Unable to Download Episode 2

I have tried to download Episode 2 on the PS5 but I'm getting an error stating its not available for purchase. However i've been playing Episode 1 on PS5 with no problems, and it allows me to download Episode 2 on the PS4.

Really confused as it it shows that I have the PS5 version

Comments

• Same on my Xbox series X. Tried reinstalling and actually I thought it might not have been releases, yet, but the I saw some reviews are already in the forum. But I still can't download it.

• edited August 2023

Same for me on my XSX. For me episode 2 looks like it just doesn't exist. It has no pictures and says not currently available. Its the same if i look at th3 Deluxe Edition part of the deluxe bundle but it says manage for me instead of not currently available. I thought it might be me.

• Same on XSX. I put in a a support ticket but whatever. At this point I'm tempted to just uninstall it and write Telltale off. After their error with the time of availability for the first episode for people who bought the Deluxe Edition, this is just another nail in the coffin. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

• edited August 2023

Yeah, I can see the Hunting Grounds episode in both the standard and deluxe bundles on the Xbox store, but can't see a way to actually get the 10MB key to download; not from in-game or directly.

• Am I being dense? Go into the game and toggle to chapter 2, it says “open store”, click that it takes me to the Xbox store where is just says “you already own this game”.

How do I download the new chapter???

• Joined the forum specifically because I’m having same problem on my Xbox Series S. No episode 2 to be found. Can we get a response from Telltale? This the company forum for crying out loud!

• When I go into it, it only shows chapter one, when I toggle over to Chapter 2 there is nothing at all. Not even an open store I submitted a ticket and just got told to do what I've already done. I've reinstalled, redownloaded my licences, restarted.

What's stupid tho, if I download the PS4 version it allows me to download Episode 2 for that. But I got it for PS5

• I submitted a ticket too and they said
    PS4/PS5
    (PS5 only) Highlight the game icon on the PlayStation dashboard and scroll down to the add-ons section. The episode should appear here.
    Xbox (All Consoles)
    The episode should download automatically. However if it doesn't, press the Menu button on the game icon and select Manage Game and Add-Ons. It should appear in the list here.

UKVampire17 posted: »

When I go into it, it only shows chapter one, when I toggle over to Chapter 2 there is nothing at all. Not even an open store I submitted a

• That didnt help tho....

Jackdaw2017 posted: »

I submitted a ticket too and they said PS4/PS5 (PS5 only) Highlight the game icon on the PlayStation dashboard and scroll down to the add

• edited August 2023

Emphasis on 'should' appear in the list. No amount of telling us to try those things is going to work if the episode hasn't been released properly.

Surprised they've messed it up on two platforms though. I'd got used to it only happening on the one.

• Me too. PS5 and xbox series s and x dont work. Its only next gen

Dale posted: »

Emphasis on 'should' appear in the list. No amount of telling us to try those things is going to work if the episode hasn't been released p

• Telltales twitter says if we still have problems sent them support tickets

• On the PS5 it downloaded from the link on the Dash to the right of Play Game

• I'm having the same problem on Xbox Series X. I can see Episode 2 in the Season Pass on the store, but I bought the Deluxe Edition and it says I don't own the season pass. The only add-on it shows me having is the Deluxe Edition, and I can't do anything with that to download the 2nd episode.

• It's goddamn insane. By paying MORE money for Deluxe edition I get the delays for episodes on Xbox Series X. Jesus Christ Telltale, Deck Nine, whoever. Get your shit together.

• So who on this page bought the deluxe edition? Or are other edition having problems too?

• Deluxe edition here, no way to download on XSS

So who on this page bought the deluxe edition? Or are other edition having problems too?

• I bought deluxe on XBX. So it seems like it might be next gen deluxe edition that has problems.

• I have the issue as well on XboxOS

I bought deluxe on XBX. So it seems like it might be next gen deluxe edition that has problems.

• Hmm. Hopefully TellTale fixes all these problems soon

purguy posted: »

I have the issue as well on XboxOS

• If you made a support ticket and they emailed you can you just reply to that email or should you send another ticket?

