In ALMD, was it just me or was...

edited December 2009 in Sam & Max
In Abe Lincoln Must Die, was it just me or was the president a parody of Bill Clinton?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I think he was meant to be a parody of a lot of people. The "unless they're secretly sitting on stockpiles of pudding- and oh yes, we will find them..." sounds like the kind of things I heard after I became old enough to pay attention to international politics, for example. Which was after Bush was voted in. The second one.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    I'm pretty sure he was an amalgam of presidents, to just become "the president." I think you can hear Bush, Clinton, Bush, Regan, and Carter in there if you listen.
  • edited December 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he was an amalgam of presidents, to just become "the president." I think you can hear Bush, Clinton, Bush, Regan, and Carter in there if you listen.

wow, all the way back to carter... I recognized Clinton and when I think about it I think I heard some of bush and bush in there, but I'm too young to remember the others.... (well technically I could remember regan, but I was too young to pay attention...)

Thanks for clearing that up!
  • edited December 2009
    I caught Bush, Bush and Clinton*. There was one specific line that strongly reminded me of Regan, but I can't remember what it is now.

Great game, Abe Lincoln Must Die!.

*Yes, I love dumb things like that. BBC. Hurhur.
  • edited December 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Regan, and Carter in there if you listen.

I must've missed those references to "The Sweeney", then.... :D
  • edited December 2009
    So... Max represents Obama?
  • edited December 2009
    Falanca wrote: »
    so... Max represents obama?

change! ;)
  • edited December 2009

I just loved the line in S2E5 when I was playing it recently where
    Max answers the phone in Hell and asks if he's won the Nobel Peace Prize
    . So ironic that it works so well as a joke with the US President now, even though the game came out long before Obama was even elected... :D
  • edited December 2009

No, Obama represents Obama. He is mentioned in the game(Ice station santa something about a foot rub from him.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.