GameStooge Awards honor Wallace & Gromit with 4 nominations

edited December 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
http://www.gamestooge.com/2009/12/01/2009-gamestooge-award-nominees-announced/

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures was nominated for:

Best Adventure Game of 2009
Breakout Character of 2009 - Duncan McBiscuit
Best Writing of 2009
Best Voice Acting of 2009 - Ben Whitehead (Wallace)

Congratulations, Telltale.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    TOMI deserves Adventure, Duncan DOES not deserve character, it DOES deserve writing, but I'm not sure about VA.
  • edited December 2009
    TOMI deserves Adventure, Duncan DOES not deserve character, it DOES deserve writing, but I'm not sure about VA.

It will get it in 2010..or maybe sam and max will...someones getting it.
  • edited December 2009
    I think that Tales is a good deal too inconsistent puzzle-wise to get Adventure. While it has individual puzzles that are better than ones in Wallace and Gromit, I really feel like Wallace and Gromit had a much more logical flow to it. I also couldn't say that nominating what is essentially a partially-finished game as the best adventure is something only a die-hard fanatic would do.

Writing it definitely deserves(the nomination, anyway), considering we didn't get a Sam and Max this year. The writing was overall quite excellent, varied, well themed, and it just fit the claymation shorts really nicely.

Considering that SBCG4AP got the award for best voice acting from Adventure Gamers, I think an official Wallace replacement voice can get best voice acting. Voice acting is generally not that great in games, and Telltale actually does set a pretty high bar in that regard.
  • edited December 2009
    Duncan? Well, I honestly wouldn't call him the breakout character...

That role definitely goes to the Deduct-o-Matic. That invention was a Greek tragedy.
  • edited December 2009
    I think Monty Muzzle deserves breakout character, tho i'm not entirely sure about Ben Whitehead's voicing. He was good, but no one could ever voice him just like Peter Sallis
Sign in to comment in this discussion.