• I'd have thought replying to the email would tie it to your existing ticket.

• Me too but idk if they received it or not.

Dale posted: »

I'd have thought replying to the email would tie it to your existing ticket.

• You should just need to reply to the email, it has the ticket number on the email so it should be matched up. Meanwhile we are sat like losers not being able to play

• Ok thanks and yea this sucks. Idk what to play

UKVampire17 posted: »

You should just need to reply to the email, it has the ticket number on the email so it should be matched up. Meanwhile we are sat like losers not being able to play

• Bought the deluxe version on Xbox Series S still not available

• edited August 2023

https://www.reddit.com/r/telltale/comments/15md3wq/why_cant_i_play_episode_2_of_the_expanse/
    Some one from TellTale replyed to this its not super useful but basically said they know there is issues and are working on it. But that was posted a day ago now.

• They need to focus on Episode 3 as soon as they resolve Episode 2. They said they didn't want to release this game without it being 100% complete first. Well they didn't focus on the downloading issue parts.

• Deluxe edition in Xbox Series X here. Even now, one day after release, no chance to download episode 2.

• Looks like everyone who bought deluxe version is having problems, since we don’t have access to the Season Pass, or something like that. Seems like a real rookie mistake to me. Not a good look for Telltale.

So who on this page bought the deluxe edition? Or are other edition having problems too?

• Agreed. They said on Twitter and reddit that it should be fixed. But still cant do anything. Hopefully tomorrow will be better

Siddad360 posted: »

Looks like everyone who bought deluxe version is having problems, since we don’t have access to the Season Pass, or something like that. Seems like a real rookie mistake to me. Not a good look for Telltale.

• Seems that work around is for those who are able to download the episode at least on PS5.

• I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition for the Xbox Series X.

Had to uninstall and reinstall the game (the preload had included the key file for the pre-order bonus episode) as the preload wouldn't acknowledge any button press on the game title screen. The uninstall and reinstall removed the key file for the pre-order bonus episode.

Played through the first episode and have been waiting for the second episode to release, which (as everyone knows) has been royally fucked up. And to rub salt into the wound, there's bugger all comms from TellTale - not even a public acknowledgement that there is an issue.

I've just checked my Xbox and there is still no Ep.2, nor the now absent Bonus Episode, nor any key file for the season pass.

I'll play through the game to completion as I really like The Expanse, but I will never purchase anything from TellTale every again.

• edited August 2023

They did acknowledge it eventually. There's both a tweet and a subreddit post.
    Jackdaw posted the tweet image above (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3NyDWnacAA4LyV?format=jpg&name=medium)
    and there's also https://www.reddit.com/r/telltale/comments/15nvn6g/xbox_ep2_fix/

However, not seeing any change yet personally.

GLH4213 posted: »

I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition for the Xbox Series X. Had to uninstall and reinstall the game (the preload had included the key file fo

• edited August 2023

Managed to miss both of those.

Still won't be purchasing anything else from TellTale unless they drastically improve away from this highly 3rd rate performance. They made a really big noise about ensuring everything was in place for the game's release. Everything that is except for the actual release...

• So, as far as I can see, no change of the issue (XBOX, Deluxe), whilst...
    support-tickets go into a void,
    existing "acknowledgement" is in past tense "we've been working", "fix has been submitted"
    and in general communication is basically 0.

I would say one can feel greatly comforted as a customer with such extraordinary attention and interaction.

Does anyone have some news maybe?

• I doubt we'll hear anything else until staff are back in the office. It's still the early hours of the morning in California.

• XBox Series X Deluxe Edition- i can't download Episode 2. That's so frustrating :( ......

• edited August 2023

Erik_Telltale  commented 10 min. ago

Xbox fix is still in queue, we're contacting Xbox to try to get this through asap and we'll be working on this until it's through. Very sorry for the delay.

https://www.reddit.com/user/Erik_Telltale/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.