Which is the best Monkey Island game so far?

13»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I always thought of "noob" as an Internet synonym to idiot. "Newbie" is a much nicer term. Anyway, what matters is that Stareye didn't mean to offend anyone.

Oh, yeah, I can't remember if I've posted in this topic before, but my fave is Revenge. Curse is really good too.
  • edited September 2011
    Can I choose all of them?
  • edited February 2012
    wow I was really tempted to make a new thread and poll to see how tales ranks among the classic Monkey Island games and then came across this thread I had already made. I'm surprised by how the games are ranked.

I never thought Tales would rank higher than secret of monkey island, imagined that game to be near the top.
  • edited February 2012
    I'm kind of sad that MI2 has the most votes cause I really think it's my least favourite in the series. I did genuinely come off as the hardest entry, I thought the ending was unique among such games, but also totally unnecessary. There were so many questions left unanswered, and even Curse and later entries haven't really explained all of them. It just feels like the odd-man-out to me.

I'd choose Curse AND Tales if I could. However, Escape is what brought me fully into the series, so I'd actually say I liked it a fair amount.

The problem I have with SoMI is that while it was indeed a great game, I just don't think it's as good as later entries. That's not always true in many series, and I still think FF6 is better than all the others that came after it and I do believe Curse had a very satisfying ending.

I'd probably have voted only Tales if it hadn't ended on a cliffhanger note, though, as it was really good.
  • edited February 2012
    I came into the series with Escape, but by the time I'd bought it was already 5 years old. Except for a short story and a few easy puzzles I can't really see the problem with it but I guess ToMI is my fave since I haven't played the ones before Escape.
  • SydSyd
    edited February 2012
    I think I'll have to go with Curse. The previous two are certainly classics, but I just enjoyed Curse the most. Sure, LeChuck seemed somewhat ineffective as a villain and the ending could have been a bit less abrupt, but no game has made me laugh harder. I have a difficult time placing Tales as a whole in an exact spot, since (to me) the quality varies from episode to episode. Escape is probably in last place for me, but that doesn't mean I think it's horrible, it just has some problems holding it back.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.