SoMI:SE Backgrounds Fix patch and other mods.

2»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Has anyone tried using these mods on the Mac version?
  • edited December 2011
    I know this is a very old thread, but I feel inclined to bump it.

I recommend this patch to anyone and everyone who has a copy of SOMI:SE.
  • edited April 2012
    Bumping this too now that the games are on Sale over at Steam.
  • edited February 2014

I realize that this is kind of an old thread but I would really appreciate if someone could help me by explaining to me how exactly you are supposed to add this patch to your game. All I found was a 'Readme' text document that simply said; "Place the Art folder in the Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition folder" which I've done but nothing has changed in the game for me. I'vet tried to add it to the 'art' folder, the 'rooms' folder, etc. But nothing is working.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

The game should just load the folder into the game as is for you if you have the art folder in the main directory. Make sure that the art folder is the one in the directory, and that it isn't in a subdirectory, as the game looks for specific directories when it loads the assets.

I realize that this is kind of an old thread but I would really appreciate if someone could help me by explaining to me how exactly you are

• @LordTrilobite
    Just wanted to point out that recently I also did some gfx fixes for MISE (didn't know this thread!) in the Steam Guides section: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3128072912
    luckily enough they can be combined together with your fixes :smile:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.