The Legendary General Art Thread

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Junaid wrote: »
    Here is something I did, which I think you guys will like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76-qw5caE94

It's an animated title sequence for a musical I wrote an produced with a friend two yeard ago. Unfortunately we never finished the animation so there are still some "work in progress" parts in there, but it's pretty cool nonetheless :)

I have to put it in good chilean: AGÜESOME! (Which means Awesome. Literally)
  • edited October 2010
    I can just imagine now, it pulling back to show the hero's face on a Wanted poster, with a group of shocked monster citizens gaping at it!
  • edited October 2010
    soul_ch1_pag09_by_ginny_n-d316yfe.jpg

Even bigger MUAHAHAHAHA
  • edited October 2010
    You're skipping pages, right?

Anyways, I love the first two panels and the expression in the third one (the third panel feels a bit off to me somehow). Also, I think "You are just like them" sounds better than "exactly like them", but that's me.
  • edited October 2010
    Both "just" and "exactly" work, but because "exactly" is longer, I feel in a way it stresses that word more.
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Both "just" and "exactly" work, but because "exactly" is longer, I feel in a way it stresses that word more.

I think exactly still works; it serves the same hyperbolic function. Also, I think "you're exactly like them" sounds better/more natural than "you are exactly like them".
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I think exactly still works;.

It does, they both give the sentence pretty much the same meaning, it's just a matter of which one sounds better.
  • edited October 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    It does, they both give the sentence pretty much the same meaning, it's just a matter of which one sounds better.

It depends which word is stressed. It would sound better if the adverb was stressed with "exactly" ("You're exactly like them") and if the object was stressed with "just" ("You're just like them").
  • edited October 2010
    Seeing how "them" is both in bold and italics then "just" it is.
  • edited October 2010
    Right you are! I didn't see that.
  • edited October 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    I think exactly still works

It seems weird to me that you'd quote me, and then say "still". I actually meant my post as favouring "exactly" over "just", although not by a lot, as I feel they're fairly equal.
  • edited October 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    It seems weird to me that you'd quote me, and then say "still". I actually meant my post as favouring "exactly" over "just", although not by a lot, as I feel they're fairly equal.

I know, I was agreeing with you. I'm not sure why I didn't state that in the post, in hindsight :P
  • edited October 2010
    Ok, posting this here instead of the S&M thread because what I want is opinions on an experiment of mine with the clouds and shading in this pic:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2eo9xep.jpg

Also wondering if I should keep that dialogue or if I should change it back to simply "just what is going on here?" >___>

And yes, this is for the Halloween contest-
  • edited October 2010
    Looks pretty close to Batman the Animation if you ask me
  • edited October 2010
    If that's the impression it gives you then that's great since that's what I was going for :D
  • edited October 2010
  • edited October 2010
    I drew this comic yesterday. I was thinking of the Telltale Forums' beloved spambots while I was drawing it:

thumbs_spambot.png
  • edited November 2010
    I did some more concept art for my graduation short. Click on them to see bigger versions:

Dummy11.png Dummy10.png
    Dummy09.png

Dummy08.png
    Dummy07.png
    Dummy06.png

Dummy05.png
    Dummy04.png
    Dummy03.png
    Dummy02.pngDummy01.png
  • edited November 2010
    Wow, that concept art is pretty nice.

Anyways, I'm trying out some things, did I do horrible or just bad? (j/k, but yeah, how does it look?)

doing_some_experiments____by_thesunnyguy-d321vc3.png

http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Doing-some-experiments-184845027
    As the title says I'm just experimenting here with sharpies and shading, nothing too serious. Yes, it's experimenting, not practicing because I honestly have no effing clue of what I'm doing >.>

Sam is there because noir Sam felt appropiate for this style tbh. Speaking of him, I really think I shouldn't have added a shadow on his teeth, and I honestly think I just messed up the one on the bottom (he's supposed to be directly beneath a light) but you be the judge I guess.
  • edited November 2010
    That stuff's really good! You have a pretty good grasp of light and shadow and how to use it effectively. I'd continue doing things like this as exercises. An understanding of how to use shadow is very important imo.
  • edited November 2010
    Honestly, I wouldn't say I have a good grasp of it (at least yet), I'm just starting to kinda get the hang of it XD

Notice how half of them are just half dark and half light exactly by the middle.
  • edited November 2010
    Hey Artists of TellTale Forums!

I'm currently on the prowl to bring on board an artist that can design somewhat of a mascot around a logo and theme for my website. We'd like to keep it along the lines of something cartoonish that still looks professional and presentable to advertisers and for marketability.

If any of you are interested, can you send me a PM with a link to some of your previous stuff to see if it's in the ball park (style wise) of what we're trying to accomplish?

