard to work at home. Im sure its inconvenient as Hell but it is probably a lot easier for them than much larger teams.

(also just realized Telltale is located in Malibu but also Corte Madera which is kinda confusing as I dont know how or why they'd be split up like that. Corte Madera is really far away from Malibu. I kinda wanna know what happens in each area.)

AChicken posted: »

I dont know about Redux. Its honestly pretty convincing in both leaks but thinking time wise I dont know how it could have been made.

• They made a second office that was closer to the Bay Area since it was where all the former Telltale employees were located.

AdHoc is in LA and Telltale is in Malibu now. Doesnt really matter where exactly the virus is right now as all of California is in lock down

• Ah ok, wasnt sure what the purpose for 2 offices was seeing how it appears Telltale still has a very small staff.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

They made a second office that was closer to the Bay Area since it was where all the former Telltale employees were located.

• Sooo I have no idea what this means but Tales from the Borderlands was re-classified on the Australian classification board back in June of 2019

Does uh... does anyone know why it would say this?

(also worth noting Game of Thrones says it was classified April 2019. As far as I can tell these are the only games with sudden re-classifications)

• edited March 2020

Poogs bro you need to stop stalking me

I found the Tales thing 2 days ago and never mentioned it. Everywhere I go on subreddits like r/Gamingcirclejerk and r/borderlands3 and search anything Telltale related I see your name. Every time I go to the comments on a YouTube Video I always see “Dan Poogs.”

I swear you stalk my browser history.

Jokes aside, with BL3, I couldn’t help but notice that the individual episodes are all rated as M15+, while the whole season being reclassified in 2019 was rated as R18+, coincidentally a month after Tales was taken off shelves and 2k issued a statement.

My theory is that 2k tried for 3-4 months and dropped it or got distracted with BL3. We should try and get some attention about this, maybe by tweeting Randy?

Sooo I have no idea what this means but Tales from the Borderlands was re-classified on the Australian classification board back in June of

• edited March 2020

If its Telltale related you'll probably see me there, and youve replied to me before so Imma need you to stop stalking me buster !!!

About the classifications, what about Game of Thrones though? As far as I know no one wanted to pick it up at all. Is it at all possible New Telltale has been doing a bunch of behind the scene stuff and just for some reason havent fully obtained the rights or something? April - June was when New Telltale was getting the rights to IPs and the company as a whole. Maybe they were trying to get Tales and GoT as well but then decided to cut losses and went with Batman and Wolf as the "big IPs" they were gonna take out instead?

(also worth noting the re-classification still list Telltale and not Gearbox. The GOT one is pretty much just blank)

Poogs bro you need to stop stalking me I found the Tales thing 2 days ago and never mentioned it. Everywhere I go on subreddits like r/Ga

• On the support button in the bottom corner of the new Telltale, the games list has all the unsupported Telltale Games in the drop down menu EXCEPT Tales. Jamie said LCG was trying to obtain more licenses “in the coming weeks” back in late August. I think that Tales was LCG’s number one priority.

If its Telltale related you'll probably see me there, and youve replied to me before so Imma need you to stop stalking me buster !!! Abou

• edited March 2020

Wait what?

I just checked support and Im getting the priority games you'd expect to see and then Tales from the Borderlands. Then under more its everything else they own like Hector plus Minecraft Story mode and Game of Thrones as well even though they dont own Minecraft or GOT

(did you mean it has all the supported Telltale games but plus Tales?)

On the support button in the bottom corner of the new Telltale, the games list has all the unsupported Telltale Games in the drop down menu

• Alright so- lately I've been looking pretty deep into the files of Tales 1 and I think I can say this is fake without a doubt. It seems like August never had any kind of potential death. I know a lot of people thought he did but after seeing the grander picture of that scene it really doesnt look like there was an option, unless it got super deleted but I doubt it, if there was a choice to kill him there would most likely be some kind of left over part.

so rip redux bois

• I thought the August animation was from the “blow his mind” “break his heart” choice?

Alright so- lately I've been looking pretty deep into the files of Tales 1 and I think I can say this is fake without a doubt. It seems like

• You can read the side bar in the "trailer" where it says August is shot and killed by Fiona. I dont think that is the same animation as the break his heart.

I thought the August animation was from the “blow his mind” “break his heart” choice?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yeah, that was one part of the fake trailer I was pretty "Hmmm..." about, since I remember it was never mentioned in any interview regarding cut content, and I feel like that'd be a big one to mention.

Alright so- lately I've been looking pretty deep into the files of Tales 1 and I think I can say this is fake without a doubt. It seems like

• There was audio that implied Fiona killed August. But it was missing the Fiona and Sasha voice lines. But now viewing the whole thing and seeing the entire scene- Fiona 100% does not kill August.

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah, that was one part of the fake trailer I was pretty "Hmmm..." about, since I remember it was never mentioned in any interview regarding cut content, and I feel like that'd be a big one to mention.

• edited March 2020

You have no idea what hides in the files, recently a ep5 prototype build of GOTG was found and guess what it had in it, a bunch of WD3 stuff. Do you remember the WD2 release days? When we would look at steam depots and see it's builds were having like 2gb worth of content? Well literally that build had every location, every animation and every voice line they had at that moment, an uncleaned build you can say. The ep5 prototype of GOTG had WD3 animations, promotional art such as:

Even worse stuff like sk62_marianaTrappedFence_lungeJavier.anm

and
    sk63_action_clementine100ExitsHouse

I'm sorry to Kett for posting these without his permission but I wanted to prove my point.
    But it could be legit even now, Telltale was still cleaning the files a lot during Tales and such, hence you can't find a lot. Not to mention, remember 400 days? Tavia's chapter that is nowhere to be found in the original 400 days files, other than the Collection's.

