Things to Do in the Monkey Island World When You're Dead: RotPG "Did You Try?" List

edited November 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
There were many pieces of hidden dialogue, reactions and laughs that could be found by trying some random things throughout the episode, so here they are! This is another excuse to replay a wonderful episode!

Did you try:

- Using a note with the grog machine after getting the bottle of grog and the change
- Using the notes with the tip jar (in your inventory)
- Using your sword with the actual swordmaster (instead of Morgan)
- Asking Galeb "What did you say your name was again?" multiple times
- Giving some money to the treasure hunter
- Using the tip jar with the dog (in your inventory)
- Using LeChuck's sock with Galeb before you lure the dog to the Crossroads centre
- Giving Galeb back his dog
- Using the dog with Morgan
- Using the money with the thief
- Using the tip jar with the thief
- Using the chest with Galeb
- Clicking on the pile of scrolls while the dog is still in there
- Looking at Guybrush's gravestone multiple times
- Looking at every gravestone
- Using the anchor with the skull and crossbones
- Using the sock with the tiny pyrite parrots
- Clicking on the main mast of LeChuck's ship the first time that you are on board
- Talking to demon LeChuck and demon Elaine multiple times while they are planning their wedding
- Actually using your shred of life with the main rip while in the Land of the Dead
- Looking at the dead tree twice
- Going through the rip multiple times as a ghost
- Continually eating gum off the jail windowsill
- Continually clicking on the dead seagull after the Voodoo Lady has spoken to you through it
- Exiting Club 41 as a ghost and as a zombie
- Examining every item in your inventory while being beaten up on LeChuck's ship
- Waiting until the end of the credits to see if there was a very nice cutscene at the end to scratch your head over (if you didn't already do this one, shame on you)
- Waiting after the mentioned cutscene to find out about a special
announcement

Okay, anyone found any other nice little bonuses within the episode?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Final Battle:
    - Look at the keelhaul rope before you're keelhauled, and then twice afterwards?
    - Keep talking to Elaine until the options run out
    - Launch yourself at the mainsail without ripping a hole in it first
    - Ask Elaine to fight Lechuck 3 times
    - Fail to keep LeChuck in the rift 3 times?
  • edited December 2009
    Vira wrote: »
    Ooh - what happens then? Something amusing, I hope??
    I definitely need to replay them soon...
  • edited December 2009
    Ooh - what happens then? Something amusing, I hope??
    A lot of great lines, especially one by Elaine
    who sounds like she's on the verge of tears when she says it
  • edited December 2009
    - Look at the bottle of Grog several times
  • edited December 2009
    Try to buy Grog XD, and listen to what Guybrush has to say (which is a reference to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP5bR1o-elg )
  • edited December 2009
    look at dead tree in cross roads
  • edited December 2009
    twice
  • edited December 2009
    Did you:

-Board the Ferry to the Crossroads for the first time, with AND without carrying a "whole Eight" in your pocket?
    -Make sure to enter Club 41 as a ghost BEFORE leaping back into your body?
    -Keep talking to Anemone about her relationship with Winslow?
    -make sure to look at the names of all the stuff in the Thieves' Den when the pirate thief turns his back to you?
  • edited December 2009
    - Keep talking to the skeletal crew (both times)
    - Keep trying to show people the secret box until Guybrush breaks down
    - try using an item on the Rip
  • edited December 2009
    - Talking to Bugeye multiple times while in jail to hear each of Guybrush's remarks
    - Looking at the boatman's boat multiple times (at the beginning of the game while the boatman is still guarding the boat) to hear each of Guybrush's remarks
    - Looking (with your actual eyes) closely at the top of Winslow's deodorant
  • edited December 2009
    There was already a did you try list...:(
  • edited December 2009
    There was already a did you try list...:(

Are you referring to this one or a "Did You Try?" list preceding this one?
  • edited December 2009
    \
    - Ask Elaine to fight Lechuck 3 times
    What? You can fail?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    What? You can fail?

Yeah just don't do anything (instead of using the
    shred
    of
    life
    ), he wriggles out.

My favorite Did You Try has not yet been found.
  • edited December 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Yeah just don't do anything (instead of using the
    shred
    of
    life
    ), he wriggles out.

My favorite Did You Try has not yet been found.

Any clues?
  • edited December 2009
    Click the "banang rum" in the Club 41 a few times (6 or 7, don't remember, but less that 10)
  • edited December 2009
    Look at the bone in your inventory.

