Crap Fan Art Thread

Comments

• edited November 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    call me crazy if you want

CRAZY!

...ahem, anyway. I just pulled up a screenshot of the monkey head and did my best to copy Purcell's outlines. I was also going to draw Guybrush's hand pointing at the monkey head with his thumb, but after a few failed attempts, I ended up trying to copy the sprite.

I think the reason I excel at sprite art is that there's a sort of rigidity to it that I don't find with a pencil and paper. I'm confined to pixels in a grid and there's a lot less room for play with things like lines. I do have some room to play, but usually I find that there's only ever one way that it looks right, and it's just a matter of settling certain pixels into the right place. Maybe I'll try spriting Guybrush in my own style (and by my own, I mean Nintendo's style for the Game Boy Zelda games) and see if I can save the process to show you what I mean.
  • edited November 2009
    I know exactly what you mean .... I do not like doing any art without a reference... otherwise poses and anatomy start looking too unnatural.
  • edited November 2009
    When you do lots of gestural work, especially involving going to a populated area and capturing actual people going about their business, you eventually tend to get a more natural understanding of how the body and posing work enough to not need a reference every time.
  • edited November 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean .... I do not like doing any art without a reference... otherwise poses and anatomy start looking too unnatural.

Hehe, I didn't use a reference for anatomy on my pixel drawing I showed you guys, hehe, so you know that I too need to use one. :p

^^ Prob true, I am actually a lazy artist, don't do art work often.
  • edited November 2009
    lovez.jpg
    turned into
    winslowlove.jpg
    which turned into
    winslowlove-1.jpg
    and finally
    winslowlove-2.jpg

Pretty crappy, no? It's not even fan art!
  • edited November 2009
    You forgot Murray.
  • edited November 2009
    hahaha
  • edited November 2009
    I posted this in the other fanart thread long ago but anyway...

picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1695

:P
  • edited November 2009
    Scrawffler wrote: »
    I posted this in the other fanart thread long ago but anyway...

picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=1695

:P

ah wow thats kool!
  • edited November 2009
    so cuuuute
    i remember it
    ^^
  • edited November 2009
    Jeah totally cute... you should do a comic with him "adventures of young stan" or somthing :)
  • edited November 2009
    nouveau-1-ccd8038b91.jpg

It's crappy !!! My contribution to this fantastic thread!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Aside from the awful McDonalds colors it doesn't belong in this thread.
  • edited November 2009
    Hahaha, those teeth.
  • edited November 2009
    PecanBlue wrote: »
    This quick concept art for example, is all done by the free version of OpenCanvas.
    Yeah, but... but... the NON-CRAPPY THREAD IS OVER THERE!!1!elf :D
  • edited November 2009
    guimero64 wrote: »
    *picture*

Did Guybrush and Max have a baby?
  • edited November 2009
    Leak wrote: »
    Yeah, but... but... the NON-CRAPPY THREAD IS OVER THERE!!1!elf :D

SORRY! Yeah, it's already posted over at the other thread, I was just using it as an example so people with less money to burn could look into the wonderful free OpenCanvas.
  • edited November 2009
    winslow.JPG
    It's crappy AND unoriginal. Duble win.
  • edited November 2009
    I wish I had chosen Le Chuck instead of Purple Tentacle for my halloween pumpkin this year. I could have submitted a crappy pumpkin to the thread
  • edited November 2009
    dssol.jpg

Why yes, there is a peg leg in their.
  • edited November 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    Here I have an alternative, but not animated look for the mini-»I wonder what happens IV«
    lol2.jpg
    :3

lol great

could you tell where that piece of music comes from, sounds like some arcade or NES games music
  • edited November 2009
    It's from Sam and Max, if I recall correctly.
  • edited November 2009
    continuing with a crappy unfunny short comic draw :cool:

73120339.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    'love it
  • edited November 2009
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    It's from Sam and Max, if I recall correctly.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's one of the victory tunes Chippy makes in Reality 2.0...
  • edited November 2009
    oh no noogie you must get awaywhatisthisidonteven.jpg
  • edited November 2009
    Irishmile wrote: »
    guimero64 do you mind if I give you a tip? Try using multiple layers when you paint keep your line art in a different layer... then in the layer right below that you can paint all your color.... that way you are not auto filling anything and it will look cleaner.... also then you can color in solid colors then use the selection tool to select parts you want shaded and do that with the color and hue adjust... These are not the best ways to do things but they are easy.

Crappy Morgan...
    testmorgan-f20d843276.jpg

I tried it... now am going to do a whole pic with this method...
  • edited November 2009
    guimero64 wrote: »
    Crappy Morgan...
    testmorgan-f20d843276.jpg

I tried it... now am going to do a whole pic with this method...

That's better than some people could do in a life time, lol...do you have confidence issues? That is not crap, my friend. By far not your best work but not at all crap. You have so much potential, you got it man, you progress quickly, you are passionate and forever working, you have the potential to be a elite artist because you are so productive and want it so bad even we can feel it.

I'm ashamed of you, to post in here... :p
  • edited November 2009
    That's better than some people could do in a life time, lol...do you have confidence issues? That is not crap, my friend. By far not your best work but not at all crap. You have so much potential, you got it man, you progress quickly, you are passionate and forever working, you have the potential to be a elite artist because you are so productive and want it so bad even we can feel it.

... :o
  • edited November 2009

Yeah! Sheesh Guimero! Learn to be more crappy! Follow my lead! A few tips: lack artistic talent, and try to draw something in under one minute. Voila! Crap!
  • edited November 2009
    Tpravetz wrote: »
    Yeah! Sheesh Guimero! Learn to be more crappy! Follow my lead! A few tips: lack artistic talent, and try to draw something in under one minute. Voila! Crap!

or... you can try to draw with your foot
  • edited November 2009
    EllisonPav wrote: »
    or... you can try to draw with your foot

Your left foot!
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah, because if you draw with your right foot, it will become a Picasso.
  • edited November 2009
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Yeah, because if you draw with your right foot, it will become a Picasso.

Uhhh... Sure....
  • edited November 2009
    Draw with your left foot!
    Alright. Here's one I did with my right foot (since I don't have a left foot):
    bugeye%20by%20foot.png
    Let's see if anyone can guess who it is.
    Art look like it was by Picasso? Check. Crappy? Nope, you failed!
  • edited November 2009
    apenpaap wrote: »

Well that's obviously Bug-eye!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    Tpravetz wrote: »
    which turned into
    winslowlove-1.jpg

Pretty crappy, no? It's not even fan art!

If the arrow between Winslow and Everything went both directions, this would be a perfect match to the season-arc diagram we have up in the small conference room.
  • edited November 2009
    Bit spoilery so link
  • edited November 2009
    Bit spoilery so link

... Why don't people understand that this is a crap thread?

Makes me wonder if people crap in their sinks instead of their toilets...

That's not BAD art...:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2009
    Bit spoilery so link

This has made my day. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.