Just take into account that telltale never leaves all the unused files in their games.
    EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do not want to post all of these stuff right now, like what has been found, InColdBlood will make a video about everything that you need to know.

• This seems to be true.

You have no idea what hides in the files, recently a ep5 prototype build of GOTG was found and guess what it had in it, a bunch of WD3 stuff

• No doubt this stuff is all over the files but before this August death scene was only known by August audio where it appeared August gets shot. But now knowing the full context being Sasha stops it from happening makes me think the chances of an August death actually happening is almost 0. I guess its still possible that it may have happened at one point and was deleted, but why delete just the death part but not the stand off part? That'd be like deleting only 1/10th a scene.

You have no idea what hides in the files, recently a ep5 prototype build of GOTG was found and guess what it had in it, a bunch of WD3 stuff

• edited March 2020

Maybe August was determinant, they were probably experimenting with AI behaviour? Like how they did with AJ in TFS where he changes the ending literally by what you taught him along the story in ep4, I have no idea. Some files slip out of their deletion process somehow, we still don't know a lot about how their telltale engine works and no research has been made of Tales at all. There's an server out there that you can help with and yea, not gonna leave an invite here, but you should know where to find it.

No doubt this stuff is all over the files but before this August death scene was only known by August audio where it appeared August gets sh

• The full scene is in episode 5 after Vallory is killed. If you warn her about the monster August will thank you for trying to save her. If youre mean to August Sasha tells you to leave him alone. It is revealed August never kidnapped Sasha but saved her. Then the 3 of them leave together. If you dont warn Vallory August gets mad at you and draws his gun and threatens to kill you. Sasha punches August to stop the stand off and Fiona says they never want to see him again. August is disappointed and sad as he doesnt actually truly hate them at least that what it seems. Not sure why they'd remove just the part of killing him. There is a "Fiona reaches for gun" option though, but its unclear if that would do anything or Sasha just punches August.

Maybe August was determinant, they were probably experimenting with AI behaviour? Like how they did with AJ in TFS where he changes the endi

• Eh i'd say this is definitely fake, but still a goddamn fine trailer.

• I think there are remains of this in the final game, Fiona tells the traveler her and Sasha took August back to Hollow Point to get his gunshot wounds patched up.

The full scene is in episode 5 after Vallory is killed. If you warn her about the monster August will thank you for trying to save her. If y

• Kinda- but the actual scene was going to be a stand off between Fiona and August until Sasha would come in between them and stop Fiona from killing him saying that August didnt kidnap her but actually saved her. Then based on choices you either leave with August and thank him for saving Sasha or you go your own separate ways without him. Its a bit complicated to explain as Im fairly certain this may actually be the version where August Fiona and Sasha all use escape pods to escape as well as it seeming like they wanted a potential set up August and Sasha getting back together., or at least drop that idea.

I think there are remains of this in the final game, Fiona tells the traveler her and Sasha took August back to Hollow Point to get his gunshot wounds patched up.

• Joe Swanson returns in tftbl redux

• now I know it aint but

what if it was

• Reminder that if Redux turns out to be real that means Poker Night 3 is most likely real too if we're assuming the leakers are the same person or are getting their info from the same source, and that's not a reality I'm prepared to live in.

now I know it aint but what if it was

• Anyway why profile picture of telltale was changed to Joker?!!

now I know it aint but what if it was

• To leave you wondering if Telltale will be the Vigilante or the Villain.

Anyway why profile picture of telltale was changed to Joker?!!

• This website which seem to be a big website, has both a "standard edition" and "REDUX" edition. Idk if normal people can just submit titles to this website, or if this confirms TFTB REDUX. Interesting to note is that the REDUX edition game cover has REDUX on it but not the in the colors from the trailer. Now this is seems pretty easy to photoshop, and if it is a fake fan-made trailer the person who created it could easily also create such a game cover. But i've not seen that game cover with that font anywhere else, and if it's fake why would he (or she) create a game cover without the colored font? (maybe just to throw us of?)

Would it be easy for someone to list REDUX on that webpage? maybe this site has a history of listing fake games i really don't know.
    https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/6672-buy-key-steam-tales-from-the-borderlands-redux/

• I wouldnt put much stock into it. Theres numerous cases of retailers mistaking things and putting leaks and rumors up for sale. That cover was made by whoever put it up there, Im also not that familiar with the site. Its most likely they just think its real and have a page set up for whenever it is "announced."

This website which seem to be a big website, has both a "standard edition" and "REDUX" edition. Idk if normal people can just submit titles

• edited May 2020

So there's apparently more i had no idea this existed until today https://i.imgur.com/YT0whU5.mp4

was watching a random video on youtube who linked me to this reddit thread (this was from a month ago) https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/fmgyn4/tales_from_the_borderlands_redux_clip/

Thoughts on this ? This is fake right ? lmao if it's fake (most likely is) he's pretty good at this ngl.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yeah, we've discussed that clip before, definitely fake.

iFoRias posted: »

So there's apparently more i had no idea this existed until today https://i.imgur.com/YT0whU5.mp4 was watching a random video on youtube

iFoRias posted: »

So there's apparently more i had no idea this existed until today https://i.imgur.com/YT0whU5.mp4 was watching a random video on youtube

Sign in to comment in this discussion.