Can you immitate a Homestar character voice?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I'mmmm back! Clay models = not now. Don't want clay to dry, do I? Due date: Maybe next year. Where's more auditions? I've been checking my inbox, and still only the first two. You say you can do a voice, then let me hear it!
  • edited October 2009
    I say you make a deadline for the auditions. Like, sometime early November?
  • edited October 2009
    You know, I would do the voices now..and then after all the voices are recorded, due the clay modeling.
  • edited October 2009
    i used to be able to do bubs. i can still do crack stuntman, 1-up, and original bubs, though!
  • edited November 2009
    Dedline = Nov. 28th
  • edited November 2009
    Can you post a shortlist ofthe best impersonations you've heard so far?
  • edited November 2009
    Unfortunatly, the best I've gotten so far are all of the two I got so far. We'll see how it rolls.
  • edited November 2009
    Ben Again wrote: »
    Unfortunatly, the best I've gotten so far are all of the two I got so far. We'll see how it rolls.

Woo! I was one of the best!
  • edited November 2009
    which characters did you get so far?
  • edited November 2009
    I guess all of them. It's still open for all characters.
  • edited November 2009
    i shall send something in then.
  • edited November 2009
    Hmmm... :)

Who would YOU cast me as?

Honestly, I'd love to see you do bubs or Strong Mad. :P
  • edited November 2009
    Boond you like I make a Compé computer simulation in flash?
  • edited November 2009
    Boond I? That'd be cool, and usefull for everybody, but A) My movie ain't flash, B) No sbemails in it (I think), and... yeah. I'm not saying don't make it, that'd be awesome! Just, I wouldn't have anywhere to put it in my movie.
  • edited November 2009
    Even if it isn't flash, no one is saying youncant have a flash part. Diversity, man! And I just remembered there being no sbemails in your script. Remind me again, I did a good homestar and coach z, right?
  • edited November 2009
    I think so. Maybe. Probably.
  • edited November 2009
    Ooh! Ooh! I can do a Shark-Tooth Bubs voice! Has anyone ever thought of that?
  • edited November 2009
    Got any dates? First you should make (or post) of a movie like preview...or something. But worry about that when your like half way done with your movie.
  • edited December 2009
    Ok, this is sorta a bump, but there's an update. New vocal audition deadline: 2010. At the beggining of it. Plans have been slowed due to crapload of schoolwork. Plan to blast forward during Christmas Break. Maybe even release preview then, at least work on it. VOCALISTS STILL WANTED!!! It's not like I can get Matt! (or can I?)
  • edited December 2009
    Great. I forgot to send mine in. More time=Uhh... Nevermind
  • edited December 2009
    VOCALISTS STILL WANTED!!! It's not like I can get Matt! (or can I?)

Or can you? Nah...
  • edited December 2009
    Am I still the best homestar?
  • edited December 2009
    I bet this is going to be awesome.
  • edited December 2009
    DWaaAAAaaAAAaAAA my homsar is pretty good, I is great at old strongsad
  • edited December 2009
    Still not seeing new entries... :S
  • edited December 2009
    OK, I will have mine in by next week sometime. If I don't, then you can all kick me in the shins several times.
  • edited December 2009
    idea: i think I could help with the judgeing? (not just because id give myself every part, but id make sure everyone got told they only got rejected because i was much better :D
  • edited December 2009
    My Strong Bad is alright, although my brothers' Coach Z is unbelivable. You'd think that Matt Chapman was in the room.
  • edited December 2009
    So e-mail it to me! All of you! Incase you didn't read the front, this is a voice actor recrution! Gotta re-title this...
  • edited December 2009
    I think I might retry. I think my voice has changed, but i'm not too sure. None have mentioned anything, and none shall!! mwahahahaha... erherm...
  • edited December 2009
    I said I'd get to work on a trailer on the holida break, and I've already started! Here's the script. Tell me your thoughts:

Script for The Robbery’s Teaser

[Homestar wakes up in bed, and in a scene similar to that of Homestar Presents: Presents, realizes he forgot to set his alarm.]

HOMESTAR: Oh, cwap! I got a date with Mawzipan today!

[He jumps out of bed, kicks off his bunny slippers, and runs into the bathroom. In there, he splashes his face with water to get rid of the cinnamon. Then he takes off his housecoat, and just as he lifts his ducky shirt, the camera quickly pans to the window. A little later the camera pans back to Homestar, as he just finishes putting on his star shirt. He runs to the kitchen, puts a slice of bread in the toaster, and as it toasts, he makes a quick call to Marzipan.]

HOMESTAR: Uh, Mawzipan? I’m sowwy, I’m gunna be late fow ouw date again. Stupid alawm clock bwoke again. I’m leaving wight now, and I’ll be thewe in a minuet. Se you soon, sugar plum!

[Just as he hangs up, the toast pops up, and Homestar eats it in one bite in mid air. He puts his hat on, and runs out the door. He trips over a large bag sitting on his front walkway.]

HOMESTAR: Offf... What the cwap? Who left this hewe? (Notices the dollar signs printed on it) Hey, wait! I know what this is! I won the lottowy! Weee! Wait, it might be a twick.

[He removes the rope holding it shut, and stares in awe at the bundles of 100s and bricks of gold within.]

HOMESTAR: *ghasp* …YES!!! I DID win! I don’t need a giwlfweind! I can afford all the ladies I want! Why? ‘Cause I’m rich! Yip-eee!

[Cut to promo art. Fitting music. End.]
  • edited December 2009
    I'm Planning on posting my skillz in voicing all the characters in the entire script beginning to end..... well almost it cut out the last 4 to 5 minutes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbrt7W25xSc so here you go.
  • edited December 2009
    Well... your voices sound awesome, but the microphone is crap! From what I heard, your imitation of Strong Bad was really good, and your Homestar was spot on!! Though, It was hard to hear much of anything with the background noise (Wind and such) and low qualities. Your other videos sound better. What happend?

Oh, and the script's been updated. Check the first page.
  • edited December 2009
    Don't worry I'll post another one, It was late and I just used my crap for crap web cam.
  • edited January 2010
    PRODUCTION UPDATE: ...well, I didn't get the teaser done. But it's hard to work with Christmas happening! And now there's a science project... The whole movie will be done by the end of this summer I HOPE... and the teaser on March Break. Auditions for voice acting will be open 'till I get the video part of it done.
  • edited January 2010
    PRODUCTION UPDATE: ...well, I didn't get the teaser done. But it's hard to work with Christmas happening! And now there's a science project... The whole movie will be done by the end of this summer I HOPE... and the teaser on March Break. Auditions for voice acting will be open 'till I get the video part of it done.

That's USA summer, right? So, start of September... If all goes well?
  • edited January 2010
    That's USA summer, right? So, start of September... If all goes well?

Well, I think Canada and the USA have summer at the same time, soo... :p
  • edited February 2010
    Well, I think Canada and the USA have summer at the same time, soo... :p

When he said "USA Summer" I think he meant "Northern Hemisphere Summer."
  • edited February 2010
    When he said "USA Summer" I think he meant "Northern Hemisphere Summer."

Yeah, well it is hard to know this in Australia
  • edited February 2010
    I don't think my Homestar/Strong Bad is ANYwhere near good. But if you ever need me, I do a pretty kick-awesome King of Town!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.