Thanks.
  • edited November 2010
    quick_thing_on_flash_by_thesunnyguy-d32c09v.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Quick-thing-on-flash-185317987
    Got bored and quickly did this on Flash to entertain myself.

Well, not much else to say >.>
  • edited November 2010
    I posted my Max doll a while back, but I made oversized squishy dools/puppets on comission. Here are three:

The Max doll:
    573741-20100831135404.jpg
    An Edward Elric one from Fullmetal Alchemist (his gloves and jacket are removeable, and his right arm is automail!):
    573741-20081015210650.jpg
    Ichigo from Bleach- with extra battle damage!:
    573741-20090603100424.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Love the Ed doll :)

The Ichigo doll,uh...no comment ^_^;

So yeah...I got bored.

nyoro_n_kaitou_x_san_by_thesunnyguy-d32nno7.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Nyoro-n-Kaitou-X-san-185861527
    Just a quick silly idea I had for Neuro and X (Sai) from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. Poor X, Neuro won't let him observe him :(

I hope I'm not the only fan of this series here.
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Love the Ed doll :)

The Ichigo doll,no comment

Part of the problem is the lighting. It really isn't that scary. Also, that was an in-progress picture, I removed the giraffe neck he seemed to have. I'm going to attempt a Sam for me at some pint, probably the Noir version with a plush Max-brain-in-a-jar.
  • edited November 2010
    Well that explains it XD

Also, I'd buy that Noir Sam with Max-brain-in-a-jar plush :D
  • edited November 2010
    Warning: lots of bad drawings ahead. ;D

Castiel from Supernatural.
    Cas.png

Rejected T-shirt design I did a while back.
    Vessel.png

Concept art of a character I was writing about.
    Alex.png

Same character. I changed the concept a bit.
    pic091310_1.jpg

Lame, lame, lame crossover.
    Xover.jpg

Failed attempt at a realistic face. It came out really creepy, in my opinion.
    IMG.jpg

Ghost Austin (whom I love drawing very much).
    Austin.png

Noodle from the Gorillaz.
    Noodle.jpg

That's all for now. I'll have more soon, though. ^u^
  • edited November 2010
    Concept02.png
  • edited November 2010
    Howdy from the BttF board. =]

Here's some of my stuff. A piece from my favorite game ever, 'Mass Effect' (or rather the sequel)

s640x480
    My Shepard (yes, I'm a chick but a play a male Shepard. Go figure) getting attacked by Grunt, one of your party members.

s640x480
    Cad Bane from 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars'. Yes.

And now some of my crazy head*children that I came up with.

000w0rbh

s640x480
    (I love bug people)
  • edited November 2010
    I love that Cad Bane piece! He's perhaps the coolest villain in the whole Clone Wars series, and one of the coolest in the Star Wars universe. He deserves as much fan art as he gets.
  • edited November 2010
    Here's a book cover for the novel I'm working on. It's mostly just a concept, plus I was practicing lighting. Kinda messed up Travis's hair, but...
    Anyway, here it is.
    Pic.png
  • edited November 2010
    soul___ch1__pag14_by_ginny_n-d335egu.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Generaal.png
  • edited November 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2083&stc=1&d=1290221899

Pic says it all.
  • edited November 2010
    It'd take me a while to comment on everything, so I'll just say that you guys are awesome (which is true).

Heh, everything involving IRL me makes me kinda embarassed so I'll just leave the link and description here ^_^;

http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Intr...uh-me-186768257
    Well, uh, as a project, our design class teacher told us to do a cartoon version of ourselves in the style of one of our favorite shows and then later photoshop ourselves in a screenshot. Some people did Invader Zim, some Rugrats, some did anime, a friend did Swat Cats, and I naturally did Sam and Max.

So yeah, I'm not sure how well I did the style of the human characters in the cartoon (and yeah, the outline is definitely too thick, but it's kinda hard to do with a thiner one when I can only use my laptop's trackpad), but at least everyone tells me it REALLY looks like me *shrugs*

Not too happy with the pose or hands but whatever.

And here's the screenshot part
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Self-insert-homework-186895821
  • edited November 2010
    Sunny Guy: Awww, that's pretty awesome! Brings back fond memories I have of the Sam and Max cartoon. Thanks for sharing. =]

Here's a work in progress for a digital painting-thing I'm doing. It's of a couple characters from the forthcoming Dragon Age 2.

s640x480

Full size

Still a long ways away from being done, but eh.
  • edited November 2010
    And woah what's this? More concept art? Yup.

Boer05.png
  • edited November 2010
    @Junaid: I love your concept art ^^!

improvement_meme_by_ginny_n-d33s0er.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    I should do that meme one of this days, I'm sure the differences will be huge on mine for some years at least.

Oh, and just a little something I had to do for a final project.
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/A-small-animation-project-188293289
Sign in to comment in this discussion.