Sam & Max Sales

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Hey Telltale! I'm curious how your sales numbers look for Sam & Max thus far. It's by far my favorite series, so I'm rooting for you guys and really want you to succeed. I'm guessing you won't give full numbers, but how would you compare it to ToMI? Are you "happy"?

I also wonder how this season compares to the others... I played the first 2 seasons on GameTap so I wonder if you're seeing more direct revenue this time around.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Their latest press release answers some of your questions:
    SAN RAFAEL, Calif. – April 22, 2010 – Sam & Max: the Devil’s Playhouse, the new epic 5 game comedy saga from Telltale Games Inc. is dominating the sales charts on multiple digital channels. Launched earlier this month The Devil’s Playhouse and its premiere episode The Penal Zone currently rank in the top 10 sales charts in the iPad App Store and Steam and the game is among the top 20 most downloaded games on the PlayStation Store.

“This is the strongest debut for the dog and bunny detective to date - and for Telltale,” said Telltale CEO, Dan Connors. “PC and PlayStation 3 audiences have responded extremely well to the game, and we’re happy to bring our brand of storytelling to the new iPad audience, a community that is hungry for quality game content. The game is also the top seller by far right now at the TelltaleGames.com store.”
  • edited April 2010
    I'd say that it's steam sales would've been poor if it hadn't have added TF2 hats.
  • edited April 2010
    The press release doesn't say anything about sales figures and how the numbers compare to previous seasons
  • edited April 2010
    I'd say that it's steam sales would've been poor if it hadn't have added TF2 hats.

OR the hundreds of codes they gave away for telltale users to get the steam versions free.
  • edited April 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    The press release doesn't say anything about sales figures and how the numbers compare to previous seasons
    This is the strongest debut for the dog and bunny detective to date - and for Telltale

That's a pretty good idea of how it compares to previous seasons
    the new epic 5 game comedy saga from Telltale Games Inc. is dominating the sales charts on multiple digital channels

Not specific figures, but here too that should give you an idea.
  • edited April 2010
    Great news!
  • edited April 2010
    I know for a fact they sold at LEAST one copy...
  • edited April 2010
    Yay! Glad to hear it. Good work guys!
  • edited April 2010
    It was on the Steam top sellers list for a few days during the hat promotion. Hardly the constant, runaway success of Tales on that platform, but still a relatively strong showing(I would have liked to see Winterbottom up there too, but I guess "MurderKill 4: The Shootening" is a lot better).
  • edited April 2010
    Ooh! I didn't know it was out on Steam, yay!
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I know for a fact they sold at LEAST one copy...

If you're SO SURE, then this makes it two.
  • edited April 2010
    It was on the Steam top sellers list for a few days during the hat promotion. Hardly the constant, runaway success of Tales on that platform, but still a relatively strong showing(I would have liked to see Winterbottom up there too, but I guess "MurderKill 4: The Shootening" is a lot better).

To be fair, MuderKill 4 IS a great game. It has over twice the shooting of MurderKill 3:Bullet Time!
  • edited April 2010
    If you go to PS3 topsellers its on there... on the bottom but still its there.
  • edited July 2010
    Horray for Telltale! :)
  • edited July 2010
    When does MurderKill 5: Genocide come out?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.