Steam version?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks I will buy that.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Will it be available on Steam for Mac too?
  • edited May 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Will it be available on Steam for Mac too?
    It seems like a really safe bet. All of Telltale's Mac games are on Steam for Mac, and Puzzle Agent is coming to Mac according to the game's page.
  • edited May 2010
    Not showing up in that list for me at all, newest entry's Devil's Playhouse. Maye it's a geographic thing
  • edited May 2010
    I don't think it's showing up for anybody yet. Jake posted the link to show that Steam already carries all of Telltale's other downloadable games, so it's reasonable to assume that Puzzle Agent will show up there sometime closer to release.
  • edited June 2010
    Any news on if it's coming to Steam?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    I think at this point it's safe to assume that it will be a same-day launch for Steam for all of our games to come unless otherwise stated.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Oh hey, you know how I said "unless otherwise stated?" So apparently there were conversations going on that neither Jake nor I knew about, and the Steam version won't be launching until later next month. Sorry to have misinformed you!
  • edited June 2010
    Oh, wow. That was kind of a slip up, huh?
  • edited June 2010
    Oh, wow. That was kind of a slip up, huh?

Uh? He went back to inform people as soon as he learned about it, what part of that is a "slip up"?
  • edited June 2010
    I don't think it's a "slip up", it's correct communication:
    In #9 he says that it will be a same-day launch for Steam for all of their games to come (including Puzzle Agent) unless otherwise stated.
    In #10, "otherwise" is stated.
  • edited June 2010
    Too bad, I really want to buy it on Steam, just like every other Telltale games I have. So I guess I'll have to wait a bit more then...
  • edited June 2010
    Too bad, I really want to buy it on Steam, just like every other Telltale games I have. So I guess I'll have to wait a bit more then...
    Same. I'm actually very disappointed in this late Steam release.
  • edited June 2010
    Valve is probably very busy with their current summer sale.
    Plus, releasing a game after that sale would make sure it'll get noticed by more people, increasing sales.
  • edited July 2010
    1) Buy game on telltale.com
    2) Add game to Steam through "add non-steam game"
    3) Enjoy game and Steam features all at once!
  • edited July 2010
    1) Buy game on telltale.com
    2) Add game to Steam through "add non-steam game"
    3) Enjoy game and Steam features all at once!

Only problem is, no autoupdating, no cloud savegames config stored online, and the absolutely worst thing of all, having all your games at 257 different websites with different logins, very very uncool.
  • edited July 2010
    no cloud savegames config stored online,

None of Telltale's games have Steam Cloud support.
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    None of Telltale's games have Steam Cloud support.

But thats not steam's fault. Telltale should start to use it, Its a nice free feature.
  • edited July 2010
    The problem I have with the Steam releases is that I don't have the option to get any of the extra swag, like the full-season DVDs. And I now regret purchashing Sam & Max 1 and 2, ToMI, W&G, and SBCG4AP on Steam, because they won't count toward anything on Telltale's website. And as previously mentioned, none of the Steam services are taken advantage of, like Steam Cloud, or even the Steam achievements. As far as auto-updating is concerned, I think it would be trivial for Telltale to add updater functionality to their little Unlocker/Launcher for each game.
  • edited July 2010
    I didn't say it was steam's fault.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm not saying Steam's at fault for anything; I'm just expressing my opinion.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.