The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Eh, what the heck, I'll put this here too.

DSC03357-1.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Oh nice!

You should try markers if you want to do more. like markers like the with paint consistency.
  • edited October 2010
    Naw. These are all for a photo shoot next weekend, so I want everyone's masks to match. Consistency and all that. Besides, crayons are extremely cheap.

I'm not sure if I'll need to do more or not. Activity's died down a bit on our Steam group, so I'm not getting the best response to my "roll call" announcement. Right now, these are the only five that I know will be there.
  • edited October 2010
    tf2___heavy_by_ginny_n-d30ggh8.png

Done! Done! Now the Blu versions T_T
  • edited October 2010
    Where is the creepy star wars fan art at? LOL
  • edited October 2010
    I made this a few months ago, and obviously it's not done. I'm in the process of colouring it, which would be done already if my markers weren't dead and my watercolour pencils weren't missing.

Remolay.jpg

I decided to put a Drow (The character I decided would be Remolay) in a city setting. In the background there that cut off thing near the top was supposed to be the TARDIS, but the wrong end got cut off while scanning.
  • edited October 2010
    Normally, I'm learning how to program at a university, but in free time I doodle random things.

not_for_honor__but_for_hats_by_ethan8_bit-d30f33c.png

meet_the_emotional_spy_by_ethan8_bit-d309sc8.png

meet_the_emotionally_critted_by_ethan8_bit-d309coc.png

If it's not apparent enough I enjoy Team Fortress 2 quite a bit.
  • edited October 2010
    Background!

fondo%201.png

I'm lazy as ever...
  • edited October 2010
    Eh, what the heck, I'll put this here too.

DSC03357-1.jpg

If I could order all 9 of these I so would. These are ridiculously identical to the actual masks.
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks. I can't draw worth a crap, so that really helped me get the masks to come out right. The only head-sized brown paper bags I could find were actually gift bags from Hobby Lobby, which were a dollar each, but they're also much more sturdy than normal paper bags.

My friend and I are actually looking to start a business commissioning cosplay props (like this one), so if you really are interested, maybe we can work something out once we've got shipping and Paypal figured out.
  • edited October 2010
    My friend and I are actually looking to start a business commissioning cosplay props (like this one), so if you really are interested, maybe we can work something out once we've got shipping and Paypal figured out.

You can try Storenvy for the Paypal part. It's a very very good system and it's free! I'm using that for my store of Charms and Keychains.
  • edited October 2010
    Thanks. I can't draw worth a crap, so that really helped me get the masks to come out right. The only head-sized brown paper bags I could find were actually gift bags from Hobby Lobby, which were a dollar each, but they're also much more sturdy than normal paper bags.

At the moment I don't have access to a Paypal account, but maybe in the future!
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010

I was thinking of doing something like this after I finished my Stein "screw through the head" prop. Then, I realized that I would have to make the darn thing again...
  • edited October 2010
    heal_with_it_by_ethan8_bit-d30l7nu.png

Sniper and Medic combos are the best.

Meme pun totally intended.
  • edited October 2010
    I was bored today, so I started to draw a classmate, 11 times...

TheJoschaCollection.jpg

Go to my blog for the full pic
  • edited October 2010
    tf2_stick_man_keychains_by_ginny_n-d30mcgo.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    Ginny, as if it wasnt official before, but you are officially beyond awesome.
  • edited October 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    Ginny, as if it wasnt official before, but you are officially beyond awesome.

Really is official?

Thanks ^^!
  • edited October 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Really is official?

Thanks ^^!

They are sending you a certificate.
  • edited October 2010
    I hope said certificate doesn't get lost in the mail D:

tai_quick_sharpie_sketch_by_thesunnyguy-d30nk2h.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Tai-quick-sharpie-sketch-182497625
    A quick sketch of Taiyou I did with a sharpie. During a school-bus ride back home. It was really bumpy. Way bumpier than usual >__>

This should probably be in my scraps folder, but I really like how it came out despite the relative lack of effort so what the hell.

Yes, he's supposed to look sad/depressed reflecting my mood at the time of drawing >__>
  • edited October 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    I was bored today, so I started to draw a classmate, 11 times...

TheJoschaCollection.jpg

Go to my blog for the full pic

Haha, these are pretty rad. The one on the far upper-right corner made me chuckle.
  • edited October 2010
    crown_with_ribbon_keychain_by_ginny_n-d30p9wn.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    purple_rose_earring_by_ginny_n-d30rnll.jpg

Double post, YAY!

