Things to Do in the Monkey Island World When You're Dead: RotPG "Did You Try?" List

2»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    How come Guybrush can 'go' through the chest but can't 'go' through Club 41's door?

He /could/ go through the door, but silly Guybrush, not used to being a ghost, focuses more on not being able to turn the handle.

It's an area thing, I think they handled it in a funny way.
  • edited January 2010
    How come Guybrush can 'go' through the chest but can't 'go' through Club 41's door?

I actually don't have a response for this, but everyone else seemed to be quoting it, and it seemed like the "cool" thing to do, so... Here!

Did you try
    showing the pyrite parrots to everyone?
    MISSED OPPORTUNITY TELLTALE!
  • edited January 2010
    Can a gentle soul give me a link to `Did you try' lists the previous chapters?

I tried searching but it seems the words `did', `you' and `try' are too common or too short :S

About the main topic: did you try to use the anchor to boat?
    Nothing happens. GB says (by memory) the usual: `Anchors are not known for their versatility'
    It sounds strange as anchors exists for stopping boats!
  • edited January 2010
    ezzetabi wrote: »
    Can a gentle soul give me a link to `Did you try' lists the previous chapters?

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4

There might be more if there were doubles, but these are the ones I know of.
  • edited February 2010
    Probably about time we made this a regular thread rather than a sticky one, eh?
  • edited February 2010
    Try to chew different gums when Guybrush looks for the spirit gum in jail. There's at least 20 different responses.
  • edited February 2010
    did u try everytime u see a mast in tomi to look at it...??? everybody looks at you like you have a mental problem!! priceless
  • edited February 2010
    Buezrello wrote: »
    Click the "banang rum" in the Club 41 a few times (6 or 7, don't remember, but less that 10)

what does it say? i missed that one:eek:
  • edited February 2010
    PROGAME wrote: »
    what does it say? i missed that one:eek:

It's more than to be explained in a forum post.
  • edited February 2010
    Here's the original Banang joke from Sam & Max...

...and here's what happens in Tales.
  • edited February 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    It's more than to be explained in a forum post.

it's ok, i discovered i have a relevant saved game :)
  • edited February 2010
    Here's the original Banang joke from Sam & Max...

...and here's what happens in Tales.

it was amusing but i really prefer they don't mix apples and oranges
    (if i wanted S&M jokes i'd buy that...)
  • edited February 2010
    PROGAME wrote: »
    it was amusing but i really prefer they don't mix apples and oranges
    (if i wanted S&M jokes i'd buy that...)

I don't think it's a Sam & Max joke as such, yes it was featured in S&M first, but I think it's just more of a recurring Telltale joke.
  • edited April 2010
    Did you try using the hook with the dead seagull?
  • edited May 2010
    ChemBro wrote: »
    I would call it "nintendo logic", if this game would be made by Nintendo. :o

Its Monkey Island, ANYTHING can happen.
  • edited May 2010
    Have you tried beating LeChuck with a bottle of rootbeer?
  • edited May 2010
    Have you tried beating LeChuck with a bottle of rootbeer?

do you meen in monkey island 2 cos I cant remeber anyway of trying that in rise of the pirate god
  • edited June 2010
    Sorry for digging up the "grave" but I found something new:

-Whenever you're near a portal as a zombie, wait about one full minute (or less) then LeChuck will show up whenever you're standing in front of the portal. If you do it like twice you can get different dialouge, this includes other locations.
  • edited November 2010
    I hate to bring this back, but did you try talking to the thief AFTER you have found the Crossroads exit spell but BEFORE you place all three items at the center of the Crossroads and/or BEFORE you talk to Morgan? This video is proof of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egZdPW7j_-o
Sign in to comment in this discussion.