I dont want to wait any more

2»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I personally think a weekly or bi-weekly schedule for smaller games would work really well. For a game built specifically for that format, of course, it wouldn't be right to just chop up the four "acts" of a monthly adventure and call it a day. I generally play episodes in the first week or two of release, and that's when the most forum discussion goes on.

For example, The Penal Zone came out on the 15th. That's about two weeks ago. Notice how the conversation kind of slows at this place around this time, that midpoint between "The episode is out!" and "I can't wait for the upcoming episode!"? Bi-weekly or weekly might keep more active interest.
  • edited April 2010
    I prefer the monthly schedule, but: One Telltale game isn't enough for me. My more ideal gaming month starts with a new episode of Sam and Max and two weeks later there is a new episode of Tales of Monkey Island (or Futurama ... Do it! Get the license!).
  • edited April 2010
    I love that Telltale releases games on a monthly basis. And I like to watch weekly tv shows.
  • edited May 2010
    Hey when I tried to propose to Max, Sam just said "I'm not ready for a commitment."

Did I miss something?

Also, I REALLY wish it came out today..... :( For some reason I just really, REALLY wish I could play ep 302 right now.... In fact I've been thinking about it since about 11 o'clock this morning... :(
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Hey when I tried to propose to Max, Sam just said "I'm not ready for a commitment."

Did I miss something?

It only works outside of BoscoTech.
  • edited May 2010
    I like the monthly schedule.. I did prefer when they had fixed dates for each episode going into a season though.
  • edited May 2010
    Do we really have to wait all the way to the 15th of the month? That was a great gimmick for April, but from now on episodes should be available from the first of each month.
  • edited May 2010
    Do we really have to wait all the way to the 15th of the month? That was a great gimmick for April, but from now on episodes should be available from the first of each month.
    Yeah, screw actually finishing up the episodes, release them now!
    :p

Also, why is releasing on the 15th a nice gimmick? Isn't it a date just like any other?
  • edited May 2010

What? No. Telltale's monthly release date can and will happen anytime during the month that it's scheduled. Just be patient and wait till the mid of the month.

That's for each month FYI.
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Yeah, screw actually finishing up the episodes, release them now!
    :p

Also, why is releasing on the 15th a nice gimmick? Isn't it a date just like any other?

The reason it is a gimmick is that it came out on tax day. It's saying that Sam and max are like death and taxes. It's an inevitable fact, rather than something that can be put off or avoided.
  • edited May 2010
    The reason it is a gimmick is that it came out on tax day. It's saying that Sam and max are like death and taxes. It's an inevitable fact, rather than something that can be put off or avoided.

It wasn't a gimmick. It was a coincidence. TTG release dates are not predictable like that. Plus, only a portion of the customer base would even get a gimmick like that (not everyone lives in the US).

To illustrate the point, here are the release dates of ToMI:

Chapter:

1 - July 7, 2009

2 - August 20, 2009

3 - September 29, 2009

4 - October 30, 2009

5 - December 8, 2009
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    It only works outside of BoscoTech.

Ahhh thank you.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Ahhh thank you.

Also important to note is that it only works on graphics level 7+.
  • edited May 2010
    From what I gather that only counts for the first 2 "screens", not the last scene with the ring.

Still; wouldn't be the same without those first 2 screens IMO.

I doubt 302 would be available 15 may or earlier, probably more like 22 or so...
  • edited May 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    Also important to note is that it only works on graphics level 7+.

lol.

That was TOTALLY worth it! I wonder if people outside the US will get the reference to that old commercial though? [talking about proposal to Max gag]

Hilarious. Thanks to whoever told me that. :)
  • edited May 2010
    From what I gather that only counts for the first 2 "screens", not the last scene with the ring.

Still; wouldn't be the same without those first 2 screens IMO.

I doubt 302 would be available 15 may or earlier, probably more like 22 or so...

Aww what happens in the first two screens? I still thought it was really funny without it tho, whatever it is I missed.
  • edited May 2010
    I didn't get the reference and I still liked the joke.
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    I didn't get the reference and I still liked the joke.

Cool, it's a play on an old engagement ring commercial, or series of them... You always just saw the sillhouettes of the actors, and the floating ring.. They might even still make those.
  • edited May 2010
    Same here. Non-US so didn't get any "reference", didn't prevented it from making it the most hilarious joke in the game though for me...
  • edited May 2010
    Same here. Non-US so didn't get any "reference", didn't prevented it from making it the most hilarious joke in the game though for me...

This might help. (originally posted by 'light_rises')
  • edited May 2010
    Psy wrote: »
    So a while ago I thought to myself, "We make games with usually 4 acts in 4 weeks, why not split them into 4 games and release on a weekly basis?" Not really as a THIS IS AWESOME thing, but just to think about it. I mentioned it to a friend, and his response was pretty dead on:

With episodic gaming, getting the right interval to content ratio is crucial, and I think Telltale's been getting it right. But I work here, so my opinion is pretty obvious :P

I also think the amount of content is OK at the moment. I wouldn't want weekly releases at the expense of the episode's length! A short act 1 hour long act to play instead of the usual 4 hours episode casual gameplay experience doesn't appeal to me.

I suppose I would like more Telltale games releasing in overlapping intervals. I liked when Wallace and Gromit episode 3 came out in June and then shortly afterwards Monkey Island started and then a few weeks later I got Wallace and Gromit episode 4. It made the wait for games seem shorter. Looking forward to Puzzle Agent.

So I guess I am waiting for Telltale to expand into a huge mega-corporation? Or would that be bad? :confused: :)
  • edited May 2010
    I also think the amount of content is OK at the moment. I wouldn't want weekly releases at the expense of the episode's length! A short act 1 hour long act to play instead of the usual 4 hours episode casual gameplay experience doesn't appeal to me.

I suppose I would like more Telltale games releasing in overlapping intervals. I liked when Wallace and Gromit episode 3 came out in June and then shortly afterwards Monkey Island started and then a few weeks later I got Wallace and Gromit episode 4. It made the wait for games seem shorter. Looking forward to Puzzle Agent.

So I guess I am waiting for Telltale to expand into a huge mega-corporation? Or would that be bad? :confused: :)

Yeah, I'm split in two as well. Would I like TTG to grow so I could get more episodes of all games I love or would I just end up being disappointed bc they stopped participating in forum activity, stopped easter egging and quickly watered out content of all games?

Not sure. I guess I'd go with my gluttony and say grow, grow, grow!
  • edited May 2010
    I can't wait another 2 and a bit weeks, give or take, to play They Stole Max's Brain: I want it now!
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    Freakin lazy asses on EU PSN, the game still isn't there :(
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    Its up on the eu psn!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2010
    yay for you!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.