And of course, the link if you want to click on it!
  • edited October 2010
    So, this is the first time I practice perspective because I want to and not because I'm forced to by school. How bad did I do? =P

driving_on_the_highway__by_thesunnyguy-d30sqgl.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Driv...ghway-182739189
    Alternate title: I use a car as guinea pig for practicing perspective XD

I like how it came out, even if I'm sure I completely messed up its proportions. The car is based on Sam and Max's Desoto since I had an image of it at hand, but it's not necessarily the same.

As for how it's driving despite there being no driver in the car, pick one of the following 3 possible explanations:
    a) It's possessed.
    b)Someone thought it'd be funny to put a brick on the accelerator and see what happens.
    c)I was too lazy to draw someone.
  • edited October 2010
    very good, except maybe the fact the car and the road have a different perpective. Have you tried do a box before drawing the car? That could help.
  • edited October 2010
    Heh, if I remember correctly I think I slightly moved the POV after starting the front of the car so that may be why :o
  • edited October 2010
    DSCN1389.jpg?t=1287205140

I'm on a Darkwing Duck kick, can you tell?
  • edited October 2010
    cool drawing anymore arts to share ?
  • edited October 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    i'm on a darkwing duck kick, can you tell?

awesome!
  • edited October 2010
    Sorry for the double post but:

abstract_flower_earrings_by_ginny_n-d30uw64.jpg

Of course I'm selling them ^^U
  • edited October 2010
    More quick doodles of mine...
    rooftop_confrontation____by_thesunnyguy-d30yaec.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Rooftop-confrontation-182998308
    Ok, I can't think of a better name for this.

Started as a doodle to practice a pose (it shows doesn't it?), then I kinda liked how it came out and added another character to the pic, and then I liked how that came out too and added a simple background to it (since the moon is behind them and the shadows wouldn't make much sense I quickly added a searchlight too >.>).

http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Max-quick-sharpie-sketch-182995637
    Remember I mentioned a Max sketch in the comment for Sam's? This is it. I'm sure you can see now why I said this one had to remain in my scraps >__>

http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Neuro-quick-sharpie-sketch-182997342
    The last of the sharpie sketches I did that day. Don't really like it, and no, I have no idea what the hell I was doing with the eyes.

Yeah, I don't really like those last two enough to do more than link to them...
  • edited October 2010
    Excuse the double post, I just wanted to share these >.>

simple_character_design_1_by_thesunnyguy-d311icp.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Simple-character-design-1-183148585
    A month ago, my design teacher told us all to design really, really simple characters (5 or 6 planes limit) that would form part of a story and then make them by cutting and pasting colored sheets of paper, and I'm uploading them now just because. If there's still any writing in there that I did or didn't notice it's because I was too lazy to erase anything after cropping the picture already.

This is Guy (no, I didn't spend more than 5 seconds thinking of names), his clothes were cursed and turned evil and now he's on an epic quest to get them back.

simple_character_design_2_by_thesunnyguy-d311jal.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Simple-character-design-2-183149805
    This is Dog (no, I didn't spend more than 5 seconds thinking of names), he's helping Guy get his clothes back, he's asking for a shirt in return though. He was supposed to be a Sam expy in a way, but I couldn't find brown paper >.>

simple_character_design_3_by_thesunnyguy-d311jjq.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Simple-character-design-3-183150134
    This is Lord Pants (no, I didn't spend more than 5 seconds thinking of names), he's Guy's cursed pants, and he's evil. He thinks of himself as the evilest thing in the universe and likes to do evil stuff, whatever that may be.

simple_character_design_4_by_thesunnyguy-d311jtu.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Simple-character-design-4-183150498
    This is Shirty (no, I didn't spend more than 5 seconds thinking of names), he's Guy's cursed shirt. He's Pants right hand "man" and is supposed to be evil, but honestly he's so lazy and cares so little about anything that rarely if ever actually gets something done.

If the size is annoying I can change it to links only if you want.
  • edited October 2010
    soul_ch1_pag1_by_ginny_n-d313y7x.jpg

Muahahahahahahaha
  • edited October 2010
    Ooh, nice, I love it. I think "scum of society" works better for the second speech buble btw.
  • edited October 2010
    I really like it! Love them as humans.
  • edited October 2010
    Argh! Dreaded double-post!

A little something I've had the idea for for a while, without doing it... My boyfriend convinced me to just do it, so here we go:
    CYHt2.png

(Yes, I re-use a lot of art. That's the point of vectors, dammit!)
  • edited October 2010
    Nice one Ginny! :)

Here is something I did, which I think you guys will like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-qw5caE94

It's an animated title sequence for a musical I wrote and produced with a friend two years ago. Unfortunately we never finished the animation so there are still some "work in progress" parts in there, but it's pretty cool nonetheless :)
  • edited October 2010
    Haha! That was great Junaid! I'm loving the eyeballs...!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.