(Nice MI2-reference)
    Buezrello wrote: »
    Click the "banang rum" in the Club 41 a few times (6 or 7, don't remember, but less that 10)
    Ok, now THAT is the coolest "Did you try"-moment of the game :D And now I finally know where the bongo.ogg-file came from.
  • edited December 2009
    In the final battle with le chuck did you try jumping into the cannon without asking Elaine to light it first?
  • edited December 2009
    Buezrello wrote: »

Hahahaha I went back to try it and see what it does, and I am SO glad I did:D

- When doing the Diet of the Senses puzzle, did you ask the Treasure Hunter if he has any clues about the Whisper?
  • edited December 2009
    In the final battle with le chuck did you try jumping into the cannon without asking Elaine to light it first?

If by try you mean do it by accident, then yes I did.
  • edited December 2009
    And if you do it twice, LeChuck'll make a disgusting comment to Elaine.
  • edited December 2009
    Before the final fight, when Guybrush falls through the opening of the crossroads and there is the huuuge dialogue, after LeChuck sticks the Cutlass into the mast and he teases you by saying to pick it up...
    If you click on the mast, instead of the Cutlass, Guybrush will say "It's the mast", and then we'll see a very short reaction from LeChuck and Elaine that cracks me up everytime!! Do it, just for the fun of it.
  • edited December 2009
    If by try you mean do it by accident, then yes I did.
    Yes well it was by accident that I discovered it too as I was being punched around the ship by le chuck.:D
  • edited December 2009
    don't think these have been said:
    did you
    - look in the chest near the dead seagull as a ghost?
    - get kicked out of your zombie body many times (by bug eye and the judge, and due to time)
    - get the murray references (don't remember where, was a skull... the sign at the treasure hunt maybe)
    - keep digging for pyrite birds
    - release your dog at the treasure hunt and then search for what seems like forever before finding said dog at the crossroads, the last place you could look ;)
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2009
    don't think these have been said:
    - get the murray references (don't remember where, was a skull... the sign at the treasure hunt maybe)
    There is another one at Club 41
  • edited December 2009
    did you try...
    using the hook on the sail while on the top of the mainmast on Lechuck's ship?
  • edited December 2009
    I'm still sore that they sticky this thread and not the original "Did You Try" list for RotPG...

Edit: @Will below: Hah. I was just being a prat. I created one but it was rather silly and got lost in the "WHARR ISS CHAPTURR FAYVE IT'S 2 AM PST ALRUDDY LULZZZ" threads. :D No hard feelings or anything to be honest. My thread was actually created as one of the first of that flood of threads with a photoshopped download page trying to make people think that I had downloaded it already...coz that's what I do. :)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    My forum browsing generally comes in 5 minute spurts (as that's generally all I have time for between bouts of productivity). So generally I only get a few threads down the list before I get back to work. So what I read tends to be limited to whatever is on top and looks interesting at the time I check. Sometimes we miss things.
  • edited December 2009
    Did you speak to every skeleton member of LeChuck's crew?

By the way, leaving Club 41 as a ghost is, like, my favorite. Hooray for the extremes of keeping a game area already several times visited locked in this episode. :D
  • edited December 2009
    Did you use the anchor with the skull on the treasure hunt sign?
  • edited December 2009
    Acemaster wrote: »
    Did you speak to every skeleton member of LeChuck's crew?

By the way, leaving Club 41 as a ghost is, like, my favorite. Hooray for the extremes of keeping a game area already several times visited locked in this episode. :D
    You could talk to them individually?
  • edited December 2009
    And if you do it twice, LeChuck'll make a disgusting comment to Elaine.

Yeah, just found out about that one, too. Eeuuuw.
  • edited December 2009
    Did you examine all the gravestones?
    Did you examine guybrushes multiple times?
    Did you try selecting Grog XD?
  • edited December 2009
    Mermaid wrote: »
    Yeah, just found out about that one, too. Eeuuuw.

I allmost woke everyone up I loled so hard when i first did it
  • edited December 2009
    Friar wrote: »
    You could talk to them individually?

Yeah, at least when Elaine's become LeChuck's bride and you're on your way to Cutlass of Kaflu just to notice you can't touch it. There's four of those, and GB says different things about each.

Remembered this when people were talking about Murray references in this topic. ;)
  • edited December 2009
    I allmost woke everyone up I loled so hard when i first did it

I loled, too, but only after the shock about the finding that demons aren't actually asexual was gone.
  • edited December 2009
    What did he say? I never had the thought to try it and my game is already installed and my save games deleted now.
  • edited December 2009
    What did he say? I never had the thought to try it and my game is already installed and my save games deleted now.

Elane:Guybrush if you want to go to the crossroads I can light the canon

LeChuck: Ay you can light my canon later he he
  • edited December 2009
    - look in the chest near the dead seagull as a ghost?

How come Guybrush can 'go' through the chest but can't 'go' through Club 41's door?
  • edited December 2009
    How come Guybrush can 'go' through the chest but can't 'go' through Club 41's door?

I would call it "nintendo logic", if this game would be made by Nintendo. :o
Sign in to comment in this discussion.