I really hate Elaine in the ending sequence (SPOILER)

124»

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Debbie82 wrote: »
    Actually, Elaine's voice and subtitle say, "Look, I let you capture me and I played along with your stupid 'nice guy' act because I thought that it would get Guybrush to realize that the Voodoo Lady is--" [her voice ends with "the Voodoo Lady is--"]

we will never know what she is!!!
  • edited September 2010
    The Voodoo Lady is LeChuck's mother. And Guybrush's father. Guybrush and LeChuck are tank-bred, with the main purpose of being adversaries.
  • edited September 2010
    I thought it was pretty obvious that she was just referring to becoming the demon bride to ultimately help Guybrush defeat LeChuck. Before she agreed to it you hear her go "hmm.." or something when LeChuck said mortals couldn't handle the sword.

I knew she only chose lechuck so he would turn her into a demon, so she could get her hand on the cutlass in order to kill lechuck. I never understood tho why guybrush never realized that at the time, it was pretty obvious to me.
  • edited September 2010
    I knew she only chose lechuck so he would turn her into a demon, so she could get her hand on the cutlass in order to kill lechuck. I never understood tho why guybrush never realized that at the time, it was pretty obvious to me.

Elaine had me wondering when you kept trying to return to the land of the living and kept killing you with root beer. I thought she was up to something when she said "Yessss" in that voice, but it was wasn't clear what and I was confused how she could know how being undead worked.
  • edited September 2010
    When she's a Demon Bride and blasting you with that voodoo root beer, it's pretty obvious she's not all there.

Honestly, I don't think she entirely knows how being undead works. I mean, LeChuck has come back often enough that she's probably very aware that one can come back, but probably not the specifics.
  • edited September 2010

well a lot was happening and she did zap him 2 and after the morgan pep talk I think he relised
  • edited September 2010
    well a lot was happening and she did zap him 2 and after the morgan pep talk I think he realised

he never realised till elaine told him at the end, but at least it gave him a reason to fight lechuck, to save elaine, plus the talk he gave before morgan began talking to him was sad, also its my favourite episode of the series despite all the walking to get your body back and keep it.
  • edited September 2010
    he never realised till elaine told him at the end, but at least it gave him a reason to fight lechuck, to save elaine, plus the talk he gave before morgan began talking to him was sad, also its my favourite episode of the series despite all the walking to get your body back and keep it.

its my fav episode 2
  • edited October 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    [...] (Kind of like Ron Gilbert saying that he wanted to make MI3 but never did, and things worked out for the MI series anyway.)
    [...]
    As far as Ron Gilbert is concerned, props to the man who created Monkey Island but I believe that though he claims to have had an MI3 game in mind, he never even started creating it. Not to mention that the end of MI2 was full of the weirdness factor that would befit Sam & Max. I personally think that he was just saying that he was planning on making an MI3 himself, just to give himself a bit of props, though the end of MI2 is bizarre and random enough to suggest he never even considered it. Besides, I love Curse. For ages, it was my favorite game (though TMI gives it a run for it's money.)

You never let a chance for a little MI2/Ron Gilbert bashing slip past you, do you? ;)

Speaking of going completely off topic, do you work as a Chyron operator?
  • edited October 2010
    You're half right. The ending to Monkey 2 may be slightly weird, but it's not full of the weirdness factor. I was able to make perfect sense of it.
  • edited October 2010
    I think TTG should make Elaine the villian of TMI sesion 2 she was a great villian as LeChucks bride. It could be like Jean Grey/Dark Pheniox type story where the evil Elaine wants power and the good Elaine wants Guybrush. And it could show Guybrush dealing with stopping her saving the world and trying to save Elaine from herself.
  • edited October 2010
    Hmm, I don't really hate Elaine, but I think the whole master plan thing doesn't really fit into the concept of the first 4 episodes. The only two persons who seem to have a plan, were LeChuck and the Voodoo Lady, and from the reactions of the voodoo lady I tend to believe, that she doesn't know what will happen as well.

I think the whole Demon Bride thing made more sense, if she was forced to be LeChucks demon bride. Giving in to be a demon, hopping that Guybrush will save her is not very clever, but I think that Telltale has more adventures of Monkey Island to tell and that we have not seen all possible endings :)...

I also find the possible Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix storyline quite interesting, though it reminds me of Freedom Force 2, but hell, it was a good game too, and you can not reinvent the wheel all the time.
  • edited March 2012
    Ok i think everyone is forgetting something about Guybrush's hand returning.
    If you talk to The Voodoo Lady in episode 5 about can Guybrush be revived fully with his hand back. The Voodoo Lady says something saying it is possible for it to happen or something like that and Elaine's ring must of been the thing that revived Guybrush completely.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.